TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Is there a way t move a fence once it is placed? I thought it is possible so I just dropped it wherever but now I cannot move it? Please help, thank you!

14 minutes ago, Joya said:

Is there a way t move a fence once it is placed? I thought it is possible so I just dropped it wherever but now I cannot move it? Please help, thank you!

You can use the pickax to remove it. You'll be out the coins though.

Edited by Dinala1641882

I do wish we had an undo button, even just for one action...especially on mobile it is extremely hard sometimes to click the right thing. I accidentally got rid of a tombstone that I wanted to keep instead of the rock right next to it. Placing seeds down also sometimes goes a bit awry. I suppose I'll stick to only doing things on my computer, but some people play exclusively on mobile, so. 

I collected all of this years treats, and am now collecting last year's ones, will it be possible to collect the ones from the years before that as well?

Can I just say how much I love that we all start from slightly different points? All the screenshots here, and the farms on my friends' scrolls are very different from mine.

14 minutes ago, Code_NameUnknown said:

I collected all of this years treats, and am now collecting last year's ones, will it be possible to collect the ones from the years before that as well?

Yes, you'll keep collection until you have collected all the treats that were ever released.

3 hours ago, Myoukin said:

You can remove rocks/tombstones with a pickaxe once you get to level ten; for tree stumps/logs, I'm guessing there's another item somewhere around level twenty that will get rid of them since the pickaxe and hoe don't seem to work on them.

edit: reddof beat me to it XD

Can now confirm you get an axe at or right around level 20. 

20211026_032954.jpg

3 hours ago, kzspot said:

I actually love my plot of land with the weeds and stuff (weeds can be flowers also, look at the blue ones!) so I don't think I'm going to plant anything.

@kzspot You don't get the badge if you don't harvest anything, so if you want to be able to look at the farm afterwards I'd suggest planting some parsnips in the gaps between the 'weeds', watering them and harvesting them until you get the badge. (I also really like my spooky garden and haven't weeded anything out, I've just been planting and harvesting in the empty spots, to get the badge and to see what decorations are available at higher levels. Acorn Squashes are annoying though, I can't figure out how big an area they want)

17 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

@kzspot You don't get the badge if you don't harvest anything, so if you want to be able to look at the farm afterwards I'd suggest planting some parsnips in the gaps between the 'weeds', watering them and harvesting them until you get the badge. (I also really like my spooky garden and haven't weeded anything out, I've just been planting and harvesting in the empty spots, to get the badge and to see what decorations are available at higher levels. Acorn Squashes are annoying though, I can't figure out how big an area they want)

If you want to harvest them for 7 coins, they'll need a space that is 4x2. If you want to harvest them for 14 coins they'll need a space 4x4.

Edited by Dinala1641882

42 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I do wish we had an undo button, even just for one action...especially on mobile it is extremely hard sometimes to click the right thing. I accidentally got rid of a tombstone that I wanted to keep instead of the rock right next to it. Placing seeds down also sometimes goes a bit awry. I suppose I'll stick to only doing things on my computer, but some people play exclusively on mobile, so. 

An undo button would be hugely helpful. Even just a way to move things after putting them down would help so much, it really sucks that you basically waste money if you decide you don't want a decoration or plant in a certain place because you just have to completely remove it instead of being able to move it.

1 minute ago, Dinala1641882 said:

If you want to harvest them for 7 coins, they'll need a space that is 4x2. If you want to harvest them for 14 coins they'll need a space 4x4

That's super helpful. Thank you.

Fwiw, there's a similar mechanic of some sort with pumpkins.

2 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

If you want to harvest them for 7 coins, they'll need a space that is 4x2. If you want to harvest them for 14 coins they'll need a space 4x4.

But in which directions from the original planting location? And how is it even possible to have a 4x4 space, if there are little pathways every two squares in one of the directions?

5 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

But in which directions from the original planting location? And how is it even possible to have a 4x4 space, if there are little pathways every two squares in one of the directions?

I think they counted the small squares, not the "actual" ones. By your count it would be 1x2 or 2x2 respectively. Also they adjust depending on the space available, so if you plant them in the "wrong" part of the 2x2 square they will just move over as needed.

The plants seem to move into the space they need as long as they have enough room.

Images for reference

4x4, 2x4, 4x2

image.png.7f3ac39cc2898e2de6c39b8add069e40.pngimage.png.e62f572de4dab48e3b7f53117c9be3d4.pngimage.png.29e16ebbc28736f0a08b6c8f1faa8786.png

Also being called 2x2, 1x2, 2x1

Edited by Dinala1641882

Does anyone know how much a fully harvested cabbage will bring?

A “small“ cabbage that is (first harvest) can be harvested for 8 coins. 

i’d love to know how much a large cabbage will bring.

Got up to 100 energy - yay!

Planted a couple of Squash, giving them plenty of space and some more parsnips. I'm now level 8.

*runs around in tiny circles*

There is so much I want to do but I don't have the energy 😧

25 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

Some are calling it 4 x 4 and others a 2 x 2. One plot of land contains one seed. It has lines within it though, which make it a little confusing. I’ve started calling it a 2 x 2, because it can hold 4 seeds. But it has four grid marks, which is why some people are calling it a 4 x 4. Confused yet? 😉

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

Some are calling it 4 x 4 and others a 2 x 2. One plot of land contains one seed. It has lines within it though, which make it a little confusing. I’ve started calling it a 2 x 2, because it can hold 4 seeds. But it has four grid marks, which is why some people are calling it a 4 x 4. Confused yet? 😉

21 minutes ago, Munin said:

I think they counted the small squares, not the "actual" ones. By your count it would be 1x2 or 2x2 respectively. Also they adjust depending on the space available, so if you plant them in the "wrong" part of the 2x2 square they will just move over as needed.

Actually this makes sense now. I hadn't noticed the little lines going through the seed-sized squares. One problem though, I already tried planting a parsnip in a spot where it had a 1x2 or 2x4 space, but it still said 'may need room to grow', sat there and refused to do anything.

I fully support the addition of an undo button! Even just one or two steps would improve the experience and avoid mini-heartbreaks.

But I came here again to say that I truly love this farming game! The spritework is beautiful. And thanks to everyone sharing details and tips, I can plan out a nice farm so I can get decorations later.

I think I'm only going to use the front rows. There are some little guys living in the stumps on the back rows. Wouldn't want to disturb them. ^_^

I have a possible solution to the confusion about the grid system, though I understand if it cannot be done... A small edit to the field sprite, to make the "minor" grids lighter in color, perhaps? I'm on mobile so I can't give an example right now.

Edited by 0x08

7 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

Actually this makes sense now. I hadn't noticed the little lines going through the seed-sized squares. One problem though, I already tried planting a parsnip in a spot where it had a 1x2 or 2x4 space, but it still said 'may need room to grow', sat there and refused to do anything.

It just says that even if it has enough room./

I think you mean acorn squash? They need a space like this image.png.29e16ebbc28736f0a08b6c8f1faa8786.pngfor a small harvest (7 coins) and a image.png.7f3ac39cc2898e2de6c39b8add069e40.png for a big harvest (14 coins)

Edited by Dinala1641882

6 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

Don’t worry, even if you plant in an area that says “may need room to grow,“ as long as you allocated enough space, it will grow there. The general consensus is having plants or rocks adjacent can cause these plants to take a little longer to grow. But they still grow.

6 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

I fully support the addition of an undo button! Even just one or two steps would improve the experience and avoid mini-heartbreaks.

But I came here again to say that I truly love this farming game! The spritework is beautiful. And thanks to everyone sharing details and tips, I can plan out a nice farm so I can get decorations later.

I think I'm only going to use the front rows. There are some little guys living in the stumps on the back rows. Wouldn't want to disturb them. ^_^

I would love an undo button. I got rid of some of my swampy portions and I wish I had them back. I’m also afraid of accidentally deleting something.

An undo button would come in handy when placing decorations when we spend those hard-earned coins. 💰🤩

Edited by missy_

Well I guess my garden is broken ... First there was that stuck one plant I could not water - that has been fixed, I watered it today. But other than that I can't do anything. My garden is totally clean of weed, has one pumpkin in it and only two seeds. Those say 'already watered, may need space to grow' since yesterday but do not grow - can I move them somewhere else??

Stuck at lv 5 I have no gold to buy more seeds, cus I probably cropped saplings (is that possible??) instead of weed at some point in the beginning when the garden was still a chaos.

My only chance is that one fixed plant that I might be able to harvest and sell o.O