TJ09

2022-10-25 - Halloween Begins

1 hour ago, saltywench said:

I don't understand. You have a guardian of nature on the board, which means you have to have all three, right? A thunder, magma and ice? But you have 35 points of dragons on the board with no thunder, so how is that possible? You're at 243 with no loss of dragons at all plus one, that you shouldn't have been able to call. This is why I'm so confused.

From what I know, the entire trio doesn’t need to be present in order to summon a Guardian of Nature onto your board, you just need to have at least one type (Ice/Magma/Thunder). And a GoN can spawn in regardless of how many points you had remaining once you began the game. I’ve had one appear on my board a few times despite using all 35 points beforehand and having no loss of dragons:

Spoiler

AD71CBF0-DC83-4D0E-9C88-335B7C912297.thumb.jpeg.d9122a730269dcaa33433f25c285f0a9.jpeg

2 hours ago, saltywench said:

I don't understand. You have a guardian of nature on the board, which means you have to have all three, right? A thunder, magma and ice? But you have 35 points of dragons on the board with no thunder, so how is that possible? You're at 243 with no loss of dragons at all plus one, that you shouldn't have been able to call. This is why I'm so confused.

Like Rhikasa said, it appears one does not need all three, just one kind will manage to summon a Guardian. I chose Ice because they stun and detain the zombies, and Magma because they burn them to hell. A GoN will appear as summoned and be there for a while, it wipes a lot of zombies away and then "leaves to retain the balance"... touch wood my combo appears incredibly efficient, it's now at 387 and going strong with no loss of dragons.

Edited by ealbiest

Happy Halloween everyone! Love this year's event throwback! I'm just frustrated by the fact that Iridachi eggs aren't showing up in the cave much and I couldn't catch a single one today. Unlike yesterday when I caught five.

2 hours ago, saltywench said:

Any one of the three can summon a GON. For this game you dont need all three. I have only magmas and see the gon a lot.

Happy Halloween!! I'm seriously loving all these treats so far, it's so hard to pick a favourite. Great work y'all!

2 hours ago, Dragon Mage said:

Whoever made this treat which I'm pretty dead certain (heheh, get it?) is a Resident Evil reference, I thank you. This made me grin and I love it.

Reveal hidden contents

1pkbunk.png

Oh hey, mine made it in! Yippee! Smuggling it out of the lab wasn't easy... so I'm very happy to hear that you like it. :D 

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

2010 was the first, but i think we skipped a year or two before it became permanent. But even then you've a ways to go. 94 that year. 😉

You can check my bucket if you want, im complete except for this years.

Oh my gosh!  I'm glad I started the event right away, in that case!  94?!!

On round 329 and no dragon loss at all so far.  A row of white dragons behind a row of magma is undefeatable, this setup will probably get me through till the event ends.

Update: Only got up to 496 lol, the defenses started cracking at around 470 something. Maybe adding in some greens would be better😆

Edited by AzureSea

Is anyone else having some issues with the 2021 Haunted Forest event? I normally use Opera browser and I get a error 500 message. The rest of the site is fine including the other two events, it's just this one that gives me issues. I just found out that it works if I use Firefox and Chrome, but it's a little weird that I have to change browsers for one minigame lol.

(Unrelated but I love the dress up event, all the costumes look adorable and the Wizard set is my favorite so far)

Man the treats look amazing 😍 I love the kitties, the chibi pox doctor, the... mosasaur baby???... the candy cake and the dino DNA!, and that wolf is beautifully rendered!

Edited by Maru-chan

Loving the treats! Also enjoying playing Rise of the Zombies again. (Not going to touch my garden, though. Got it just how I wanted it last year, but I'm glad it's open for those who didn't get a chance to do it previously)

18 hours ago, chariset said:

I just caught a new treat, so the updated ones must be dropping

Aww, who did the sweet little hognose?

vgxxio.png

17 hours ago, PiedPipecleaner said:

That would be me

She's my sweet little dum dum, so now everyone gets a sweet little dum dum :)

Omg omg snakie!!! I haven't gotten that one yet but it's so cuuute! (I can't have pet snakes but I love them so much)

I just got the two-kitties one and it's so cute. I always forget how CUTE some of these can be despite it being a Halloween theme.

17 hours ago, PiedPipecleaner said:

That would be me

She's my sweet little dum dum, so now everyone gets a sweet little dum dum :)

I logged in for the first time in years only to say this:

I was like, "Is that really a little hognose?! :D" when I saw it and felt like hitting some kind of jackpot 😁

Thank you for sharing your sweet little dum dum with all of us and tell her she's loved, even if (or especially when) she tries to eat her meals sideways ♥

31 minutes ago, Merlot said:

How many treats are we up too now?

44 so far, I believe, unless more have been added since last night?

Is it still possible to get the badge for Rise of the Zombies? I’ve reached level 50 but I still haven’t gotten the badge, despite getting the badges for the Haunted Harvest and Hatchling Dress-up games.

4 hours ago, Merlot said:

How many treats are we up too now?

And now I’m back to collecting previous years treats. 

6 hours ago, LigeiaMaloy said:

I logged in for the first time in years only to say this:

I was like, "Is that really a little hognose?! :D" when I saw it and felt like hitting some kind of jackpot 😁

Thank you for sharing your sweet little dum dum with all of us and tell her she's loved, even if (or especially when) she tries to eat her meals sideways ♥

I’m happy people like her! I’ll be sure to tell her she’s loved in between all the “ur a dum dum”s lol. Hognoses really do share a single brain cell between them. Eat sideway? Eat sideway.

I really forgot how long a single game can last with Rise of the Zombies. I feel like I built my defenses *too* good lol. Of course part of that is the wait between rounds, I wish the wait was a bit shorter.

Sorry if this was posted somewhere and I didn't see but do we not get the Rise of the Zombies badge if we missed the 2019 event? I got badges for both the dress-up game and garden one but not that one

1 hour ago, Corvith said:

Sorry if this was posted somewhere and I didn't see but do we not get the Rise of the Zombies badge if we missed the 2019 event? I got badges for both the dress-up game and garden one but not that one

Badges are only given out for things that persist after the event (the dressed up hatchling and your garden).

10 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Badges are only given out for things that persist after the event (the dressed up hatchling and your garden).

Clarification, you mean with old events that get brought back, a newer user won't get the badge unless it's one of the clickable badges? The wording is a bit unclear in your post because badges *were* given out for Rise of the Zombies the first time around.