purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Eggy

What Gen are you on now?: 9

I have a question since I'm already very much confused with my line. Before updating my standing may I know if this still makes up a coherent pattern? If not which generation should I re-breed? The breeds are also haywire I think so should I change until i get the right breed with the right gender? 

3 hours ago, azurewingsofwind said:

I have a question since I'm already very much confused with my line. Before updating my standing may I know if this still makes up a coherent pattern? If not which generation should I re-breed? The breeds are also haywire I think so should I change until i get the right breed with the right gender? 

It is a perfect spiral lineage. A spiral alternates male and female bred dragons throughout. So your new egg would be due to be male to continue the spiral.

As I have said before, I am not really fussed about the breeds. Suit yourself if you think it looks better to keep the breeds "right", but I won't disqualify a lineage for that.

12 hours ago, azurewingsofwind said:

It's so fluffy! :D

On 6/20/2021 at 7:07 AM, rinoa26 said:

If you're asking for my pattern, I'm doing a spiral stair with alterning colours on the CB parents side, taking the offsprings colour as it comes in.

Oh my gosh @rinoa26, I see it now! XD I was not asking about your pattern because I thought I understood it. (I saw your note in the sign-up and thought I grasped it.) But now I realize I didn’t. It’s very clever! Don’t mind me, but I’m going to make my own note here so that I remember in case I want to try this someday! Your male cave borns, (I’m focusing for the moment on just the male CBs and not the females) alternate between light and dark. Ignoring the non-CB offspring color. Your female CBs, focusing only on them, ignoring the male CBs and non-CB offspring, do the same: alternate colors. I love it.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:07 AM, rinoa26 said:

I'm seeing a clear pattern for Lagies: it's a spiral stair with the bred offspring is m/f/m/f/m/f like your lineage is.

Oh my gosh, I see Lagie’s now also XD I was so focused on the breed. From reading, I get that the rules are a bit different for this game. When I was being mentored, I remember being taught that a Spiral lineage swapped male/female and breeds every gen (or every 2nd gen, 3rd gen etc.).

Thank you @purplehaze for explaining only the gender needs to swap.  Apologies @Lagie that I wasn’t seeing it; I was focusing on breed. 🙃

On 6/20/2021 at 8:25 AM, purplehaze said:

@missy_ Sorry for any confusion. I may have gone by a rather loose interpretation of the rules.

To me as long as the lineage pattern is consistent it is okay. So a spiral would need to switch genders for the bred dragon at each step. A double spiral would switch every other step. For a stair it would never switch. The breed doesn't really matter. My own lineage last year was a spiral, but the breeds just fell as they fell.

So with my lineage, I am trying to stick with consistently breeding Labradorites, swapping their gender each time. But if I got one of the other breed’s offspring, technically I could use it then? As long as I influenced it the opposite gender from the previous gen; i.e., kept the gender M/F/M/F for bred offspring? I don’t think I would want to do this, because it is not the lineage I am going for. I may not get very far in this challenge because of the lineage I chose, but it has been a lot of fun. :) :lol:

@BringsTheSnow I see yours now, also! Ignore me; I didn’t understand how this challenge works. :blush: 

Here are some random hippos for everyone’s viewing pleasure. alot alotalot (Random comment: I miss the days when mistyping “alot” gave a hippo; still love the hippos!)

It still does give one - alot As long as there is a space before and after it.

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

So with my lineage, I am trying to stick with consistently breeding Labradorites, swapping their gender each time. But if I got one of the other breed’s offspring, technically I could use it then? As long as I influenced it the opposite gender from the previous gen; i.e., kept the gender M/F/M/F for bred offspring?

As I have always understood it - yes. (and purplehaze even counted my disastrous first line in 2019 which went pearshaped and then got worse !)

10 hours ago, missy_ said:

So with my lineage, I am trying to stick with consistently breeding Labradorites, swapping their gender each time. But if I got one of the other breed’s offspring, technically I could use it then? As long as I influenced it the opposite gender from the previous gen; i.e., kept the gender M/F/M/F for bred offspring? I don’t think I would want to do this, because it is not the lineage I am going for. I may not get very far in this challenge because of the lineage I chose, but it has been a lot of fun. :) :lol:

That would be acceptable for the challenge. Whether it is acceptable to you or not is another thing. ;)

12 hours ago, missy_ said:

But if I got one of the other breed’s offspring, technically I could use it then?

Yup. I'm actually running two lineages at the moment, my official lineage for the challenge and the secondary 'follows the correct pattern' lineage, though I accidentally auto-abandoned the serrati but managed to have it returned. ;)

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That would be acceptable for the challenge. Whether it is acceptable to you or not is another thing. ;)

@missy_ You may as well stick with it - everyone gets a prize :lol:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/DJvz9

What Gen are you on now?: 8

13 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, probably not :lol:

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yup. I'm actually running two lineages at the moment, my official lineage for the challenge and the secondary 'follows the correct pattern' lineage, though I accidentally auto-abandoned the serrati but managed to have it returned. ;)

Smart idea!

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

@missy_ You may as well stick with it - everyone gets a prize :lol:

Yeah, I’m going to stick with this lineage. It’s difficult, but fun! And since everyone gets prizes, why not? ;)

ETA:   alot Oh my gosh, it did give a hippo. I added a space XD

~~~~~

Question about timing exactly when an adult grows up: it is not something I usually pay any attention to. but since we’re trying to get as many generations as possible in 20 weeks, I paid attention to it this time. I timed exactly 72 hours for the hatchling to grow up, but when that time arrived, it still said the hatchling had an hour to grow up. I just checked on it about 30-40 minutes or so later and it is now grown-up up. If it has plenty of views and is already gendered, at the time it reaches the 72-hour mark, shouldn’t it say 4 days and 0 hours instead of 4 days and 1 hour?

Edited by missy_

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

has plenty of views and is already gendered, at the time it reaches the 48-hour mark, shouldn’t it say 4 days and 0 hours instead of 4 days and 1 hour?

Maybe it hatched later than exactly 48 hours? (Just a guess...)

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Maybe it hatched later than exactly 48 hours? (Just a guess...)

I think I messed up. Isn’t it 72 hours from the time a hatchling hatches until it grows up? I edited my post above to reflect that. I think it’s 48 hours to hatch with incubate, then an additional 72 hours to grow up?

ETA: it is weird, though. It seems like once it reached 72 hours after the actual breeding time in my Action Log that it should have hit 4 days 0 hours instead of still being on 4 days and 1 hour. Because it was still at 4 days and 1hour, I couldn’t put it into any emergency hatcheries. I could only keep the hatchling in the regular hatcheries but not add it to any ER ones.

Edited by missy_

Just now, missy_ said:

I think I messed up. Isn’t it 72 hours from the time a hatchling hatches until it grows up? I edited my post above to reflect that. I think it’s 48 hours to hatch with incubate, then an additional 72 hours to grow up?

Yes. 2 days to hatch, three to grow up. (We really need a Vitamins BSA to speed up the growing. XD )

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes. 2 days to hatch, three to grow up. (We really need a Vitamins BSA to speed up the growing. XD )

A Vitamins BSA would be handy XD

23 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Question about timing exactly when an adult grows up: it is not something I usually pay any attention to. but since we’re trying to get as many generations as possible in 20 weeks, I paid attention to it this time. I timed exactly 72 hours for the hatchling to grow up, but when that time arrived, it still said the hatchling had an hour to grow up. I just checked on it about 30-40 minutes or so later and it is now grown-up up. If it has plenty of views and is already gendered, at the time it reaches the 72-hour mark, shouldn’t it say 4 days and 0 hours instead of 4 days and 1 hour?

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

ETA: it is weird, though. It seems like once it reached 72 hours after the actual breeding time in my Action Log that it should have hit 4 days 0 hours instead of still being on 4 days and 1 hour. Because it was still at 4 days and 1hour, I couldn’t put it into any emergency hatcheries. I could only keep the hatchling in the regular hatcheries but not add it to any ER ones.

Here is a screenshot showing the exact time that I bred them. So I expected her to grow up at 7:07 PM. I had her in every hatchery, but I couldn’t add her to the ER ones, because even after 7:07 PM, it still said she didn’t grow up for an hour.

C538C0C5-DF24-4025-A3AB-4F395C81B2DA.thumb.jpeg.3f791f72bf72db4d1e26802d421339b1.jpeg

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

I had her in every hatchery, but I couldn’t add her to the ER ones, because even after 7:07 PM, it still said she didn’t grow up for an hour.

It still may have been hatching time-related, as it's unlikely she hatched on June 25th at exactly 7:07 p.m.  Did you note her hatching time? Because growing up time would have been three days exactly after whenever that was (assuming she had enough views).

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

It still may have been hatching time-related, as it's unlikely she hatched on June 25th at exactly 7:07 p.m.  Did you note her hatching time? Because growing up time would have been three days exactly after whenever that was (assuming she had enough views).

*smacks head* Now that you mention it, I don't think I noticed her exact hatching time. That must have been it. For this project, I try to give them so many views that they will practically burst out of their eggs when the time is near. :lol: But I didn't write it down. That must be it; she must have hatched late. Thanks; I was trying to figure it out and missed the obvious. 

They don't necessarily grow up spot on time. I was even blitzing mine - which had plenty of views - at the end. Sometimes they just take that bit longer (damn them.)

Also never forget that it says "1 hour" right until the moment it says 0 - it shows 1 hour even when there are only seconds left to the 4 days.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They don't necessarily grow up spot on time.

And then there's me who went to bed forgetting to check on and breed my newly-grown up dragon. XD

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/Dws18

What Gen are you on now?: 10

And mine grew up overnight while I was sleeping!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/6BAqQ

What Gen are you on now?: 9

And sorry for not updating the standings this weekend! I will do it sometime today, but not include things that were posted after Sunday to keep it uniform.

Sighs. My 9g doesn't grow up till tomorrow....

On 6/27/2021 at 10:41 AM, purplehaze said:

It is a perfect spiral lineage. A spiral alternates male and female bred dragons throughout. So your new egg would be due to be male to continue the spiral.

As I have said before, I am not really fussed about the breeds. Suit yourself if you think it looks better to keep the breeds "right", but I won't disqualify a lineage for that.

Thank you for the clarification! I will keep breeding them as-is even though the breeds doesn't really follow xD

On 6/27/2021 at 7:34 PM, Lagie said:

It's so fluffy! :D

It is, isn't it?😆 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/0Ibfs

What Gen are you on now?: 6

Edited by azurewingsofwind