TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

3 hours ago, gotw3 said:

With the amount of times I've clicked on a Pink Sapphire right under my mouse and missed it, I feel like the physical manifestation of that Tom & Jerry gag... the one where Tom snatches Jerry right in front of him, then opens his arms (astonished) to see that the mouse has vanished into thin air. XD

this is me right now

ive been trying to get a second one to have a pair all day

Just to be sure, do the pink sapphires turn yellow with enough views? (And the other way around, do yellows turn pink after being abandoned..? But idk if people have been willing to experiment with that haha)

1 minute ago, Lady Aracne said:

Hi, do we know how does time afects the Gemshard new colors?

Sunday - chaos day (any color)

Monday - Jade

Tuesday - Ruby

Wednesday - Sapphire

Thursday - Amethyst

Friday - Aqua

Saturday - Citrine

3 minutes ago, Lady Aracne said:

Hi, do we know how does time afects the Gemshard new colors?

Nope. It depends on the day they are laid.

Erm, @purplehaze said better! XD

Edited by Lagie
Ninja'd!

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Sunday - chaos day (any color)

Monday - Jade

Tuesday - Ruby

Wednesday - Sapphire

Thursday - Amethyst

Friday - Aqua

Saturday - Citrine

thank you very very much

To everyone who identifies with the Tom & Jerry comparison, best of luck catching! :)

And let's hope the spike of adrenaline we all feel when we see Flamingos, Pinks, Sapos, and more in the AP eventually fades. XD

1 hour ago, Halo--Cat said:

I am. especially when refreshing abandoned. 

I was having the same issue, before I stopped & went back to reading this thread.

9 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

this is me right now

ive been trying to get a second one to have a pair all day

I was having that feeling too, until I gave up, & went back to reading this thread! XD

55 minutes ago, gotw3 said:

Restarting the hunt for Pink Sapphs in the AP. (ง'̀-'́)ง Bring it on, internet speed!

lol, right? Also it's the cat-like reflexes of those hunting the AP as well. I pride myself in mine, but dang is this a perfect case of "Blink and you miss it"

FYI, @Odeen, your new Gem avatars made me swoon. I may have to use the rainbow shifting one once I get through hunting the AP a bit more. :D

3 hours ago, Syiren said:

lol, right? Also it's the cat-like reflexes of those hunting the AP as well. I pride myself in mine, but dang is this a perfect case of "Blink and you miss it"

FYI, @Odeen, your new Gem avatars made me swoon. I may have to use the rainbow shifting one once I get through hunting the AP a bit more. :D

I know its not impossible to get the pinks but dang does it feel like it , just lost another one, thats gonna be miss # 22 today for me hhhhh
someone lend me their ninja skills so i can finally be done lol

Ok, who's the mean person abandoning all the Venturis eggs to the AP? -.O

Lol.

I'm good with telling the new Sapphire egg from Pinks and Flamingos but that one... not as much. Good thing there's no cooldown on abandoning AP eggs...

Also, the person or persons who were breeding their bolts to coppers... thanks. I have 4 pretty new bolt eggs speed hatching. Got a new project now.

Between issues with my mouse and issues with my reflexes I may end up trading for pink sapphs though. They're so pretty they'll be worth it...

46 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

2 bred (to-be-stunned) Electrics (that were supposed to be new coppers

When I was breeding my sapphires I had one unpartnered one... so I bred it with an aeon. Not only do I like the color combo, I was going to be happy with whichever egg I got. :)

2 hours ago, Fiona said:

I'm sorry if some of you are having trouble telling the copper variants apart. They're quite distinctive on my monitor, but monitor quality and settings do have a big impact, as does our individual eyesight. I may decide to tweak the rainbow copper egg to have a touch more green in it. I'm having a little trouble with that one myself. I didn't look at the eggs in respriting the adults because I didn't see a reason they needed to change. Well, live and learn, right?

I will say that respriting an 8 year old concept to keep them the same color valuations as before while updating anatomy was quite a challenge for me. The palette used is the same as the originals but the proportions of each color used changed some just due to the difficulty of trying to place the same or similar colors in the same places but with the new shading.

As for the name of these, I call them Pennybrights. Because new copper pennies are shiny, bright copper. :)

If the new one had more yellow in its highlights, and the "rainbow" had a much more even blue/green to brown ratio (the brown is too much % now) and the nonbrown hue was more saturated, and the liver was a bit colder or pink or darker (because it's less than a tone darker right now), I guess the problem would be solved or almost solved, especially since when I'm googling copper colors, I can see a few very distinct hues even without the green or blue tint but I still have a hard time telling which DC variant I'm looking at^^;
I can tell yellow from orange and from red in general, but for some reasons those 3 coppers feel like the same character kind of thing, perhaps at slightly different sunsets at most, sunnier vs cloudier? But they don't read as 3 alts for me^^; 

Also, I heard the highest % Adobe RGB (?) screen tablets display more colors than an average display screen, maybe this is why you see more? or you see all smallest color differences much better than an average sight or it's because you're an artist and your mind is better trained to tell all minimal color differences apart? I know many forum users are into art too, so maybe that's why they can see more than I do? I don't know, but for some reason some of us have huge problems with those 3 or 2 of them, and in my case it's not a color blindness or a cheap screen, but perhaps the fact I'm not an artist? 

3 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

I know its not impossible to get the pinks but dang does it feel like it , just lost another one, thats gonna be miss # 22 today for me hhhhh
someone lend me their ninja skills so i can finally be done lol

I think the only reason  I managed my single lucky catch last night was because it was next to a rainbow copper egg and people might have hesitated to see if it was the new one or not. I was color trained on pink, and didn't register the copper until I was already clicking the pink and ended up succeeding. 

I offer you 25% of my reflexes and luck as I still need a good chunk to get another for my friend. Sound good? :)

lore-wise and shades of green-wise, the motus (green/eq) cantor is *made* for gaia xenos. i mean, i think it's going to go beautifully with a lot of sprites, but that's the combo i got super excited about when i read the adult description. :D i am so in love with this dragon! it is closer than anything has ever come to gaia in my heart. 💚💚💚

i also can't wait to see what everyone does with the tutela cantor. the delicacy of the colors is mesmerizing...

I think the only reason  I managed my single lucky catch last night was because it was next to a rainbow copper egg and people might have hesitated to see if it was the new one or not. I was color trained on pink, and didn't register the copper until I was already clicking the pink and ended up succeeding. 

I offer you 25% of my reflexes and luck as I still need a good chunk to get another for my friend. Sound good? :)

lmao nice, sure that sounds good, maybe then i can finally have a pair and stop this madness XD

@Meh,

I do appreciate hearing how you see this. However, as I said before, I kept the palettes used in the original three variants, and I don't want to change that because changing the palettes ruins people's existing lineages. I did end up going a little less blues and greens in the rainbow copper overall, though honestly I tried as hard as I could to get the same feel in the sprites.

Artistic training could indeed be something of a factor. After all, these are my brain children, so I may pick up subtleties before some others. However, I don't have a fancy monitor. I have as much as I could adjusted their display to be as accurate as possible color-wise. Many of you may not know that most computer monitors can be adjusted so that the colors are more true to life. (I have dual monitors - one is better than the other. Neither is expensive.) They're large monitors too, so I'm not handicapped by viewing on a phone screen. Thank God. However, I also have cataracts, so that actually makes seeing small color differences harder.

As I said before, I'm going to take a look at rainbow copper eggs. Maybe make a couple tweaks. Because if I can't tell them apart I guess I can't blame you guys for not being able to either, right? (Actually, I can tell them apart but it's a little tough)

I tossed 6 bred Sapphires to the AP just now to keep the supply of pinks coming. I have had no luck catching any myself.

There is not a single one of these new dragons that is not lovely! I want to hoard them all!

Can't wait until we get the Florets figured out.

I'm getting ready to use EQ. Blubbering halo, so much planning I have to put in between warding and EQ'ing. 😄

I swear, I don't know which is harder to get. The new Sapphy Pink or a PS5? lol. 

I swear, I don't know which is harder to get. The new Sapphy Pink or a PS5? lol. 

the awnser is yes.

1 minute ago, Syiren said:

Since I have seen only less than 10 pink sapphires during my time in the AP, I'm picking Pink Sapph.

At least I can click on the page for an out of stock PS5 console. I haven't been able to click on a Pink Sapph since I refresh too fast and it's gone. 😪

I have seen many trades in the hub asking for and I quote, "CB NR/new egg (not floret)"

What do they mean by that? I though the new CB releases were all Florets. Did I miss something?

Edited by Vibrance

Just now, Vibrance said:

I saw a trade in the hub asking for and I quote, "CB NR (not floret)"

What do they mean by that? I though the new CB releases were all Florets. Did I miss something?

Probably the gemshards.