TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

....why does this year's Holiday dragon sort under my Prizes? *is confused* i was expecting to see them under my Glystere from last year....

What a fun and amazing event! I love all the games, especially Snow Shuffle! Highscore over 3000 :D biggest snowball was 512
My thanks to everyone who made this possible! All you creators ❤️ Merry Christmas everyone!

Team Pharos, multiwings.

Thanks - I may be sending cocoa too soon then. 

4 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Problem is, seems it doesn't work right on mobile (yet). I can only fill a mug on the bottom row and lose instantly

When I used mobile, it would work very finickily for a minute then the poor green hooded guy doesnt respond to anything after :( 

Since moving to laptop, all games work ok, skiing one (and snowball shuffle) were the only properly functional game on mobile for me (snow wars doesnt load).

The skiing one is so hard, or I am super awful at it XD 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

I can't find the black bishops in the Snow Wars 2 store! My chess game can't "start"! XD

Now they're there. Either I needed a levelup or they've been patched in. Either way, thanks!

Edited by 0x08

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

....why does this year's Holiday dragon sort under my Prizes? *is confused* i was expecting to see them under my Glystere from last year....

Ooh, I wonder if this year the dragon will have a unique breed name in the encyclopedia instead of being "Holiday Dragon (2021)"

2 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Ooh, I wonder if this year the dragon will have a unique breed name in the encyclopedia instead of being "Holiday Dragon (2021)"

i was thinking that too.  after all these years. huh.

26 minutes ago, Corteo said:

Yay s2s!!  Now the long wait begins…

The long, long wait... I hope everyone enjoys our precious babies! :D   Cort and Infinis did an amazing job on the art, and I'm so glad people are enjoying the egg and hatchie descriptions I wrote! Looking forward to seeing y'all's reactions to the adult description as well. :D

Aww the hatchies are loverly, I really like them so far, carnt wait to see what the Adult has install for us as well, holiday releases are often some of my favourite especially Christmas ones :)

The winter magi sprite update has finally grown on me. I like them a lot more than I did at first! In all honesty, the name “blizzard wizard” is a little too jokey for my taste. In my heart they’re still called winter magi. 

7 hours ago, Infinis said:

omg did you play SkiFree too? because that was the FIRST thing i thought of when i tried it x'D my beloved skifree on win98 lol

That was the first thing I thought of too! SkiFree was the best, though apparently I've gotten real rusty over the years because this 'delivery race' isn't going so well for me. 

3 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

For Cocoa Rush, I'm seeing the cocoa skip over customers to go to the newest customer instead. It's frustrating, I've gotten at least two Game Overs from the game skipping over the customer I should be serving.

THIS is so annoying!! Why on earth does it work this way?? The cup sent down should always go to the person standing there longest, ie the closest one. It becomes outright impossible to get past a certain point in the game simply because of that. (And I don't know if everyone is getting this, but I get a small lag between pouring/sending a cup and being able to pour another, that makes it harder as well.)

Gingerbread dragons, eeeeee! The hatchies are pretty cute, and I love the egg and hatchie descriptions. So excited to see what the adults look like! 

highest score for cocoa rush is 5545 so far! No idea if that's high or not but I'm having a blast!

The NR hatchies looks super cool so far, very excited to see the adult sprites

The Cocoa Rush Game is giving me flashbacks to my customer service job! Especially the part at the end where everyone is rushing at me and I curl up and game over. Lol, kind of.

35 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

THIS is so annoying!! Why on earth does it work this way?? The cup sent down should always go to the person standing there longest, ie the closest one. It becomes outright impossible to get past a certain point in the game simply because of that. (And I don't know if everyone is getting this, but I get a small lag between pouring/sending a cup and being able to pour another, that makes it harder as well.

Its skipping customers and causing me too lose because there is no one behind them in that row on mine.

Would the mods be open to having multiple threads open this round? One for each game? There's a lot happening this time and it's hard to keep all the questions, info, tips, and responses organized.

36 minutes ago, Code_NameUnknown said:

highest score for cocoa rush is 5545 so far! No idea if that's high or not but I'm having a blast!

The NR hatchies looks super cool so far, very excited to see the adult sprites

I just got to 7250. 6000-7000 is the bottleneck for me every time, too many red sweater dudes stacked in each lane.

I just played Snowball shuffle and Cocoa Rush, submitted my scores, and checked back to see I did not earn any candy? How does one earn candy if it isn't by playing the games?

3 hours ago, trystan said:

*resorts dragons by breed* Huh, they do sort under the prizes. Had to scour my scroll to see if any of the other Holiday breeds were 'out of place' (answer - no).

I'm torn now. On the one hand, it would be cool if like the Valentine's and Halloween dragons that they get their own breed name. But on the other, it throws off the Holiday 20XX name trend we've had forever. Also it brings the question of if the other breeds then get updated to match.

6 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I have to tap in the exact middle of the top or bottom (where the trees are) to get the character to move and on the cocco to send a mug. Im on mobile 

Thank you! That was super helpful. It doesn’t always work for me as my taps sometimes don’t seem to register, but at least I’m not sending cocoa mugs flying aimlessly quite as often. 

5 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

*resorts dragons by breed* Huh, they do sort under the prizes. Had to scour my scroll to see if any of the other Holiday breeds were 'out of place' (answer - no).

I'm torn now. On the one hand, it would be cool if like the Valentine's and Halloween dragons that they get their own breed name. But on the other, it throws off the Holiday 20XX name trend we've had forever. Also it brings the question of if the other breeds then get updated to match.

Hmm. They give of a soft spicy scent, make you feel warm and well rested and sort under prizes. Thus starting with a P.

*Quickly googles part of the description.*

All I found was spicy perfumes. ((Which I wasn't aware of since I don't wear any due to my asthma.)) So we might be looking at some kind of perfume Christmas dragon here. 

WB

3 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Hmm. They give of a soft spicy scent, make you feel warm and well rested and sort under prizes. Thus starting with a P.

The codes are Gingr (Ginger) and Bread - lack a better way to describe it, Russian Gingerbread is known as 'Pryanik' - which does fall after Prize alphabetically

Not saying a gingerbread dragon is a bad thing, but if we're going Russian pastries, I would have preferred Zefir.

I kind of hope the sorting thing is just a bug, a lot of us have been asking for the older holiday dragons to get 'real' official names for years and imo it'd feel kinda crummy to have a brand-new holiday dragon get it's own official encyclopedia/sorting name while all the others (even the newer ones that are named in their descriptions) still sort as 'holiday xxxx'. 

I thought I was doing great with the mini-games but then I see some of the scores posted here and wow! I think my highest in the cocoa rush is somewhere in the 3ks and snowball shuffle isn't much higher.