TJ09

2022-10-25 - Halloween Begins

My treat this year was backroom reference. I always thought this place of local mall was quite L I M I N A L .

Spoiler

9986.jpg

I LOVE Rise of the Zombies 🤣 as an inveterate Plants vs Zombies player it's right up my alley! And how lovely to be able to fiddle with my pumpkin patch again!

MORPHEUS AND MATTHEW!!!!! 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

...that is all.  😛

Returning player here, is Haunted Harvest available to play to anyone who missed the event the first time? I can't open it. :(

14 minutes ago, quupee said:

Returning player here, is Haunted Harvest available to play to anyone who missed the event the first time? I can't open it. :(

It is!  I missed it, too -- was only just able to get a pumpkin before it ended.  Are you going via the event link, not the badge?

14 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Well, I already have my farm the way I like it, so I thought I'd try my hand going against the zombie horde...

image.png.d7dbcdb5c9b36b4f833ea51aa9c70fc1.png

I got pretty far, but the end is definitely near...

Congratulation! I

Survived only 89 rounds

9 minutes ago, Spexardragon said:

Congratulation! I

Survived only 89 rounds

Thanks, I managed to survive a few more round to 126, but I though it was funny just how full the board was. I think the only thing that would have been funnier is if the Sophrosyne came off of cooldown just in time to banish everything in one shot.

Edited by Myoukin

Just noticed that this treat from 2021 looks a lot like the Strigosto from Finaloutpost.net (The Final Outpost). Interesting??

Images for comparison!

ln.png.26b8429a5605cde2897bc278a1d2a560.png<< Strigosto

otyk5x.png.ca3911a9d427ccee3479aaf5e005c980.png << the treat

7 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

Thanks, I managed to survive a few more round to 126, but I though it was funny just how full the board was. I think the only thing that would have been funnier is if the Sophrosyne came off of cooldown just in time to banish everything in one shot.

pfft- didn't think of that-

6 hours ago, Stormpaws said:

Spoiler for a treat:

Reveal hidden contents

OMG, I got Morpheus from The Sandman 😍 xolqmm.png

That's definitely my favorite treat so far!

That's mine, glad it brings you joy! ^_^

And that's my favorite treat:

Spoiler

1lactyc.gif

King Viserys of House Targaryen. The first of his name. King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. Protector of the Realm. ⚔️❤️

Edited by yieldy

Thank you, @yieldy, and also whoever made this friend whose dance is so hypnotic, which has made my day:

Spoiler

17p927l.gif eeeee I love you, peacock spider friend!

3 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

My treat this year was backroom reference. I always thought this place of local mall was quite L I M I N A L .

Reveal hidden contents

9986.jpg

I really like the elevator, and the liminal space theme of it. But at first I thought it was a reference to The Shining and expected blood to pour out.

Ha, round 123 and I have 0 zombies left on the board! Next round they'll probably eat me for lunch 😆

3 hours ago, Shadowsearcher said:

Just noticed that this treat from 2021 looks a lot like the Strigosto from Finaloutpost.net (The Final Outpost). Interesting??

Images for comparison!

ln.png.26b8429a5605cde2897bc278a1d2a560.png<< Strigosto

otyk5x.png.ca3911a9d427ccee3479aaf5e005c980.png << the treat

pfft- didn't think of that-

Apparently they were drawn by the same artist!

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Apparently they were drawn by the same artist!

oh

i n t e r e s t i n g

hmmm

Well this was a good idea

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 3.19.09 PM.png

I'm so glad to learn it was a backrooms reference. I thought it was an elevator full of pee ala The Shining but worse. The backrooms makes much more sense. 

Oh hey! My treat got in! Nice! I had made it a while ago but kept forgetting to submit it lol

Spoiler

image.png.8ee0fb0f3d51244115a6451544d07d00.png

I'm still treat collecting, but so far my absolute favorite treats have been: 

*** TREAT SPOILERS TREAT SPOILERS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HIDE POSTS ON MY MOBILE PHONE ***

...Morpheus and Matthew <3, the little plague mask d00d with the lantern, the butterfly, the ghostly blue hand, the two little cats, the dancing spider, the gummy dragon!!!!!!, and the poor toy dragon with its stuffing ripped out. 

Was there a thread where people showed off pumpkin patches? I don't see one...

Was thinking of redoing mine and would love to see what others have done. 🎃

20 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Was there a thread where people showed off pumpkin patches? I don't see one...

Was thinking of redoing mine and would love to see what others have done. 🎃

Here it would be from last year ^^

Love this year’s banner! I haven’t managed to collect all the tricks and treats yet but they look wonderful. Well done to all the artists!

48 minutes ago, Code_NameUnknown said:

Love this year’s banner! I haven’t managed to collect all the tricks and treats yet but they look wonderful. Well done to all the artists!

The banner is beautiful!

The treats are really cute, too, (haven't decided on a favourite yet ;) ) but am I the only one who sees a bit too much motion when looking at the page?

43 minutes ago, Lagie said:

but am I the only one who sees a bit too much motion when looking at the page?

There does seem to be a lot more animation than in previous years. It is a bit off-putting if you try to look at the page too long.