kzspot

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink ie: Pink Sapphires

Sent 12 pink sapphires to the AP today (and 9 blue sapphires as well). 

Thanks @purplehaze and @trystan for your feedback on my question! I will probably switch back and forth between breeding PBs and breeding with holiday mates. 

Mine were a mix of PB and mixed -- no holidays, just other breeds that I like them with -- mostly Aeons and red Firegems. I only bred 2Gs this time. My purebred pairs had a couple of breeding fails and my mixed pairs gave me a few of the wrong egg, but generally breeding was pretty good today. I got more Sapphires than usual in spite of all that.

58 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Thanks @purplehaze and @trystan for your feedback on my question! I will probably switch back and forth between breeding PBs and breeding with holiday mates. 

you're quite welcome!

Sent 10 pink sapphire, 2 blue sapphire, 6 celestial and 1 nocturne eggs to the AP from sapphire breeding.  Had 4 pairs with no egg result and it's been 4 weeks since last breeding so they can't plead being tired.  I notice the market price for sapphires are now 300 shards, has that changed lately or been running at the figure?

7 hours ago, Dracaena said:

I notice the market price for sapphires are now 300 shards, has that changed lately or been running at the figure?

Since late July when I noticed it and changed it in the beginning post. So, yes? to both questions? :P

2 hours ago, kzspot said:

Since late July when I noticed it and changed it in the beginning post. So, yes? to both questions? :P

I couldn't remember and forgot it was noted in the first post.  Wasn't it 100 shards for a sapphire egg when the new variants were introduced?  It has certainly driven up the demand/rarity for them.  I still don't have a full set of yellow sapphires and I'm only looking for one pair from each biome (5/12).  It certainly wasn't this much of a problem to get my set of one pair per biome (blue) back in 2016.  :dry:

Edited by Dracaena

@Bootsmann You should probably swap those view links out for lineage links. ;)

I haven't had the chance to breed any Sapphires at all as of late. Eventually I'll do it again.

15 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Wasn't it 100 shards for a sapphire egg when the new variants were introduced?

It might have been, when I started this topic they were 200 shards. 

1 hour ago, kzspot said:

It might have been, when I started this topic they were 200 shards. 

Did some digging over at the Watching the Market thread.  Found a spreadsheet entry dated 5/27/18 showing sapphire at 200 shards (market introduced on 5/20/18),  found another entry 6/16/19 showing them at 300 shards.  So they do seem to go up and down a little bit.

@Dracaena I brought it up on the Watching the Market thread in the first few days of August. Yes, they were 100 shards at the birthday release. They almost immediately jumped to 200 shards and then jumped again to 300 in late July/early August.

Here's to hoping the price drops back down again (or at least stop at 300)!

13 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Here's to hoping the price drops back down again (or at least stop at 300)!

I hope so too. When they were only 100, people were buying them to drop. They are much less likely to do that at 300.

And I never see them in the cave any more. :(

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

When they were only 100, people were buying them to drop. They are much less likely to do that at 300.

For sure. I don't mind buying and releasing at 200, but for some reason I just balk at 300. :P So, breeding it is! Bummer for the people who want cave borns though....

Hello all! (This is BringsTheSnow but I lost access to my old account.)

5 pink and 8 blue sapphires dropped so far this morning. A few 2g PB pinks and many of the even-gen alternating sapphire lineage. Bred from 10:47am - 11:20am. 

Second wave will be bred this afternoon!

bred six pairs, only got 2 eggs. bred and dropped 12:28 am to 12:30 am Cave/Eastern Time

(4 attempt to breed but didn't get an egg)

I dropped this egg and this egg just now.  Happy hunting!

10 hours ago, TheRealBringsTheSnow said:

Hello all! (This is BringsTheSnow but I lost access to my old account.)

5 pink and 8 blue sapphires dropped so far this morning. A few 2g PB pinks and many of the even-gen alternating sapphire lineage. Bred from 10:47am - 11:20am. 

Second wave will be bred this afternoon!

So sorry you lost your account!  You have been enormously kind to me in catching pink sapphires.  Can I assist you with anything?  

1 hour ago, caseytalk said:

So sorry you lost your account!  You have been enormously kind to me in catching pink sapphires.  Can I assist you with anything?  

So about that... I happened to LITERALLY just regain access to my old account right after I read your post. I've been trying to get in since Saturday and held off on sharing the new account know until I had given up hope. A bit embarrassing, but I am so happy to have it back I don't really care!

*sigh* It is like loosing your credit card and then finding it minutes after you called to report it lost. Thanks for your kindness though @caseytalk!

Hi everybody! I just realised I forgot to abandon my sapps until just now, so they have 4 days and 23 hrs left.  (Bred early on Wednesday) 3- 2nd gen PB Sorry about the short heads up notice!

On 11/17/2021 at 11:48 PM, BringsTheSnow said:

*sigh* It is like loosing your credit card and then finding it minutes after you called to report it lost. Thanks for your kindness though @caseytalk!

Been there, done that before! I'm so glad you regained access, and you're so nice caseytalk!

Not as bad as forgetting to breed them at all, which is what I did. Now I have to decide whether to breed late and have to miss next Wednesday, too, or whether to just wait for next Wednesday. :unsure:

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Not as bad as forgetting to breed them at all, which is what I did. Now I have to decide whether to breed late and have to miss next Wednesday, too, or whether to just wait for next Wednesday. :unsure:

I know, right?! Been there done that to! Real life has a way of interfering sometimes. In this case, I had some new ones so I was trying to decide how to breed them (still haven't decided :P ) and totally forgot about my ones I bred already. Thank goodness they hadn't hatched yet. 

Send two CB to AP at 14 : 36

Happy hunting;)

Edited by D-wing

Bred my Sapphires just now, but only got 4 eggs to send to the AP. The others were all other breeds, no interest, no egg, or z-codes (2 of those!).

bred and dropped 4 Pink Sapphires between 12:34 and 12:35 p.m. Cave/Eastern time.

the Sapphire parent has the last name Qing. :D