Paradisiske

Let everyone who enters the monthly raffle win a prize.

2 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

I like the concept. But what about giving one random (most likely, a bronze) prize after a given number of raffle entries? The catch being, if you accept the "you have the choice to take this prize egg for playing so long" offer, you'd be not allowed to enter the raffle again, so you won't ever be able to get another. If you decline, you may eventually not only win one prize but also be allowed to continue the raffle and win another. 

One reason I HATE this idea is that it's so easy to click the wrong button as it is....

The other is

A raffle is a raffle is a raffle, as I said before.

You gets your ticket, you takes your chance, and mostly you get nothing.

I have held UK Premium Bonds (a very very old lottery we have here) since 1959. I have never won one single penny. Indeed, inflation is such that it wouldn't even be worth my while to cash them in !

2 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

Another idea. Make this happen to the tinsels and shimmerscales, so that everybody has a chance to win / earn one, and add new prize dragons to the raffle. Prize drakes! Or prize two-heads (actually I would LOVE that.) Or tiny prizes. Or all of the above. 

No more prize breeds, please. The ones we already have are why we have to have this thread.

Yeah, I really don't think we should all get a prize every time we enter the raffle. That's just giving them out for free... I see no need of it at all. There are already a big amount of prizes going out every month (as opposed to just one) which I think is quite fair tbh. Yeah some of us have never won one, but that's how raffles work, you enter them in the knowledge that chances are, you won't win anything. That's a raffle.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind a small consolation prize. Like 10 shards for everyone who didn't win or something, I wouldn't mind that. Raffle requirements can sometimes take work for some people, so a small reward for your efforts seems fine to me.

6 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

I like the concept. But what about giving one random (most likely, a bronze) prize after a given number of raffle entries? The catch being, if you accept the "you have the choice to take this prize egg for playing so long" offer, you'd be not allowed to enter the raffle again, so you won't ever be able to get another. If you decline, you may eventually not only win one prize but also be allowed to continue the raffle and win another. 

Another idea. Make this happen to the tinsels and shimmerscales, so that everybody has a chance to win / earn one, and add new prize dragons to the raffle. Prize drakes! Or prize two-heads (actually I would LOVE that.) Or tiny prizes. Or all of the above. 

No way to either one.

As I said earlier in the thread, adding another prize breed just makes people even more upset when they don't win/complicates the prize issue further.

And how is it fair for people to be banned from entering the raffle for "summoning" a prize? What if it's one they don't particularly like? I can see the angry threads from here. They went so long without winning and now they're essentially punished for accepting this new prize that is offered when other winners can still enter the raffle. What is the purpose of banning them in the first place? It'd be much easier to leave it as a one-time claim button and then they can't ever use the button again. They'd just have to keep playing the raffle like before. Still no, either way.

I didn't say banning as punishment, I said, decision. If it has downsides, well.... And I'm sorry if someone pushed the wrong button, it happened to me, but here it's not as horrible as, say, deleting a company from a register. (Done that!)

If you want to please everyone with certain-to-gain special dragons, there are the GoNs and the Zyu. 

Edited by Darth Krande

I don't know what that means, but it's just as horrible to me if it means accidentally ending up with something I wasn't keen on that will mean that I am FOREVER denied a chance at a silver shim - my AIM in entering, really !

No support for that idea, sorry.

People make mistakes sure, but being denied the chance at ever getting a prize again is pretty much a punishment regardless of wording. Regular prize winners don't suddenly stop being able to enter the raffle when they win.

Comparing sinomorphs and guardians of nature to a pressing a button for a prize is not the same thing. 

And in both those cases, there's a regret option - releasing the GoN or collecting/breeding enough zyus to summon again.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

If you want to please everyone with certain-to-gain special dragons, there are the GoNs and the Zyu. 

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Comparing sinomorphs and guardians of nature to a pressing a button for a prize is not the same thing. 

Yeah, not sure what that comparison is meant for, what exactly is being said there? But they are in no way the same at all. Especially with Sinomorphs, you have to collect the *entire set* of Zyus for *every* Summon *and* you have no control over the gender of the Sino that's Summoned (supposedly it's somewhat-based on the gender of the specific Zyus used but we have proof that's not always true...). GoNs are not 'certain to gain' (if by that you mean like the Sinos where it's a sure thing every Summon), some of us tried for years before getting our first GoN. Neither of those compare at all to pressing a button and being handed a CB Prize just because you haven't won a raffle in awhile. 

I am strongly against any suggestion that would ban people from having more chances to win Prizes. However it's worded it sounds more like a punishment than a gain.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:46 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

If it stops being a raffle - that's one thing, and I don't mind if it does - TJ can put prizes in the market  (NOT in the biomes) - Eastern and Western -with a shard level of - say - twice whatever is running at top level, which would at this moment mean 9,400 (2x magma) (BTW folks - I see golds are quite affordable right now...) And I guess it would also have to be random which colour you get - just as it is for dorsals... THAT would annoy people...)

I don't know what you mean here. You can drop a CB prize to the AP, but there's no real hope of trading that way.

A lot of people (loud voices is pushing it a bit - yours is as loud as anyone else's ☮️ !)  are happy to have the whole thing moved to the market. Just not with messing with what is a RAFFLE, plain and simple, one in which everyone has - and should have - an equal chance. Just giving them away would seem to go way past anything ever seen here. And if giving them away to everyone who enters came in - the next thing will be a dash of "no FAIR I don't LIKE drakes why should I have to raise three things I don't want just to get me a prize. EVERYONE should get a prize every month...."

Then what if the suggestion was to change the raffle into something that is not a raffle?

If put in the market I would prefer not to have the color be random.

And iirc back before teleport was a thing people would ap trade. It was hit or miss. People who are desperate enough at this time can do the same thing with cb prizes. Someone could trade them a cb stat and so they drop their cb prize in the ap in return. Requires a lot of trust yes and an acceptance of someone else being faster in the ap. 

I kept the challenges in because I knew some people wouldn't want it to be super easy. There is no pleasing everybody in any situation.

And yes I'm sure people will put up suggestions to get golds and stats like the way I am proposing for the prizes if it gets implemented but the key difference is that those eggs are already in the cave and the market. 

1 minute ago, Paradisiske said:

And iirc back before teleport was a thing people would ap trade. It was hit or miss. People who are desperate enough at this time can do the same thing with cb prizes. Someone could trade them a cb stat and so they drop their cb prize in the ap in return. Requires a lot of trust yes and an acceptance of someone else being faster in the ap. 

When teleport was introduced, TJ disabled being able to hunt for abandoned eggs by code before they hit the AP display. So you would have to watch the time on that egg carefully and be available when it was getting close to the time of the other eggs on the AP page. Then you would be competing with every other person hunting the AP. It would not be a matter of trust at all. Just refreshing the AP at the precisely right moment and then having to beat everyone else to the egg when it shows up. Sorry, but AP trading of valuable eggs is no longer a viable option.

1 hour ago, Paradisiske said:

I kept the challenges in because I knew some people wouldn't want it to be super easy. There is no pleasing everybody in any situation.

What challenges? Raising 3 eggs is not a challenge. Entering the raffle IS super easy and not deserving of a participation trophy for every 10k+ user that hits the button every month.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

When teleport was introduced, TJ disabled being able to hunt for abandoned eggs by code before they hit the AP display. So you would have to watch the time on that egg carefully and be available when it was getting close to the time of the other eggs on the AP page. Then you would be competing with every other person hunting the AP. It would not be a matter of trust at all. Just refreshing the AP at the precisely right moment and then having to beat everyone else to the egg when it shows up. Sorry, but AP trading of valuable eggs is no longer a viable option.

It is still a matter of trust that they would abandon the egg in the first place.

And for cb prizes it is the only way to technically trade them atm.

33 minutes ago, Paradisiske said:

It is still a matter of trust that they would abandon the egg in the first place.

And for cb prizes it is the only way to technically trade them atm.

No one is abandoning CB prizes for the purpose of trading though. It's like people who buy market golds to abandon them for others to find. There's no trust involved in a decision to abandon your own egg.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, DragonLady86 said:

What challenges? Raising 3 eggs is not a challenge. Entering the raffle IS super easy and not deserving of a participation trophy for every 10k+ user that hits the button every month.

We agree.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:34 PM, Paradisiske said:

13 pages is around 10 pages which is what I said.  To get more

April 2021 6 pages and counting

March 2021 13 pages

Sept 2020 11 pages

August 2020 10 pages

April 2020 10 pages

March 2020 10 pages 

December 2019 10 pages

Sept 2019 16 pages

June 2019 16 pages

April 2019 12 pages 

March 2019 16 pages

Now compare this to the early 2010s which would go up into the 50s and 80s for holidays and new releases. It is a big drop with a few exceptions in between. If I messed up a year please let me know. 

May 2021 92 pages and still active....

Just for he record.

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

May 2021 92 pages and still active....

Just for he record.

tbh this release with all the alts was a lot. i would love it if the energy carried over for the rest of year.