Edenello

Lengthy Lines - Making the Longest Spirals and Stairsteps

Welcome to Lengthy Lines!

We have two primary goals. 1. Challenge yourself to make the longest spiral, stairstep, or variant of a spiral/stairstep possible, and 2. Document the longest lineages we are working on or have completed/found. Anyone is welcome to join at any time, either creating a new lineage or continuing an old one, as long as you follow our rules. Lets see how high we can get the number of generations!

This was inspired by @purplehaze's 100 and 200 day breeding challenges, if you like this project you should check those out too!

Thread Navigation

1. Introduction & Rules (You are here)

2. Forms and Banners

3. Members & The Hall of Fame

4. News

Rules

For clarification: An active lineage is any lineage that you are currently working on expanding. A completed lineage is one that you are no longer working on expanding.

General Rules

• Please follow all Dragon Cave rules and guidelines
  • To prevent cluttering the forum, please refrain from going off-topic from this post. Please also refrain from double-posting; if your post was the most recent one and you have another update, please update your previous post.
  • Please give at least a week for the Members, Progress, & Hall of Fame page to be updated with your information. If it has not been updated after a week, you may send @Edenello a message to remind them.

For Active Lineages:

• All active lineages must be a spiral, stairstep, or variant on one of the two (e.i. each generation must have 1 CB parent).
  • You may create a brand new lineage just for this project or use a pre-existing lineage. Please make sure you are filling out the proper form depending on if your lineage is new or old!
    • For pre-existing lineages: It is preferred that it is not currently a part of another active lineage project on the forums. However, if the project in question is currently inactive, locked, or completed, and you wish to continue or submit a line, you may do so!
  • Set a goal for how many generations you would like to try to achieve, this should be at least 12 generations to fill the entire lineage screen. We have trophies for your signature for reaching 12, 25, 50, 75, and 100 generations.
  • Please fill out the Goal Completion form once you have reached your goal. You may set another goal by this using this form.
  • There are no restrictions on the dragon types used, but you may choose your dragon types in advance if you would like an extra challenge. There is a space in the optional section of the forms if you would like to do so.
  • The longest active lineages will be marked in their own section of the hall of fame.

For Completed Lineages

• If you would like to mark your lineage as complete, please fill out the form to do so. It will then be added to the Hall of Fame as long as it has 12 generations or more.
  • If you would like to submit a completed lineage to the hall of fame, please fill out the Hall of Fame submission form. Please only submit dragons that are on your scroll and that follow the stairstep, spiral, or variant of the two pattern, have at least 12 generations, and where the two most recent generations are on your scroll.
  • Please do not submit lineages where the two most recent generations are not on your scroll. If you find a dragon in the AP that fits the criteria for an active lineage, you may still continue the lineage.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions/Future Anticipated Questions):

(section is under construction, please let @Edenello know if you have any questions you would like added here!)

Q: Can I submit a completed lineage if I am not a current member/have not worked on it in this thread?

A: Yes, as long as it is not a part of another currently active lineage project. This thread also serves to document long lineages that have already been completed!

Q: Why do I need to have the two most-recent generations on my scroll to mark a lineage as completed?

A: This is an honor system to prevent people from claiming the work of others, especially in the case of abandonned eggs. If you would like to submit the lineage after adding more generations onto it you may do so though!

Q: Do I need to update my main form?

A: Nope! Your current generation and goal are kept track of in the third post of this thread.

Edited by Edenello
added FaQ section; updated rules on 11/22/23

Thread Navigation

1. Introduction and Rules

2. Forms & Banners (You are here)

4. News

Forms:

I Am Starting/Continuing a Lineage!

Forum Name:

Scroll Name:

Generation Number Goal:

Starting Dragons & Starting Generation: (these are the dragons that you will be breeding first after announcing plans to start the lineage; please use lineage links instead of direct links)

Lineage Group: (optional)

Dragons Used/Pattern: (optional)

Notes: (optional)

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number:

Proof/Lineage Link:

Notes: (optional)

I Have Reached My Goal!

Number of Generations:

New Goal? (Y/N; if yes, also add the new generation goal)

I Would Like to Mark My Lineage as Complete!

Lineage Link for Final Dragon:

Final Generation Number:

Hall of Fame Submission:

Dragon Name:

Generation Number:

Proof/Lineage Link:

---

Banners:

rFrSzne.png

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192021-lengthy-lines-making-the-longest-spirals-and-stairsteps/][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/rFrSzne.png][/URL]

"How far can you go?" banner by Edenello.

Trophies:

Here are some trophies you can use for reaching different levels of the Hall of Fame, either for a completed line or an in-progress line. These also link back to the thread like the banners do.

Lengthy Lines 12 Generations Trophy 12 generations trophy by Edenello

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192021-lengthy-lines-making-the-longest-spirals-and-stairsteps/][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/vFgUj0F.png][/URL]

Lengthy Lines 25 Generations Trophy25 generations trophy by Edenello

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192021-lengthy-lines-making-the-longest-spirals-and-stairsteps/][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/YS7k6a4.png][/URL]

Lengthy Lines 50 Generations Trophy50 generations trophy by Edenello

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192021-lengthy-lines-making-the-longest-spirals-and-stairsteps/][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/4ObmYwc.png][/URL]

Lengthy Lines 75 Generations Trophy75 generations trophy by Edenello

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192021-lengthy-lines-making-the-longest-spirals-and-stairsteps/][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/gZwiS3p.png][/URL]

Lengthy Lines 100 Generations Trophy100 generations trophy by Edenello

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192021-lengthy-lines-making-the-longest-spirals-and-stairsteps/][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/fc8vtID.png][/URL]

Edited by Edenello

Thread Navigation

1. Introduction and Rules

2. Forms & Banners

3. Members & The Hall of Fame (You are here)

4. News

Member List (And Their Current Project):

DragonPrincess1: Main Form | Current Gen: 4 | Current Goal: Unknown |

Edenello: Main Form | Current Gen: 16 | Current Goal: 26 |

Egg Watcher: Main Form | Current Gen: 3 | Current Goal: 33 |

euphoric_poptarts: Main Form | Current Gen: 4 | Current Goal: Ꝏ |

Gwathgor: 

1. Triple Step Drakes: Main Form | Current Gen: 19 | Current Goal: Ꝏ |
  2. AP Triple Step: Main Form | Current Gen: 13 | Current Goal: Ꝏ |

purplehaze: Main Form | Current Gen: 84 | Current Goal: Ꝏ |

Silmavra: Main Form

1. Pharos Xenowyrms | Current Gen: 4 | Current Goal: 16 |
  2. Lacula, Fever, & Pyropelis | Current Gen: 3 | Current Goal: 16 |

sorrena: 

1. Descending with Stripes: Main Form | Current Gen: 10 | Current Goal: 14 |
  2. Witchlights & Boo-Codes: Main Form | Current Gen: 3 | Current Goal: 13 |
  3. Black Marrows & Bat-Codes: Main Form | Current Gen: 3 | Current Goal: 13 |
  4. Shadow Walkers & Bat-Codes: Main Form | Current Gen: 4 | Current Goal: 13 |

zippuzzle: Main Form | Current Gen: 20 | Current Goal: 26 |

Members who have completed their current project:

LadyMadonna: Main Form | Current Gen: 23 | Current Goal: 23 |

---

The Lengthy Lineage Hall of Fame:

Note: All Hall of Fame dragons must be on the submitter's scroll. Please do not submit other people's dragons! The in-progress list includes all current lines that are at least 12 generations long. Completed lines must fill out the hall of fame submission form.

The Lengthiest In-Progress Lines:

Current Record Holder: purplehaze | Gen 84

2nd Place: zippuzzle | Gen 20

3rd Place: Gwathgor | Gen 19: Triple Step Drakes

100+ Generations:

N/A

75-99 Generations:

purplehaze | Gen 84

50-74 Generations:

N/A

25-49 Generations:

N/A

12-24 Generations:

zippuzzle | Gen 20

Gwathgor | Gen 19: Triple Step Drakes

Edenello | Gen 16

Gwathgor | Gen 13: AP Triple Step

The Lengthiest Completed Lines:

Current Record Holder: trystan | Gen 51: Tristan Barnard

2nd Place: LadyMadonna | Gen 23: Freedom Fields Album

3rd Place: Zonnedauw | Gen 12: Hellfire x Tsunami Spiral

100+ Generations:

None submitted yet!

75-99 Generations:

None submitted yet!

50-74 Generations:

trystan | Gen 51: Tristan Barnard

25-49 Generations:

None submitted yet!

12-24 Generations:

LadyMadonna | Gen 23: Freedom Fields Album

Zonnedauw | Gen 12: Hellfire x Tsunami Spiral

Edited by Edenello

Thread Navigation

1. Introduction and Rules

2. Forms & Banners

4. News (You Are Here)

News & Updates

Announcements:

4/11/2024 (Mini announcement): As a reminder now that the 20 week breeding challenge has started up again (go check it out if you haven't already!), please keep your lineages for that challenge separate from here until the challenge is over to avoid excessive cross-posting. If you would like once the challenge is over, you may submit those lineages to the hall of fame or continue working on them here.

---

Newest Members:

no recent additions (You can change that! ;) )

---

Hall of Fame Updates:

Added trystan's lineage to the Hall of Fame, 4/11/24

Added Zonnedauw's lineage to the Hall of Fame, 4/11/24

---

Congrats on Meeting Your Goals!

Congrats, trystan, on completing your lineage!

Congrats, Zonnedauw, on completing your lineage!

Edited by Edenello

Reserving this post just in case and also posting my lineage.

I Am Starting/Continuing a Lineage!

Forum Name: Edenello

Scroll Name: Edenello

Generation Number Goal: 26

Starting Dragons & Starting Generation: Runaway Andrea, Runaway Angel, Gen 1

Lineage Group: Here

Dragons Used/Pattern: Spiral with Whiptails only

Notes: I plan on starting all of my dragon's names with Runaway as well as having the names after go in alphabetical order from generation to generation.

Edited by Edenello

I Am Continuing an Old Lineage!

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll Name: purplehaze

Starting Generation & Lineage Link: (generation number as of the time of filling out this form) 56  Link

Generation Number Goal:

Current Generation: 56

Lineage Group: Lengthy Lines Group

Dragons Used/Pattern: (optional) Stair with only blue dragons

Notes: not sure at this point how far I may go with this. It is picking up a lineage that I started for the 60-week breeding challenge back in 2019.

@Edenello You didn't include a place for a lineage link, so I have temporarily linked it to the Starting Generation.

Edited by purplehaze

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@Edenello You didn't include a place for a lineage link, so I have temporarily linked it to the Starting Generation.

Thanks for catching that! I've updated the form and placed it on the same line as the starting generation.

I Am Starting a New Lineage!

Forum Name: Gwathgor

Scroll Name: Gwathgor

Generation Number Goal:

Current Generation: 2

Starting Dragons: https://dragcave.net/view/Ka20u,  https://dragcave.net/view/5BO7Z

Lineage Group: Here

Dragons Used/Pattern: A triple step spiral with various drakes

Notes: I like this project idea! I'd like more non-standard dragons with long lineages, and since I did pygmies for the 20 weeks challenge, now it's drakes' time to shine ^^ Not entirely sure yet about how am I gonna go about which breeds to use, but we'll see as we go.

Edited by Gwathgor

gah.

i was thinking of stopping my lineage i started for the 100 Day challenge this year at my current gen, so that i'd have dragons for next year's 20 Week challenge.

but now.... *sigh*

let me rework my spreadsheet

yep.

Forum Name: trystan

Scroll Name: trystan830

Starting Generation & Lineage Link: (generation number as of the time of filling out this form) 23G; future Sika

Generation Number Goal: 51 to start. maybe more later if i have more names. 

Current Generation: 23 

Lineage Group: (optional) this lineage will continue in my Skaikru group.  the beginning of the lineage is in my We're All Star Stuff group.

Dragons Used/Pattern: (optional) spiral with alternating pairs of Nebula and Antareans

Edited by trystan

On 9/15/2023 at 11:03 PM, Edenello said:

Current Goat

XD

i thought i was Queen of Typos XD

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

XD

i thought i was Queen of Typos XD

Oops! Fixed it. T isn't even close to L on my keyboard so I have no idea how that happened.

Forum Name: LadyMadonna

Scroll Name: LadyMadonna

Starting Generation & Lineage Link: (generation number as of the time of filling out this form) 21 You can hear her call-ing

Generation Number Goal: 23

Lineage Group: (optional) 

Dragons Used/Pattern: (optional) stairstep of Purple and Marocephalic

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 2

Proof/Lineage Link: Here

Notes: It has begun :D 

Lineage Link for Final Dragon: Freedom Fields Album

Final Generation Number: 23

Notes: (optional) Seth Lakeman is one of my favourite singers. Really happy to have just booked tickets to see him again on 29 Feb 2024 in London - yippee!  The White Hare is one of the great songs on the Freedom Fields album.

Hall of Fame Submission:

Dragon Name: Freedom Fields Album

Generation Number: 23

Proof/Lineage Link: Freedom Fields Album

My Lineage Has Grown!

Generation Number: 3

Proof/Lineage Link: Runaway C

Notes: Most of my CB whiptails have turned out female so far, so I should have a mate lined up for the next generation.

On 10/3/2023 at 6:49 AM, LadyMadonna said:

Lineage Link for Final Dragon: Freedom Fields Album

Final Generation Number: 23

Notes: (optional) Seth Lakeman is one of my favourite singers. Really happy to have just booked tickets to see him again on 29 Feb 2024 in London - yippee!  The White Hare is one of the great songs on the Freedom Fields album.

Hall of Fame Submission:

Dragon Name: Freedom Fields Album

Generation Number: 23

Proof/Lineage Link: Freedom Fields Album

Congrats on finishing the lineage! :D Hope you enjoy the concert next year!

I Am Starting a New Lineage!

Forum Name: Zonnedauw

Scroll Name: Zonnedauw

Generation Number Goal: 12

Current Generation: 4

Starting Dragons: hells songbird & velvet fortress

Lineage Group: - 

Dragons Used/Pattern: Spiral with tsunami wyverns and CB hellfire wyverns

Notes: First ever breeding project!

:( Second week in a row. Guess next week I will try a different partner.

Spoiler

image.png.0862f2e1f9cf4555d6e524b8e8006f7f.png