purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

All these lovely spirals... After my first year catastrophe, I stick to stairs !!!

So... I feel very dumb right now. I accidentally auto abandoned my 3g egg because I bred without checking if I was egg-locked. If I don't find it, oh well, but it would be really nice to get it back.

My 2g dragons are now named PLEASE RETURN MY and LOST EGG - WILL REWARD. Bred at 12:56 pm EDT on 5/13/21.

9 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

So... I feel very dumb right now. I accidentally auto abandoned my 3g egg because I bred without checking if I was egg-locked.

Oh no! I hope it gets returned. I will try to keep an eye out for it.

Good luck...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Guys, it worked!!! Thanks to @Atalante I now have my lost egg back again. 

Terrific! I was egg locked so couldn't try for it. Glad it was returned. I have found that unless it is a rare egg, people on the forum are generally pretty helpful about returning things.

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Egglet

What Gen are you on now?: 7

6 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Guys, it worked!!! Thanks to @Atalante I now have my lost egg back again. 

I'm glad you were able to get it back!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Egglet

What Gen are you on now?: 6

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):Oh look, a Z-code

What Gen are you on now?: 4th Gen

The Aethers are dominating so far but I actually don't mind. I'm keeping the single step spiral lineage pattern and just letting the breeds flip flop around.

7 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

The Aethers are dominating so far but I actually don't mind. I'm keeping the single step spiral lineage pattern and just letting the breeds flip flop around.

That's my modus operandi, too. ;)

Though... I actually have a secondary lineage running from my base dragons that has managed to reach 6th gen with the correct pairings: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ffNGn!

Edited by Lagie
Added info

On 4/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, purplehaze said:

Rules (because we do need rules!):

• All lineages must be some form of stair or spiral format.

I am confused by a couple of the lines here.  I am not seeing a “consistent pattern” ... unless I don’t know what the pattern is?

19 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

17 hours ago, Lagie said:

That's my modus operandi, too. ;)

Forgive me if I am missing the patterns here. I thought you guys had switched to double-step or even triple-step spirals?

BringsTheSnow, I thought maybe you switched to a double-step spiral lineage pattern. Is the Aether the new pattern? A double-step spiral, with Aethers changing genders every two gens? (Aether: M/F/F/M/M/F/F/M/M/F/F/M/M?)

Same with Lagie’s line: Is there a Seratti gender swap every 3 gens? So a 3-step (triple-step) spiral, then? (Seratti: F/M/F/F/F/M/M/M/F/F/F/M/M/M)?

I did not think that we could do a pattern of just letting the breeds flip around. If that’s the case, my lineage becomes easier because I can just take whatever result I get and keep going. Which isn’t a pattern. 

Edited by missy_