TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

12 hours ago, Moondragon55 said:

so happy to see my little guy got in!
image.png.d962e31ee92962ccfaf1221a1231ef84.png

This is my favorite treat so far! 

34 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

It takes multiple waterings to raise a single plant and then costs even more energy to harvest, making it frustrating to try to balance planting more crops while clearing out the rest of the field. I thought that leveling up might give more energy per 5-minute tick, but it sounds like that's not the case. I also can't seem to remove rocks, so unless there's another tool for that that unlocks at a higher level, my garden is never going to be "perfect" since it'll have random rocks (and tombstones) scattered throughout.

For now, I'm going to leave it alone until tomorrow in hopes that the bug(?) of removing rocks and the issue of slow energy build-up are addressed.

I suspect leveling may unlock the ability to clear more things, and it's early yet. It appears that you can build up more energy in total as you level - it may be that and not the rate of recovery that increases. 

Any which way, it's neat to be trying to figure out strategy on the fly, which I suspect is a lot of the fun.

9 minutes ago, TCA said:

Lol I got a treat that's literally just Spamton.

Quality treat, what could be better than B I G  S H O T?

Huh, I didn't notice until now, but it looks like we all have different starting plots - the weeds, stones, graves and stubs seem to be randomly generated over each player's plot.

Surely we'll be able to move them later on once we've built enough muscle leveled up enough, otherwise the decorating part is going to be somewhat limited due to no choice of the player.

Edited by Ripan

not sure what I am doing wrong ... have 55 energy credits  but 0 on the others

unable to plant anything but can view what is there  .....   and  ...  no badge

can someone help, please ??

46 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

It takes multiple waterings to raise a single plant and then costs even more energy to harvest, making it frustrating to try to balance planting more crops while clearing out the rest of the field. I thought that leveling up might give more energy per 5-minute tick, but it sounds like that's not the case. I also can't seem to remove rocks, so unless there's another tool for that that unlocks at a higher level, my garden is never going to be "perfect" since it'll have random rocks (and tombstones) scattered throughout.

Why clean out the whole field ? I'm not bothering.... Biodiversity rules.

43 minutes ago, animetriplicate said:

My tiny map made it in!

Hide contents

image.png.9c21089101b457fc38a8b797257da39a.png

Oops I thought hat was a cookie.... :lol:

Oh, I unlocked the pickaxe for rocks ! I'm at level 10, but maybe it was before that, I harvested too quickly !

Still waiting for my parsnips to grow up. How many hours does that take? Do all plants need the same time to grow?

I really like the spooky farm, but I wish there was more "action"...

Just now, walkinslow said:

Still waiting for my parsnips to grow up. How many hours does that take? Do all plants need the same time to grow?

I really like the spooky farm, but I wish there was more "action"...

Make sure to water the plants or they won't grow. Select the watering can or the magnifying glass at the top to check if your plants need watering.

1 minute ago, 0x08 said:

Make sure to water the plants or they won't grow. Select the watering can or the magnifying glass at the top to check if your plants need watering.

Thanks, they are fully watered all the time. Do you know how long a crop takes?

Why do the parsnips say harvestable for two but actually take away three?

1 minute ago, Tawanda001 said:

Why do the parsnips say harvestable for two but actually take away three?

The 2 is the gold received.  I believe harvesting always costs 3 energy, regardless of what you're harvesting.

3 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

Thanks, they are fully watered all the time. Do you know how long a crop takes?

Unfortunately I don't... I just passively check every now and then. Sorry I can't give a precise answer! :unsure:

Edited by 0x08

1 minute ago, Ponystar17 said:

The 2 is the gold received.  I believe harvesting always costs 3 energy, regardless of what you're harvesting.

Haha, I totally missed that. Blaming it on the fact I've been awake all night, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why clean out the whole field ? I'm not bothering.... Biodiversity rules.

Oops I thought hat was a cookie.... :lol:

Ahaha map cookie would be hilarious but no it just just a map. A map by some very confused pirates, clearly. 

Is anyone else having trouble entering the event? the site keeps crashing for me whenever i try...

4 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Unfortunately I don't... I just passively check every now and then. Sorry I can't give a precise answer! :unsure:

That's fine, thank you. I guess I need more patience, lol.

No badge yet, maybe after the first successful harvest

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the treats. :)

Harder to say on the squash, but the discord was seeing about 30 min between parsnip stages last night, with the fifth stage being the last one

I've had some odd behaviour with the parsnips - I planted mine at the start of the event, watered them, and went to sleep.  When I woke up, they'd progressed one stage - I watered them again, and they went to the next stage almost immediately (less than five minutes).  30 minutes seems like a reasonable estimate for how long they normally take, though.