TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

YAY ADULTS!!!!

I'm so glad the Royal Eminence are being received so well! I just wanted to plop down a note that they are named "Eminence" because that is a particular shade of purple, which is what we ended up using for them since it just fit the theme perfectly :)

3 hours ago, daba555 said:

Regardless of how they are obtained, and for me it may be that some never will be, I do love all the new sprites.  As in "WOW".

Not responding to anyone in particular, just my overall viewpoint.  I do wish, though, that it had been done differently :(

I agree with this-

really wish some didnt have certain obtain requirements pink sapphires & green cantos

Edited by Halo--Cat
added 'green cantos'

Has it been confirmed AP'ing is the only way to get pink sapphires yet? I haven't seen any posts from creators regarding it yet...

Edited by BlitzDrake

3 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

Im a bit confused did floret wyverns get new art work? they grown up now and some of them have the old art work and some of them have new artwork

same for for the old colored ones

or are they all alts or what happened?

i missed them dropping in the caves by like a day so i didnt know they were consitered a brand new egg or anything 

There are alts. Short answer is we don't actually know how to obtain any of the new ones except the peach variety (that drop in the Jungle).

2 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

Im a bit confused did floret wyverns get new art work? they grown up now and some of them have the old art work and some of them have new artwork

same for for the old colored ones

or are they all alts or what happened?

i missed them dropping in the caves by like a day so i didnt know they were consitered a brand new egg or anything 

It seems like there is one „new“ with the old art work, and three alts with new artwork. The six have 3 color schemes: pink-peach, violette-lilac, gold-brown.

Still don’t know how they are related to each other, we will see when others can breed the new peach one.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

There are alts. Short answer is we don't actually know how to obtain any of the new ones except the peach variety (that drop in the Jungle).

will the ones that are big and fluffy also drop aswell or is it the old artwork recolored peachy that drops?

How did I miss this?!  I'm fairly certain that it's only been a couple of days since the last day I checked the site!  T-T

Just for confirmation, I bought a Gemshard from the market on Saturday, and it hatched orange/citrine!

Restarting the hunt for Pink Sapphs in the AP. (ง'̀-'́)ง Bring it on, internet speed!

3 hours ago, gotw3 said:

Restarting the hunt for Pink Sapphs in the AP. (ง'̀-'́)ง Bring it on, internet speed!

Good luck!

and also your signature ❤️
I love it so much

Awww yay we have adults, they are amazing. The colours are beautiful on all of them, I think the new gemshards are my favorite out of the bunch, but they are all great.

Fantastic release thank you again Tj, spriters and all involved :)

Ah-ha, finally seeing some citrines in the hatcheries! Only a few, but with viewing @Gealach's it was enough to unlock the s1 sprite in the encyclopedia, yay! (I'm so obsessed about getting all new entries unlocked the first day possible...)

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

i;ve seen one citrine one in Silvi's.  but i'll be stalking the hatcheries this evening looking for hatchies (and yellow sapphire eggs) for my encyclopedia shadows. :D

Don't forget the Encyclopedia Helpers thread! ;)

10 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

Good luck!

and also your signature ❤️
I love it so much

Thank you! :D

And all the pixel dragon art is by the illustrious Riserae on Flight Rising! Their shop is unfortunately closed, though. :<

Edit: With the amount of times I've clicked on a Pink Sapphire right under my mouse and missed it, I feel like the physical manifestation of that Tom & Jerry gag... the one where Tom snatches Jerry right in front of him, then opens his arms (astonished) to see that the mouse has vanished into thin air. XD

Edited by gotw3
slapstick comedy

3 hours ago, gotw3 said:

Thank you! :D

And all the pixel dragon art is by the illustrious Riserae on Flight Rising! Their shop is unfortunately closed, though. :<

ooooo
well they certainly draw flight rising dragons so well. 
Have a good day ^^

13 minutes ago, hazeh said:

YAY ADULTS!!!!

I'm so glad the Royal Eminence are being received so well! I just wanted to plop down a note that they are named "Eminence" because that is a particular shade of purple, which is what we ended up using for them since it just fit the theme perfectly :)

I was initially thinking Imperial since purple was saved for royalty. But Royal Eminence sounds way better!

I thought for a second the dragon description would include the dragon feasting on sea snails. XD

1 hour ago, Odeen said:

Updated gemmie avatars for all your gemmie avatar needs! Ruby/jade/sapphire are unchanged, I just like rainbows.

njv3wdW.pngpcL2RkA.pngbesgIV6.pngyuuwk8m.png4kc96OX.pngMBTnd04.png
MLnquLB.gif

Thank you Odeen!!! I love all of them, and I just couldn't chose!!! ❤️ 

TFW you accidentally abandon a floret instead of fogging it. 😓

I need a nap.

Oh my all these beautiful adults!!!!!!!

8 orange flowery CB hatchies, 2 bred Nilias, 2 bred Royal mixes, 2 bred (to-be-stunned) Electrics (that were supposed to be new coppers lol), 1 bred warded Cantor and 1 maybe-to-be-yellow Sapphire - last eight ones are still eggs xD - are my current treasures. Looking forward to get all of the others eventually ❤️

Edited by Kiwiana

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Don't forget the Encyclopedia Helpers thread! ;)

oh of course not!  i follow that thread :D

9 minutes ago, gotw3 said:

Edit: With the amount of times I've clicked on a Pink Sapphire right under my mouse and missed it, I feel like the physical manifestation of that Tom & Jerry gag... the one where Tom snatches Jerry right in front of him, then opens his arms (astonished) to see that the mouse has vanished into thin air. XD

Quoted for truth! XD  I can't even count the number of times that has happened to me today. With over 120 people clicking there I guess it is no wonder!

12 minutes ago, gotw3 said:

😃  Oh dang that's the perfect comparison! That really is what it feels like, so many times I'm *sure* I clicked fast enough but nope!

21 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Clicked on a pink egg in the AP, Sapphire? OMG!

Er, ah, Pink Dragon. XD

*giggles* I did that too! XD But it IS possible to actually snag one with slow reflexes & a slowish connection! :D Trying to get another one for a pair... impossible with the time I have left before I need to leave for work. I will tell you it took me HOURS to actually the one I did grab. *had been trying for 4 hours straight* Do I wish there was an easier way to get one? OH YEAH!! Anyone who discovers it will be a hero!! :D

Good luck to you & everyone else! :D

35 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

will the ones that are big and fluffy also drop aswell or is it the old artwork recolored peachy that drops?

The "old" style are iris-based florets. This includes the one new to this release, that we don't yet know how to achieve. (Two cave colors, one presumably bred color.)

The "new" style is alstroemeria-based (Peruvian lily) florets. The spriter is on-board with shortening this to alstro. The alstro style are still florets, but a different breed for this body style (kind of like the xenos.) This breed has one cave color (the peach egg in the jungle) and two colors that we don't yet know how to achieve.

For the two floret breeds, each has three colors. The three color palettes are the same for each breed. Three of the variations (2 iris, 1 alstro) can be caught in the cave, and three (1 iris, 2 alstro) we still need to figure out.

In short (too late!): florets now have two body styles, but they're all still florets and both styles are available.

51 minutes ago, Caspod said:

I know it says Caspod, but it's short for Caspodios Slownet InTheCityFiosSnubbed Slowpants.

I don't usually have to worry about snarfing in the DC forum, but I happened to be lifting my drink for a sip when I read this. Good thing I wasn't fully drinking yet or I'd have some splashing to clean up.