purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/mhVkr

What Gen are you on now?: 9

3 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Forgive me if I am missing the patterns here. I thought you guys had switched to double-step or even triple-step spirals?

BringsTheSnow, I thought maybe you switched to a double-step spiral lineage pattern. Is the Aether the new pattern? A double-step spiral, with Aethers changing genders every two gens? (Aether: M/F/F/M/M/F/F/M/M/FF/MM?)

Same with Lagie’s line: Is there a Seratti gender swap every 3 gens? So a 3-step (triple-step) spiral, then? (Seratti: F/M/F/F/F/M/M/M/F/F/F/M/M/M)?

I did not think that we could do a pattern of just letting the breeds flip around. If that’s the case, my lineage becomes easier because I can just take whatever result I get and keep going. Which isn’t a pattern. 

I'm seeing a clear pattern for Lagies: it's a spiral stair with the bred offspring is m/f/m/f/m/f like your lineage is.

If you're asking for my pattern, I'm doing a spiral stair with alterning colours on the CB parents side, taking the offsprings colour as it comes in.

@missy_ Sorry for any confusion. I may have gone by a rather loose interpretation of the rules.

To me as long as the lineage pattern is consistent it is okay. So a spiral would need to switch genders for the bred dragon at each step. A double spiral would switch every other step. For a stair it would never switch. The breed doesn't really matter. My own lineage last year was a spiral, but the breeds just fell as they fell.

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

I am confused by a couple of the lines here.  I am not seeing a “consistent pattern” ... unless I don’t know what the pattern is?

Forgive me if I am missing the patterns here. I thought you guys had switched to double-step or even triple-step spirals?

BringsTheSnow, I thought maybe you switched to a double-step spiral lineage pattern. Is the Aether the new pattern? A double-step spiral, with Aethers changing genders every two gens? (Aether: M/F/F/M/M/F/F/M/M/F/F/M/M?)

The patern is the lineage shape. I posted my plan about the breeds changing around in the lineage so @purplehaze could see it and tell me if it was not okay (thanks for answering that, purplehaze).

Sorry to have caused confusion! I guess it's better to have that cleared up now than at the end of the 20 weeks.

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@rinoa26 are you using EQ ? I dare not....

No, I'm to scared to lose one XD

I bred them nearly immediately once they grew up since the start and was lucky enough to get an egg every breeding.

I suppose if I hadn't blown my first breeding.... As I am otherwise doing the same. :)

Standings have been updated to here. :)

I thought that the pattern had to be consistent with the breed as well, I might not have ditched my water egg if I had known. XD

Purplehaze has always been relaxed about things - but that is why I stick with single breeds, myself !

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Purplehaze has always been relaxed about things - but that is why I stick with single breeds, myself !

This is my first time trying this and I also decided to stick to single breed - mainly to avoid any kind of chaos lol

I'm too clumsy.... 😕

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I got a spiral wrong. HORRIBLY wrong. I forget quite what happened to it.

Oh...

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8h1Vq

Yeah - BAD. It counted, but I wasn't even close to winning !

Aww so many pygmies :) Nevermind! It still counted! 

I'm trying to figure out where it went wrong. It's after the 4th right? 

Edit: not 4th..... 9th right? @Fuzzbucket

Edited by Miraku

No - it went wrong at gen 5 - it was supposed to be just a spiral.... Then I tried to correct it and it got worse... :lol:

XD Spirals can be tricky, but I like them much better than stairs.

Thank you guys, I will look at your comments later! Not feeling well so brain can't process right now. 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/TAaon

What Gen are you on now?: 7

10 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage):

https://dragcave.net/lineage/4WTvO

What Gen are you on now?: 5th Gen

In Ontario, TVO was a television station. ;)