TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Just woke up, still not totally awake, but I had to go look at the adults..... I take back every single negative thing I've said about this release. .... Okay not really, but WOAH those gorgeous adults make the frustration feel a lot more worth it!!

I don't even know where to start. The Florets aren't exactly my favorites, personally I like the more sleek/put-together look of the originals, though the poses are pretty unique and interesting. The Copper and Electric alts are very pretty but not as drastic/eye-catching as all the others imo. The female Nlia looks like a posed proud statue and I'm *loving* it! I don't know why but something about the pose combined with the coloring makes me think of humans building some sort of huge statue honoring the dragon, lol. 

The 'Carrotshard' (omg totally cracked up when I saw someone mention that) and the other new Gemshard adults are just gorgeous.... Gemshards are pretty but they've never been among my favorites and I was a little iffy on the idea of three more types to collect, but looking at those adults YES PLEASE!!

The Royal Eminence is absolutely gorgeous, but what else do you expect when breeding two Royal breeds? I especially like the pose of the female, with the way the legs are positioned it feels like she's mid-step walking somewhere and it takes a rather common side-view pose and makes it feel more dynamic and unique. 

And then we have the two new Cantors, and FREAKING WOAH!! Like woaaaahh. I was so excited and surprised when I saw a green adult last night and realized how absolutely beautiful that strange-green color looked on the adult. But now, now.... That white one. It's just.... Amazing. Honestly from the hatchling I would never have suspected the prominence of the pastel colors, I am so surprised and so excited!! Tutela Cantors have just jumped to the very top of my 'favorite Cantor' list, lol. I don't even have words for how happy that sprite makes me. 

3 hours ago, Glaciarie said:

Is anyone getting a lot of page errors? I was trying to breed some sapphires but the amount of erros is making the game unplayable

I am. especially when refreshing abandoned. 

So how do these new floret forms work? Are they like hybrids or something?

Okay, on the florets again. (I really can't get over this but they're so freaking awesome and still mysterious so I'm obsessing on them.)

Since the adults have the same color palettes, we really don't need SIX color names. We can just refer to the color palette and flower type. For the purples, "purple iris" and "purple lily" will suffice (or "purple alstro" if I get outvoted on lily—I really don't see people spelling out the whole word). We might want to continue to use gold and bronze for the iris and lily versions in browns, because "browns" and "ochre" both sound... plain... which these are definitely not.

But what is a single name that can incorporate the dark pink egg and the pastel peachy egg?

Peachberry. You heard it here first.

1 hour ago, Fiona said:

As for the name of these, I call them Pennybrights. Because new copper pennies are shiny, bright copper. :)

Great name! (We just took pennies out of circulation here so no more bright shiny pennies for us.)

I have no trouble with the verdigris coppers but singly, the other two confuse me. I can tell them apart side by side but out of that context makes it tricky.

8 minutes ago, Avarule said:

So how do these new floret forms work? Are they like hybrids or something?

We don't know yet. Still to be explored!

30 minutes ago, Odeen said:

Updated gemmie avatars for all your gemmie avatar needs! Ruby/jade/sapphire are unchanged, I just like rainbows.

njv3wdW.pngpcL2RkA.pngbesgIV6.pngyuuwk8m.png4kc96OX.pngMBTnd04.png
MLnquLB.gif

I love them! So pretty. ❤️

With such a cute python-snout. :D

5 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

We can just refer to the color palette and flower type. For the purples, "purple iris" and "purple lily" will suffice

lily works for me!

I finally got a pink sapphire. Yay! 

The adults look really nice. Thanks, spriters.

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

These three look extremely different to me. They are quite easy to tell apart - could it perhaps be something in your monitor settings, or are you in fact potentially mildly colorblind? (Genuinely! I'm not trying to be rude here). The electrics are also very different, but Blue...

It also very much depends on your screen. Everything is much clearer and crisper on my phone vs my laptop

Gotta say, I haven't had this much fun hunting the AP in a looong time! I'd be happy to try and catch some Pink Sapphs for anyone who has slower internet.

Did I completely forget to mention the Sapphires in my previous post? Yes, yes I did. Told you I wasn't fully awake, lol! 

I really really love the color combinations on the new Sapphires, they are so bold (and I can't stop seeing them as wearing clothes...). I am a little surprised at the, uh, cartoony-feel of the coloring? Not saying it's a bad thing, just for some reason to me the poses plus the coloring makes them feel not as "realistic" as some of the other breeds, which is interesting to me because I've seen the shift over the years to more 'realistic' sprites. Just my opinion though, and I guess the Sapphire's coloring isn't much different in that area than the Gemshards, just something I noticed. Again I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I actually *really* like the new Sapphires and I'm really excited to collect them!

edit: Also, the Gemshard's adult description calls them both 'Gemshard Dragons' and 'Gemshard Easterns', is that intentional? Usually the term/name is consistent in the description, isn't it? And is this a new thing or have Gemshards always had that in their description and I've just forgotten?

Edited by HeatherMarie

26 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

Is anyone getting a lot of page errors? I was trying to breed some sapphires but the amount of erros is making the game unplayable

Yes. Exactly evey 5 minutes for me and it takes 4 or 5 refreshes to resolve, no matter what page I am on. I'm stubborn though so I'm just pushing through! 

14 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Since the adults have the same color palettes, we really don't need SIX color names. We can just refer to the color palette and flower type. For the purples, "purple iris" and "purple lily" will suffice (or "purple alstro" if I get outvoted on lily—I really don't see people spelling out the whole word). We might want to continue to use gold and bronze for the iris and lily versions in browns, because "browns" and "ochre" both sound... plain... which these are definitely not.

But what is a single name that can incorporate the dark pink egg and the pastel peachy egg?

@Fyrebird I like the way you think! Lily works for me. I've always known Alstromeria flowers as the 'Peruvian Lily' so it makes sense. On the peach florets, well, I like just calling them peaches 😀

Does anyone know how the gemshard times work yet?

edit: Oh nevermind, I see on the last page it says they're based on days of the week. Neat!

Edited by Painter

22 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Okay, on the florets again. (I really can't get over this but they're so freaking awesome and still mysterious so I'm obsessing on them.)

For the Alstroemerias, I’ve been referring to them as Alstros for weeks so that gets my support absolutely. There are a lot of kinds of lily and alstroemerias aren’t the flower that jumps to mind when people say “lily,” so I think it’s a more accurate nickname.

I’ve also generally referred to the color schemes as Purple, Gold, and Pink before the release happened and I realized people were gonna only have the eggs at first, haha. No official names for the color schemes, but that’s how I’ve been casually referring to them.

4 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

On the peach florets, well, I like just calling them peaches

@BringsTheSnow I loved calling them peaches and grapes, but grape didn't have widespread appeal. The spriter was calling that one "dark pink" but I could definitely go with berry instead. Peach and berry for the eggs... still peachberry florets as far as I'm concerned. Guess I have my naming convention for those LOL.

3 hours ago, Painter said:

Does anyone know how the gemshard times work yet?

Yep!

Here:

5 hours ago, Velvetie said:

Sunday - chaos day (any color)

Monday - Jade

Tuesday - Ruby

Wednesday - Sapphire

Thursday - Amethyst

Friday - Aqua

Saturday - Citrine

My first two peachberry alstros have gendered!!! So excited for them to become adults, and not just to start experimental breeding. I want those lovely flower-dragons on my scroll!

Okay, if the Citrine Gemshards could be bred/caught on Saturday, that means they can hatch today, right? Has anyone seen any in hatcheries? I haven't seen a single one in a hatchery and I spent nearly two hours looking last night (and not seeing any this morning yet either). I know it's still early in the day, but I am correct in thinking they can hatch today right?

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, if the Citrine Gemshards could be bred/caught on Saturday, that means they can hatch today, right? Has anyone seen any in hatcheries? I haven't seen a single one in a hatchery and I spent nearly two hours looking last night (and not seeing any this morning yet either). I know it's still early in the day, but I am correct in thinking they can hatch today right?

i;ve seen one citrine one in Silvi's.  but i'll be stalking the hatcheries this evening looking for hatchies (and yellow sapphire eggs) for my encyclopedia shadows. :D

Edited by trystan

I suppose the new alts are... pretty? Still not really a fan of obtaining alts through the silliest of methods though...

@HeatherMarie I saw one citrine gemshard yesterday morning (obviously early-hatched through eq or kill), but didn't think to grab the code b/c I expected a flood of them after midnight. Still haven't seen any others but I've been playing on the forum so far today instead of poring over the hatcheries looking for newbies to click. (My eyes went blurry last night after doing that all day yesterday.)

Regardless of how they are obtained, and for me it may be that some never will be, I do love all the new sprites.  As in "WOW".

Not responding to anyone in particular, just my overall viewpoint.  I do wish, though, that it had been done differently :(

22 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Gotta say, I haven't had this much fun hunting the AP in a looong time! I'd be happy to try and catch some Pink Sapphs for anyone who has slower internet.

Hi hello. I know it says Caspod, but it's short for Caspodios Slownet InTheCityFiosSnubbed Slowpants.

20 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

@BringsTheSnow I loved calling them peaches and grapes, but grape didn't have widespread appeal. The spriter was calling that one "dark pink" but I could definitely go with berry instead. Peach and berry for the eggs... still peachberry florets as far as I'm concerned. Guess I have my naming convention for those LOL.

Maybe peach plum persimmon or something.

Im a bit confused did floret wyverns get new art work? they grown up now and some of them have the old art work and some of them have new artwork

same for for the old colored ones

or are they all alts or what happened?

i missed them dropping in the caves by like a day so i didnt know they were consitered a brand new egg or anything