TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

I cleared out the first row and planted some parsnips first. There doesn't seem to be an energy cap but it sure takes a long time to recharge.

Well, I think I just "died" in the game. I screwed up completely. I thought I was watering my plants and I hoed them all out of existence before I realized what I'd done wrong... and I have no coins to replace them with. So I guess it's game-over for me. 😭

super cute event, i'm glad i finally caught one!

i may have screwed myself over though, as i clicked on some growing parsnips instead of harvesting them and now i have no coins so i can't plant more lol

edit: whoops, spoke too soon, somehow i got a couple of coins

Edited by saiun

7 minutes ago, MissK. said:

You started with 25?? I had 10, and I thought that was the max. 

I'm so confused about this event, people seem to be saying all sorts of different things about the energy, and I still don't know if it's possible to get rid of rocks, stumps etc. 

Doesn't seem to be possible to remove rocks/stumps/etc, at least not with the hoe and not up to level 4 (currently what I'm on). Maybe at higher levels, or maybe we'll be able to buy something to remove them later? 

Energy does seem to replenish at 1 point per 5 minutes, I had a tad over 70 built up by the time I woke up this morning (after going to bed with my energy at 1). 

6 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

I cleared out the first row and planted some parsnips first. There doesn't seem to be an energy cap but it sure takes a long time to recharge.

I was hoping that once we got up in levels, the energy recharge would give more for every five minutes, but I'm still only getting one point per recharge at level six... at least it gives me time to do events on other sites?

2 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Well, I think I just "died" in the game. I screwed up completely. I thought I was watering my plants and I hoed them all out of existence before I realized what I'd done wrong... and I have no coins to replace them with. So I guess it's game-over for me. 😭

That's really bad, I wonder if there's anything that can be done about that, like another way to earn coins. Maybe going to other people's gardens and weeding to earn coins, or maybe an undo button so you can backtrack on the past 5-10 actions.

9 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

That's really bad, I wonder if there's anything that can be done about that, like another way to earn coins. Maybe going to other people's gardens and weeding to earn coins, or maybe an undo button so you can backtrack on the past 5-10 actions.

Three coins miraculously appeared in my "account," so I have three little parsnips growing now and I am NEVER touching the hoe again.

I started with 10 energy, but when I woke up today I had 100. Took out every weed in the field. So it definitely goes higher than 10, but I still think the recharge is too slow. I have stuff that needs tending, I want to do it now while I have time, but I can't because of the energy meter. Frustrating.

All my Acorn Squash say "May need space to grow.", what does that mean? Do I have to dig some out? o_O Very frustrating if so, how were we supposed to know?!

3 minutes ago, Razalin said:

All my Acorn Squash say "May need space to grow.", what does that mean? Do I have to dig some out? o_O Very frustrating if so, how were we supposed to know?!

The outermost ones should be able to grow, so while you'll need to wait they should eventually all grow.

It is really bad that they don't show that they need that space upfront, though. 😕

Edited by Guillotine

2 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

The outermost ones should be able to grow, so while you'll need to wait they should eventually all grow.

It is really bad that they don't show that they need that space upfront, though. 😕

Thank you! ♥

Yeah, it's a little unfortunate, but I didn't even think about letting the outmost ones grow and then continue on with the rest. You saved me from rooting half of them up! :D

12 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

How do we know when the crops are ready to harvest?

The inspect tool can tell you, or if you select the harvest tool any harvestable plants should be brighter while non-harvestable ones are grayed.

12 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

How do we know when the crops are ready to harvest?

You can hover the magnifying glass over your crops, and it will tell you if they need watering or are ready to harvest. The parsnips have little parsnips at their base when they’re ready.

There were a few visual quirks with the game, but they seem to be gone now! Excellent work. :)

Hurray for ToT's return, I already found several made by friends, and I'm glad they got in!

The artwork for the game is lovely as usual. However, I have some issues with the gameplay itself.

It takes multiple waterings to raise a single plant and then costs even more energy to harvest, making it frustrating to try to balance planting more crops while clearing out the rest of the field. I thought that leveling up might give more energy per 5-minute tick, but it sounds like that's not the case. I also can't seem to remove rocks, so unless there's another tool for that that unlocks at a higher level, my garden is never going to be "perfect" since it'll have random rocks (and tombstones) scattered throughout.

For now, I'm going to leave it alone until tomorrow in hopes that the bug(?) of removing rocks and the issue of slow energy build-up are addressed.

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

That's what I thought too. "Hey, who turned out the lights?"

Glad someone caught that ;D

Yep, the treat is a Vashta Nerada swarm in a suit!

Wow that Skulltula treat sure is a blast from the past - great job on that one, whoever made it, so much distinguishing detail into such a tiny sprite!

Lol I got a treat that's literally just Spamton.

Level 6 so far - this stamina regaining pattern is like in FE Heroes - one point every five minutes. Somehow in FE Heroes is seems like  less wait. =D I hope we all get the shiny new badge soon=3