TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

for some reason it's giving me a 504 error when i try to enter the event. tried both on my macbook and desktop and i'm getting the same thing. :^(

nvm it just worked now

Edited by jengatower

4 hours ago, spatio said:

Glad someone caught that ;D

Yep, the treat is a Vashta Nerada swarm in a suit!

Ooh, I look forward to getting that one!

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

CORN ? I haven't seen corn...

How many treats are there ? I only have 50, which seems low, but I haven't seen any more in ages...

I don't see corn either, at level 6.

50 treats.

7 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I really do like that row of regular eggs in the AP!

I do, too. Caught an incuhatchable CB Split last night that someone had tossed! But I also find it a little distracting when I am hunting the Halloween eggs.

12 minutes ago, Quinney said:
28 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

CORN ? I haven't seen corn...

How many treats are there ? I only have 50, which seems low, but I haven't seen any more in ages...

I don't see corn either, at level 6.

Huh.  I'm Level 9 and I hope it shows up at ten...

So it looks like I can look forward to corn and pumpkins in later levels? Cool!

I have to admit this is the first treat this year that literally made me exclaim out loud (basically I was like "woah what is that omg that's so cool!")

Spoiler

1oy9qy8.gif

Is there a limit to the number of a type of plant you can plant? I planted 10 parsnips and cannot plant anymore seeds, even though the ground is cleared and I have energy to use...?

Cleared weeds from the second row instead, but wishing I could plant more already.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

1 minute ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Is there a limit to the number of a type of plant you can plant? I planted 10 parsnips and cannot plant anymore seeds, even though the ground is cleared and I have energy to use...?

You have to have coins to buy seeds to plant, that doesn’t depend on your energy levels.

2 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

You have to have coins to buy seeds to plant, that doesn’t depend on your energy levels.

Ahh, thank you. Guess I need to harvest as soon as I can, then.

After making a vague attempt at documenting parsnips and squashes side by side:

Parsnips seem to take around 30-35 minutes per stage.

Squashes seem to take around 60-75 minutes per stage.

Inaccuracy is partly due to variation and partly because I wasn't completely regular about checking on them.

37 minutes ago, jengatower said:

for some reason it's giving me a 504 error when i try to enter the event. tried both on my macbook and desktop and i'm getting the same thing. :^(

nvm it just worked now

It still hasn't worked for me, I tried 12 hours ago and I tried now. 😔

Has anyone found a way to remove an item behind another item with the hoe?

I can click on it using the magnifying glass, but I cannot click on it using the hoe. I don’t want to take out the stump in front of it.

This is my first DC Halloween, so I wasn't sure how it would go. But I dutifully looked up the Halloween dragons on the Wiki, made a "cheat sheet" of all the dragons and their sayings, and then picked out my six favorites and made a separate list of those, with their sayings, so that I could easily find the ones I wanted.

Tonight I logged on to find the event had started. I went to the Halloween biome,  found eggs there, and read one I wanted. Clicking on it, I found someone had beat me to it. I read the next ones, clicked on one - but again, someone beat me to it! I refreshed, and SHOCK! All the eggs were gone.

Sighing, I turned to the other caves and wandered along those. I saw occasional eggs I might have wanted, except I needed to keep slots open for the Halloween eggs I'd chosen. Then I noticed the time, and hit the Halloween biome in time to see eggs sprinkled across the screen. Ah, there was one I wanted! I clicked it, but as before someone beat me to it.  Ditto on the next one I clicked. And then the biome was empty.

I decided I didn't like this anonymous "someone".

Fast forward an hour or so ... I'd collected up a number of treats, and was loving the farm game (especially once I stopped hovering over it, and gave it time to build up energy). But the Halloween eggs were a no-show for my scroll. Arrggghh!  Whew, I felt really frustrated.  I sat and thought about why I wasn't catching any eggs, and finally decided that reading the descriptions was a mistake.

So, when the clock ticked over to a 5, I opened the Halloween biome and started clicking wildly. My left hand was over the refresh button, my right hand was attacking the eggs! I didn't see which eggs I clicked on, just noticed if it said  "someone" had grabbed my egg, or showed that I'd actually connected with an egg.  By the time the biome ran out of eggs - counted in seconds, not minutes - I had two new Halloween eggs! Woohoo!!

And when I took a look at the eggs I'd gotten ... they were BOTH from my "favorites" list.  Double woohoo, and a BOO too!

Later on I pulled out two more, both from my fave list, and then was stuck until the eggs I had before the event hatched.  I had intended to have all six slots open going into Monday, but on Saturday I saw a Chicken egg in the caves for the first time. How could I resist? I had told myself that I could only grab gold or silver (I currently have neither), but I failed to realize the lure of that OH so tiny yellow egg!

This game is so much fun - and I have come across several incredibly kind, generous people here.  Thank you, TJ, for developing such a creative and enjoyable game - and thanks to all the others who also help to make this game what it is.  I'm lovin' it!!

Melanie

From the wilds of Alaska

I love the holiday events from DC. They make me feel more festive than anything. Thank you for the gorgeous sprites and all the hard work everyone's put in, just to give us a seasonal treat :) Truly one of the things I look forward to the most!

16 minutes ago, laevsk said:

This is my first DC Halloween, so I wasn't sure how it would go. But I dutifully looked up the Halloween dragons on the Wiki, made a "cheat sheet" of all the dragons and their sayings, and then picked out my six favorites and made a separate list of those, with their sayings, so that I could easily find the ones I wanted.

Tonight I logged on to find the event had started. I went to the Halloween biome,  found eggs there, and read one I wanted. Clicking on it, I found someone had beat me to it. I read the next ones, clicked on one - but again, someone beat me to it! I refreshed, and SHOCK! All the eggs were gone.

Sighing, I turned to the other caves and wandered along those. I saw occasional eggs I might have wanted, except I needed to keep slots open for the Halloween eggs I'd chosen. Then I noticed the time, and hit the Halloween biome in time to see eggs sprinkled across the screen. Ah, there was one I wanted! I clicked it, but as before someone beat me to it.  Ditto on the next one I clicked. And then the biome was empty.

I decided I didn't like this anonymous "someone".

Fast forward an hour or so ... I'd collected up a number of treats, and was loving the farm game (especially once I stopped hovering over it, and gave it time to build up energy). But the Halloween eggs were a no-show for my scroll. Arrggghh!  Whew, I felt really frustrated.  I sat and thought about why I wasn't catching any eggs, and finally decided that reading the descriptions was a mistake.

So, when the clock ticked over to a 5, I opened the Halloween biome and started clicking wildly. My left hand was over the refresh button, my right hand was attacking the eggs! I didn't see which eggs I clicked on, just noticed if it said  "someone" had grabbed my egg, or showed that I'd actually connected with an egg.  By the time the biome ran out of eggs - counted in seconds, not minutes - I had two new Halloween eggs! Woohoo!!

And when I took a look at the eggs I'd gotten ... they were BOTH from my "favorites" list.  Double woohoo, and a BOO too!

Later on I pulled out two more, both from my fave list, and then was stuck until the eggs I had before the event hatched.  I had intended to have all six slots open going into Monday, but on Saturday I saw a Chicken egg in the caves for the first time. How could I resist? I had told myself that I could only grab gold or silver (I currently have neither), but I failed to realize the lure of that OH so tiny yellow egg!

This game is so much fun - and I have come across several incredibly kind, generous people here.  Thank you, TJ, for developing such a creative and enjoyable game - and thanks to all the others who also help to make this game what it is.  I'm lovin' it!!

Melanie

From the wilds of Alaska

This was a delightful post to read! :D Thank you. My day needed something upbeat.

How much energy does it cost to harvest a crop?

I got 2 and cant even harvest my very first parsnip wtf

2 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

How much energy does it cost to harvest a crop?

I got 2 and cant even harvest my very first parsnip wtf

takes 3.

I just planted a pumpkin. No idea how to look after it (doesn't want watering) so I'm hoping I've not just wasted 10 coins. I'll be going to bed soon and I want it to be thriving when I get up tomorrow!