TJ09

2022-10-25 - Halloween Begins

How do you put so many dragons on the board? I can only put down 35 points worth, no matter what my score is the last game. I'm confused on how this is supposed to work.

6 hours ago, Mochi said:

Omg, please I need to know who made this:

Hide contents

15ycgvr.gif

Was not expecting to see Grim on DC, who else is playing twisted XD 

Such a lovely surprise haha

it's me! i sprited the lil troublemaker haha

17 minutes ago, saltywench said:

How do you put so many dragons on the board? I can only put down 35 points worth, no matter what my score is the last game. I'm confused on how this is supposed to work.

Everyone is playing with a maximum of 35 points. The goal is to strategize the best you can with those points and then sit back and see how well you planned/how long you last. Buy the less costly pieces and get more of them vs buying more powerful, but fewer pieces?

There is a thread here if you want more tips 

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

I like this one! :)Reminds me of the Haribo gummies.

It's a Scaribo gummy! 

...I'll show myself out 😅

43 minutes ago, saltywench said:

That means you played it the first year and maxed your point capacity already. Newbies start with just 10 points. Like Tawanda said, it's a strategy game where you see how far you can go with 35 points' worth of dragons.

3 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

I really like the little Plague doctor. 

How do you make them? I’ve wondered. 

I use GIMP (link) for pixel art because it supports transparency, binary tools/turning off anti-aliasing for precise pixel stuff, and zooming in reaaally close (and also because it's free).

Otherwise a lot of other art advice can be used when making pixel art, though when I want to make pixel art but don't know how to do something I will often look at older pixel art from games. Often less is more... In this case I was trying to mimic the style of some of Dragcave's dragons.

I both love and hate the event dragon time. We get fun games going on and new dragons coming. But there's SO many event dragons now, that's so incredibly hard to breed the ones I want to! There's just not enough time now to breed what you want because there's so many. I wish we could have a longer breeding period now with so many event dragons out... *sighs*

Edited by DragonNeko

Woo still got it xD I can't recall my previous best from the year the event actually ran for the first time, but this is probably pretty close. I had also forgotten that the GoN was a thing.

322.png

I'm on round 304 and going strong. The point is to have one Sophrosyne who will wipe all zombies out every now and then - and then fighting power like Magma, Ice, Thunder (they slow down the zombies and summon a Guardian every now and then for a few rounds) - AND back them up with healers like White and Purple.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, maudfs said:

I use GIMP (link) for pixel art because it supports transparency, binary tools/turning off anti-aliasing for precise pixel stuff, and zooming in reaaally close (and also because it's free).

Otherwise a lot of other art advice can be used when making pixel art, though when I want to make pixel art but don't know how to do something I will often look at older pixel art from games. Often less is more... In this case I was trying to mimic the style of some of Dragcave's dragons.

Thank you for sharing explaining! I’m teaching myself to draw, and there’s just so much to learn sometimes!

4 hours ago, Maru-chan said:

It's a Scaribo gummy! 

...I'll show myself out 😅

XD

I got treat 42 this morning. It's fun having extras! :)

1 hour ago, XDLugia said:

There were 3 new treats added from what I can tell, so the new total should be 44.

Yep!!  I like the bloody vampire mouth, lol. 

Also, whoooooa!  Collecting the old treats, and I've just traveled back in time to A YEAR WITH NO BANNER!  Was that the first set of treats ever? 

Also also, I'm enjoying this year's Halloween event SO much!  Thank you!  I'm absolutely overjoyed to get to play the tower game again -- it was one of my favorite event games ever.  I'm grateful that last year and this year, I could actually scoop up all those formerly missed treats.  I barely started my garden last year, so now I can finally grow it for real!  And I must have missed the hatchie dress-up year entirely.  It's so adorable!  I love them all!  My Marrow hatchie is currently dressed as the ghost of a ballet dancer, lol.  Plus! Hunting in the AP!  Catching CB Halloweens!  Breeding my nicest lineages!  Enjoying Halloween combos with new breeds from the past year!  Not to mention, we'll get a new Holiday dragon!  This is a fantastic Halloween!  We get to have it all!

12 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

My treat, and forever my king ⚔️

This is the best treat I've ever seen. I love King Vizzy T.

49 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

Yep!!  I like the bloody vampire mouth, lol. 

Also, whoooooa!  Collecting the old treats, and I've just traveled back in time to A YEAR WITH NO BANNER!  Was that the first set of treats ever? 

2010 was the first, but i think we skipped a year or two before it became permanent. But even then you've a ways to go. 94 that year. 😉

You can check my bucket if you want, im complete except for this years.

9 hours ago, ealbiest said:

Round 243 and still going!

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 8.39.29.png

I don't understand. You have a guardian of nature on the board, which means you have to have all three, right? A thunder, magma and ice? But you have 35 points of dragons on the board with no thunder, so how is that possible? You're at 243 with no loss of dragons at all plus one, that you shouldn't have been able to call. This is why I'm so confused.

Is there any way of closing corners on the farm with the metal fences?  The side ones steadfastly refuse to connect to the one along the front?

Farm-fence.jpg.254b0206c01602583804e72c50543cdc.jpg

Whoever made this treat which I'm pretty dead certain (heheh, get it?) is a Resident Evil reference, I thank you. This made me grin and I love it.

1pkbunk.png

Edited by Dragon Mage

My Halloween breeding has been quite chaotic - once again! I didn't take the time to plan it in advance, actually I didn't even breed mates for most of my last year's ween dragons. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to keep everything I wanted, anyway, I just tried some random pairings that I thought looked nice, and accidentally auto-abandoned the ones that I liked most. Then I got new, better ideas and realised I had already ran out of CBs for some breeds. Haha!

I hope whoever picks these things up will like my pairings! We already have so many beautiful breeds to choose from, every year this gets... trickier. 👻 🎃