TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

@Su_Halcon sorry to hear about your garden. Make sure not to harvest your pumpkins my bad! You said pumpkins, not squash. until it says you will get 14 coins for them. I assume you have the one seed in a 2 x 2 plot. (Some players call it a 4 x 4). If so, that will give your pumpkins enough room to grow to their maximum, which will give you 14 coins. They will need watering several times. 

ETA: My mistake. You said pumpkins, not squash. Pumpkins give only 4 coins for their first opportunity to harvest if you have them planted in a 2 x 2 plot. Since you want to maximize your coins and you only can harvest them one time, do not harvest them when it says you can get 4 coins. Wait for the second time when they will give more coins. I do not know how many coins they give for the second opportunity to harvest them. I only know it will be more than four coins, or at least I’m pretty sure it will be.

Edited by missy_

My Acorn Squash is sitting all alone in it's row and it still says it needs more space. WHy????

Just now, Nalyua said:

My Acorn Squash is sitting all alone in it's row and it still says it needs more space. WHy????

Don’t worry, even if you plant in an area that says “may need room to grow,“ as long as you allocated enough space, it will grow there. The general consensus is having plants or rocks adjacent can cause these plants to take a little longer to grow. But they still grow.

Okay, whoever did this:

Spoiler

1iah604.png

You are awesome. I just spent a good 5 minutes geeking out over this one, especially considering my PFP which I literally changed about two days before the event started. 

I for one would be entirely content if the Haunted Harvest was the annually returning Halloween event from now on. This is so much fun!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can crops rot if you don't pick them? I'd just like to finish on six rows of vegetables.

20 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

@sh20000sh I haven't watched the series, but is this the one?=)

Acorn squash is available at lvl 4 for 3 coins.

Screenshot.png

I was JUST getting ready to say something about this. It was one of the games in Squid Game. :)

43 minutes ago, missy_ said:

@Su_Halcon sorry to hear about your garden. Make sure not to harvest your pumpkins my bad! You said pumpkins, not squash. until it says you will get 14 coins for them. I assume you have the one seed in a 2 x 2 plot. (Some players call it a 4 x 4). If so, that will give your pumpkins enough room to grow to their maximum, which will give you 14 coins. They will need watering several times. 

ETA: My mistake. You said pumpkins, not squash. Pumpkins give only 4 coins for their first opportunity to harvest if you have them planted in a 2 x 2 plot. Since you want to maximize your coins and you only can harvest them one time, do not harvest them when it says you can get 4 coins. Wait for the second time when they will give more coins. I do not know how many coins they give for the second opportunity to harvest them. I only know it will be more than four coins, or at least I’m pretty sure it will be.

hm my pumpkin does nothing at all (that one with an orange and a white pumpkin in it), I thought they were just deco? And I guess my seeds that need more room are probably acorns, but with not being able to move them they won't grow any further.

Perhaps it would be a nice idea to have us turn energy into coins or seeds, so stuck ones like me could have a chance to do something.

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

I have a possible solution to the confusion about the grid system, though I understand if it cannot be done... A small edit to the field sprite, to make the "minor" grids lighter in color, perhaps? I'm on mobile so I can't give an example right now.

On computer now, I can actually show what I mean:

Spoiler

The grid as it currently looks. --> The grid, with a slightly discolored "minor grid". The grid, with a very discolored "minor" grid.

It doesn't look that good but it's an acceptable demonstration, I think. :unsure:

Edited by 0x08
added a "halfway" image for a less harsh effect

15 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

hm my pumpkin does nothing at all (that one with an orange and a white pumpkin in it), I thought they were just deco? And I guess my seeds that need more room are probably acorns, but with not being able to move them they won't grow any further.

Perhaps it would be a nice idea to have us turn energy into coins or seeds, so stuck ones like me could have a chance to do something.

if you purchased the pumpkin that is a decoration, you’re right; it won’t produce any harvest for you. There are pumpkin seeds to purchase that would have.

Your acorn squash need a 2 x 2 plot each to get the most harvest out of them (14 coins). Since you indicated your land was mostly bare, I assumed that you planted them with plenty of room to grow. But if unfortunately they are on the edge and somewhere where they cannot spread out, I don’t know how much you will get from them when they are finally ripe. Keep watering them and maybe you will get lucky.

How long does the squash take to get to 14 coins from planting please?

I've made it to level 22, have squash, parsnips, corn, cabbage and pumpkins planted. 

Added a black kitten earlier, and just now stuck a raven in too. Tried to put him on top of the tallest stump, but he refused to land there. Maybe he's afraid of heights?

I've just been checking the farm between dragon chores, reading on my kindle, and occasionally watching TV. That way I'm not waiting for energy to charge, and I don't get frustrated. What I AM waiting on is the hatching of that sneaky little chicken who crept onto my scroll right before the Halloween event started! Luckily, with the help of some wonderful players here, I managed to stock up on a small herd (flock? murder?) of Red dragons, so I incubated the tiny yellow egg. I love the BSAs!

I also love that the treats keep coming after this year's are all found, since I don't have the ones from previous years.  I'm about 20 into last year's now. So fun!

Good luck on the farming, everyone! I'm continuing to grow a pumpkin to see if it actually does grow bigger. I'll let you know ...

Melanie

1 minute ago, Moltres said:

Hey uh, how do I get rid of rocks, tombstones, fallen logs and the like?

Level up. 10 gets a pickaxe for rocks. 20 gets an ax for stumps.

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Level up. 10 gets a pickaxe for rocks. 20 gets an ax for stumps.

Oh! Thank you!

So my pumpkins just got to the large size and I can harvest them for 8 coins. Acorn Squash are a better deal and take less time to grow. Think I'll stick with them.

4 hours ago, Munin said:

Someone posted this list in the ToT submissions thread:
Treat Count
2010 - 94
2011 - skipped
2012 - 59
2013 - 45
2014 - 43
2015 - 62
2016 - 54
2017 - 50
2018 - 49
2019 - 58
2020 - 50
2021 - 50

Finished my 50 from this year, now just need the 304 from 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Got 6 of them so far.:D

13 minutes ago, Dinala1641882 said:

So my pumpkins just got to the large size and I can harvest them for 8 coins. Acorn Squash are a better deal and take less time to grow. Think I'll stick with them.

I was hoping they'd keep growing. I planted one by itself with lots of open space around it, offered to water it frequently (it didn't want watered again once the pumpkins were harvestable), but they only got to the 8 coins size and stopped. I was hoping for a giant pumpkin or cabbage like we grow up here (almost 24 hour daylight much of the summer). Oh well, it was worth a try!

Melanie

1 minute ago, dragongrrl said:

Finished my 50 from this year, now just need the 304 from 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Got 6 of them so far.:D

That many, hmmm? Well, so far I have the 50 new ones and 28 of the older ones. If they continue throughout the week like this, I think we can do it! It's just going to take a LOT of persistent checking.

Melanie

....searching for the eye drops, making sure they're next to the computer ...*LOL*

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

if you purchased the pumpkin that is a decoration, you’re right; it won’t produce any harvest for you. There are pumpkin seeds to purchase that would have.

Your acorn squash need a 2 x 2 plot each to get the most harvest out of them (14 coins). Since you indicated your land was mostly bare, I assumed that you planted them with plenty of room to grow. But if unfortunately they are on the edge and somewhere where they cannot spread out, I don’t know how much you will get from them when they are finally ripe. Keep watering them and maybe you will get lucky.

ah so there are also growing pumpkins, ok xD

Nah I planted them between rocks and stumps not knowing they need that place. Can't water them anymore and they do not grow.

I was now able to sell my former-bugged plant for 2 coins and bought 2 plants, planted them VERY carefully and hopefully they get me back in the game xD

cleangarden.png.0d49ed3f3e275aad7ea451be021cfd2b.png

and finally got the cutieeeee dc-sweetie.png.8dac198573d766d5e91252eeea1ce7f8.png ❤️ ❤️

Are Pitfires even dropping?

I can't seem to even see any in the cave. 😕

3 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

Yeah they are, they are just really hard to grab they go so quick.

4 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

Yeah I saw them multiple times, but it's impossible for me to catch them, they disappear so quickly !

Do pitfires have a lower drop rate than the others? I haven't seen a single one yet.

I had two logs with glowing eyes and now they're gone. I'm only at level 8 and I don't have the axe, so I don't know how they could be missing. 😭

Alright so I hit level 25 and: 

Spoiler
  1. FWIW, fairly sure you only get XP from harvesting crops - which I don't know that I've seen said.
  2. Glow Mushrooms and Cabbage also seem to have a wait and harvest when they're bigger dynamic, like pumpkins and squash.  
  3. At level 25 (I think - I was at 26 when I noticed), you can get carnivorous plant seeds from the shop.  5 coins.