TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

20 minutes ago, Crowsfold_1400105 said:

Did the large fallen logs get removed from the event? I had a bunch that were being saved for decor and they all poofed on their own. 

5 hours ago, Munin said:

They were bugged and took up two spaces while being coded as taking up only one, leading to overlaps that interfered with crops. To remedy that they were removed.

2 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

If you mean by the limit you can have on your scroll at one time, then yes. But there’s no limit to the total number of caveborn Halloweens you can collect in total, unlike the Christmas and Valentine eggs.

It was this one, actually!

Shoot, I goofed and grabbed two of the same egg, however I managed to successfully bite one of the eggs and it turned into a caveborn Vampire... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love this little farming event. It's so cute to grow and tend to your plot, and very seasonal too. Energy continues to accumulate which means you don't need to be on at all times to use it.

Sorry, was somebody see that the fences being over other objects? I wanted to do the grave, but...

Spoiler

bug.jpg.5111b32443e75219abfad28931052406.jpg

I officialy love this event ! I' m into gardening IRL and the only problem I see is that it will last only 8 days.... Phlease make it last longer ❤️

Okay, honestly this game is really growing on me. (...Pun totally not intended, lol) I was annoyed with the long wait times between regaining energy as well as waiting for crops to get to the next stage, but if I just leave it alone for a bit it's much more fun. And that screenshot someone posted of the glowshrooms, wow! I immediately planted some when I saw that, they look awesome! I really want to have a nice full garden by the end but I guess I need to wait until the last day to really do that, I had a few pumpkins I wanted to just keep and not harvest but I need that space/levels/coins, lol. I haven't bought any decorations yet, waiting to get higher level and figure out exactly what stumps I want to keep (when I get the ability to remove them). 

31 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Fun fact: It will ALWAYS warn you that you "may need space to grow", even if you are already giving that plant enough space.

oh i didnt know that, vry cool!...or not actually

how much will corn grow? or will it stop at 3 coins if sold :o

I'm really enjoying the game but I think I planted the acorn squash too close together. XD Just like rl gardening, try it see what works, learn from what doesn't and grow on! 💖

8 minutes ago, Pasifeon said:

oh i didnt know that, vry cool!...or not actually

how much will corn grow? or will it stop at 3 coins if sold :o

Corn will grow a 2nd time and be able to be harvested for 4 coins. 

See link for unofficial wiki with chart for seed prices and crop sale prices. :) It also tells you approx how much space each crop requires.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Seeds

Edited by BringsTheSnow

You'd think that after being here for 11 years I'd go straight to the currently being released page to try and make my life easier. Nah. If only I'd known a lot of that sooner...!

How much space does an acorn squash need to grow? Mine haven't grown at all and it's been hours.

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

It's on a timer. A random treat will appear every 5-10 minutes. It will remain active until you click it.

Thank you for elaborating! ^.=.^

17 minutes ago, Kovia said:

How much space does an acorn squash need to grow? Mine haven't grown at all and it's been hours.

They need 2x1 (4x2 little squares) in any direction for a small harvest and 2x2 (4x4 little squares) for a big harvest.

Edited by 0x08

I'm enjoying my tiny group of plants, but would love it if the event could be extended past the first.

*puppy dogs eyes at TJ* Please?

6 minutes ago, Hanelli said:

what does the halloween 2021 award look like? I don't seem to have it yet?

Like this:

2021 Halloween Event

You need to reach level 2 or so.

Does anyone know how much grid space the 'kitten' and 'scaredy cat' decor take up? Asking this because i need to make sure i make enough money to fill my garden with just these.😳

1 minute ago, 0x08 said:

Like this:

2021 Halloween Event

You need to reach level 2 or so.

Oh no. Does anyone have an exp table and the current highest level available yet?

12 minutes ago, Tiger33621 said:

Does anyone know how much grid space the 'kitten' and 'scaredy cat' decor take up?

Kitten takes up minimum space -- 1x1.

I haven't got a scaredy cat yet, but I suspect it is the same.

I didn't see this anywhere, but it looks like the Carnivorous Plant at it's final stage takes up 4 squares (2x2 space) and can be harvested for 15 coins.

Spoiler

image.png.c42cd261a2f388efa3cdbbe6250d25f4.png

1 hour ago, Quinney said:

You'd think that after being here for 11 years I'd go straight to the currently being released page to try and make my life easier. Nah. If only I'd known a lot of that sooner...!

lol Yeah, I always forget to check that too. Though to be fair new-release/event News threads often have the information posted hours before it's added to the currently released, so as long as I follow the thread carefully that's usually good enough.

17 minutes ago, Tiger33621 said:

Does anyone know how much grid space the 'kitten' and 'scaredy cat' decor take up? Asking this because i need to make sure i make enough money to fill my garden with just these.😳

I'm not sure about the grid space, but omg that will look so awesome!! I did that the first time we had 'Snow Wars', my final 'fort' was one dragon surrounded by dozens of snow-cats. 

I feel so dumb... This is the second time I destroyed my harvestable stuff because I picked the wrong tool...

Wish we would be asked for some kind of confirmation for destroying harvestables, I lost easily 100 coins right there. 

Edited by Julia-Dragonfire

33 minutes ago, Hanelli said:

Oh no. Does anyone have an exp table and the current highest level available yet?

Unsure about exp table or max level, but reaching level 2 is quite easy. Plant some parsnips, water them when prompted, then harvest with the sickle. That's how you get exp. :)

In other news, acorn squashes are the real MVPs... I just got so much coin from six large harvests. :D

... And I promptly wasted it because I messed up planting. Nice!

Edited by 0x08