purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

Oops, I kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a while so I don't have much of a competitive chance here anymore but: 

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/FflsO

What Gen are you on now?: 7th

@Aqub EVERYONE gets a prize, so keep at it. You aren't last, either, with 7th gen, the last I looked !

(Cast Fertility) NOPE.

Spoiler

20210718_211947.jpg

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

This is how come I still live in hope. I have never (she said airily) known a PB BBW refusal....

On 7/16/2021 at 4:14 PM, Aqub said:

Oops, I kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a while so I don't have much of a competitive chance here anymore but: 

Almost anything can happen between now and the end of the challenge. And, as Fuzz pointed out, everyone who keeps going will get a prize.

8 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

(Cast Fertility) NOPE.

:(

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This is how come I still live in hope. I have never (she said airily) known a PB BBW refusal....

Bite your tongue! Don't jinx yourself.

Standings have been updated to here!

I haz a fail. Sigh.

Nice code, though ...

Ah, well. Looks like it will be a quiet week. Congrats to everyone who successfully bred this week!

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I haz a fail. Sigh.

The Labradorites failed you? Shame. :(

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The Labradorites failed you? Shame. :(

Yeah. :( Not sure if I will try that pair again next week, since maybe the same thing will happen. 

I suppose the good news is no staying up late at night waiting for an egg to hatch or a hatchling to grow up. :iraptor:   :lol: Still, I was catching up a wee bit ... :P

In other news:

We just passed the halfway mark! Ten weeks down and ten more to go. :D

Great - so at least I should get to a higher lineage than last time :) (I THINK...)

On 7/18/2021 at 10:21 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

(Cast Fertility) NOPE.

Hide contents

20210718_211947.jpg

@Long_Before_Sunrise you are not alone in having bad luck this week... mine REFUSED eachother 😭

Screenshot_20210721-103500_Chrome.thumb.jpg.249792b23b05f1220a6e9679488e5e72.jpg

Hmmmm Maybe I will breed a backup or two...

4 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

you are not alone in having bad luck this week... mine REFUSED eachother 😭

Did you use fertility? Always use fertility when breeding a pair for the first time. It greatly decreases the chance of refusals.

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Did you use fertility? Always use fertility when breeding a pair for the first time. It greatly decreases the chance of refusals.

No, I was a dumdum and forgot. I was so focused on waiting for an open egg slot that it completely slipped my mind. To be fair, I only have 4 Purple Dragons so this is not the first time I have forgotten Fertility exists.

14 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

No, I was a dumdum and forgot. I was so focused on waiting for an open egg slot that it completely slipped my mind. To be fair, I only have 4 Purple Dragons so this is not the first time I have forgotten Fertility exists.

Oh no!  >.<  I can breed you some purples.

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Eggie

What Gen are you on now?: 14

19 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

To be fair, I only have 4 Purple Dragons so this is not the first time I have forgotten Fertility exists.

I can breed you one, too, if you'd like.

On 7/21/2021 at 3:22 PM, BringsTheSnow said:

I can breed you Purples as well. So sorry this happened. Ever since TJ greatly increased the odds (is it 100% no fail rate now? Except for odd things like Turpentines?), I’ve found myself collecting them.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Hmmmm Maybe I will breed a backup or two...

@purplehaze I don’t want to jinx myself 😬 but I have done just this. Is it okay? I bred an egg from one generation earlier, I think. It is hatching in a day or so.  I figured it couldn’t hurt to try breeding it in case I have another disaster this week.  🙃 I haven’t added it to the “official” lineage yet because (a) it won’t increase my lineage count; I would still be on 11th gen but it would be a new 11th gen eggie.  Also, I wasn’t sure if it is okay to try this. I figured hopefully one of the two (either “new” 11th gen or “old” 11th gen) might breed me an egg if I get lucky. Knock on wood.  

If this is not okay, it at least gave me something to do while watching the grass grow this week! :P ETA: Thank you, purple!

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

@purplehaze I don’t want to jinx myself 😬 but I have done just this. Is it okay?

I don't see why not. You are still working from your original dragon and, as you say, it doesn't increase your lineage count.