TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

So glad things seem to be picking up after level 10. I'm at 8 and hopefully will jump up a bit when I get the energy to harvest my stuff!

1 minute ago, calona said:

Well, maybe because I'm from Europe and I started planting this morning, and it's 9PM for me now. 😅

Also, the first batch of parsnip is enough to gain another type of seed, and this new type gave me lots of levels, so it's not so long ! 😊

Ah, I'm in NZ and have been asleep most of the night and thus haven't been watering them

27 minutes ago, Queenofdragons6 said:

(Dang, wish I'd gotten here earlier.) Anyone figure out how often the treats appear?

Also, wasn't there a place we could go to see which of the Halloween dragons we have or haven't gotten or was that just for Valentine's Day?

I think that's only for Valentine's and Christmas dragons where you're only allowed to have two caveborns, though the breed limit section only has GoN and Leetle Tree listed, so maybe the limits for them are gone?

3 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

I think that's only for Valentine's and Christmas dragons where you're only allowed to have two caveborns, though the breed limit section only has GoN and Leetle Tree listed, so maybe the limits for them are gone?

Not what I was thinking of, but good to have.

I just got to level 5, and more things to buy.  Not doing anything else until all the rest of my parsley is harvested.  Fed up of running out of energy.

39 minutes ago, calona said:

OH ! I think there is a ray of hope for the energy ! 🥰

I'm at level 11 now, and I just saw my energy switching from 10 to 12.

So, I'm waiting 5 minutes to confirm, and now my energy is at 14, so I assume that arriving to level 11 (or 10, I wasn't paying attention, sorry !) doubles the energy received every five minute ?

Ooooh, that's great news! Thanks for keeping us updated! :D

10 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

Ooooh, that's great news! Thanks for keeping us updated! :D

I'm very happy to help ! 😊 

Now I think I will prepare to sleep, so I'll count on other time zones to discover things, and I hope to read you all in the morning ! 🥰

Edit : yay, confirmation, I'm reassured !

Edited by calona

I put a fence down at the wrong place and would love to remove (or just move) it. Is there any way to edit the decorations we put in our pumpkin patch? 🤔

1 minute ago, spookyfox99 said:

I put a fence down at the wrong place and would love to remove (or just move) it. Is there any way to edit the decorations we put in our pumpkin patch? 🤔

The pickaxe (unlocked later, level 10 I think but I don't remember well) says "Remove rocks and decorations" 😊

But I don't know if you lose the coins then ... I don't have coins or decorations to test it. 😓

22 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

If my memory serves correctly, there indeed was once a hard limit of 2 on caveborn Christmas and Valentines dragons, meaning that if you wanted more you had to get bred ones. Haven't grabbed event eggs in a while so I've mostly forgotten but I believe the way it works now is that it simply prevents you from getting more than 2 caveborns of the newly released breed, but lets you get more later on in the event biome. Please do correct me if I'm wrong haha, pretty sure it was like this but I can't seem to remember quite clearly.

It's interesting to see the progression in the game, last night before bed I recorded (here in the thread) that harvesting a crop must take at least 6 energy because I was at 5 energy and it wasn't allowing me to harvest crops that said they were ready to harvest. But now it seems harvesting is only taking 3 energy? I wonder if that's a "higher level" thing or if it was actually changed or if it was a bug in the beginning.

It's good to know we'll get a pickaxe to get rid of some of those rocks, I've strategically cleared what weeds I wanted to clear (leaving some because they are pretty!) but the boulders are the things really getting in the way. I'm currently at level 5 so I guess I'll just be patient there.

I'm loving the treats this year (as always!), I love how many different things we get each year and how we can see different spriter-skills at work. My very favorite so far is

Spoiler

1nz6hwm.png   this adorable Nessie!!!!

@Eggy0 No, Christmas and V-day dragons are still limited to 2 CBs ever, but you can get as many bred as you want. Halloween has always been limitless for CBs (at least as long as I can remember.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

@HeatherMarie Oh huh they are? I could've sworn that was removed at some point and that it would let you get more through the Christmas and Valentines biomes... Guess all that really happened was removal from the "breed limits" page. My memory is terrible indeed >->

2 minutes ago, Eggy0 said:

@HeatherMarie Oh huh they are? I could've sworn that was removed at some point and that it would let you get more through the Christmas and Valentines biomes... Guess all that really happened was removal from the "breed limits" page. My memory is terrible indeed >->

They actually do show up on the 'breed limits' page but only during the holiday. And maybe you were remembering the many, many different Suggestion threads asking for an increase in CB holiday limits, lol.

Edited by HeatherMarie

17 minutes ago, calona said:

The pickaxe (unlocked later, level 10 I think but I don't remember well) says "Remove rocks and decorations" 😊

But I don't know if you lose the coins then ... I don't have coins or decorations to test it. 😓

Thank you!!! It worked! 🥰 I did lose the coins when I removed the fence but that's ok. Now I know to be more careful when decorating. 🤗

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

They actually do show up on the 'breed limits' page but only during the holiday. And maybe you were remembering the many, many different Suggestion threads asking for an increase in CB holiday limits, lol.

Huh, weird. No wonder I got so confused lol. I really thought that was gone, as in permanently gone and only applied to like the new breed every year. Just goes to show how much I actually pay attention xD I feel super silly now not gonna lie.

Anyhow forgot to say that I... kind of really like the gardening game so far? It's pretty simple and in fact I like how I'm finding myself forgetting about it for a while since I've been reading how it's slow, so I suppose that kind of benefits me in the sense that I don't worry about it too much lol.

1 hour ago, Queenofdragons6 said:

(Dang, wish I'd gotten here earlier.) Anyone figure out how often the treats appear?

Every 10-15 minutes - as long as you pick them up. If you don't they sit till you do.

Happy Halloween season! It seems I already collected all the treats, which is a bit worrying... I think this could be my record time. No wonder I didn't really get anything done today, whoops. I love them, though. And this year's divider looks fantastic! 👻

Does anyone know if it is more cost effective to plant corn or pumpkins? Just hit level 11 and am curious before I replant my crops.

Is there a thread where people post pics of their gardens? You know how some people did for their Christmas and Valentine event projects?

16 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Does anyone know if it is more cost effective to plant corn or pumpkins? Just hit level 11 and am curious before I replant my crops.

CORN ? I haven't seen corn...

How many treats are there ? I only have 50, which seems low, but I haven't seen any more in ages...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

CORN ? I haven't see corn...

Hmmm... I took a chance on the Pumpkin seeds since I got impatient. Here is my seed options at lvl 11:

Screenshot_20211025-165353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d37076ba027543a2adb4e71c2132d0b9.jpg

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

CORN ? I haven't seen corn...

How many treats are there ? I only have 50, which seems low, but I haven't seen any more in ages...

50 is all, unless we're getting more released on a later day of the event.