purplehaze

20 Week Breeding Challenge: 2021

Welp, I accidentally auto'd my egg this week. Hopefully it'll find its way back. 😔

44 minutes ago, Chaosdawn said:

Welp, I accidentally auto'd my egg this week. Hopefully it'll find its way back. 😔

Oh no! :(

I see you have renamed the parents. Hopefully that works.

I have also bookmarked the egg to watch, but my track record of being around at the right time to hunt lost eggs isn't real good. Still, I will try.

Yes - me too and what she said. We seem to be doing very well on getting them back this year, though.

*touch wood*

That's great - I missed it. I always do.... Now I MUST remember to leave a space for my breeding later today....

You're welcome @Chaosdawn :D 

It was pure luck, really. It was the only Cloudplume on the AP and I was sure it already popped up some hours ago when it was night here. Picked it up anyway, just to be sure.

Glad I could return it back home, where it belongs :) 

@Chaosdawn yay, you got your egg back! Nice catch, rinoa26! :iraptor:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Lineage

What Gen are you on now?: 15

The high fail to successfully breed rate despite using Fertility has really messed up lineage.

I got a flat out refusal.

This is the quote I was trying to flesh out. 

Red” by Katie Knoll

(Before, we were blue. Bluer than robins’ eggs, bluer than the tiny veins in our wrists and some of our eyes. Even our skin was blue)

We have options, they tell us. We can be as we wish. Some of us want to be sharp as needles, mean as a cooking burn. Some of us want to be wind-strong or rough like the hands of our fathers. Some of us want to be quick, gracious, beautiful. Some of us want to hunt, or build. Some of us want nothing we know, something else entirely. We do not want to be like our mothers, because we already are, we have always been like them: fingers nimble, eyes sharp, voices strong to sing through the long stitching nights.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The high fail to successfully breed rate despite using Fertility has really messed up lineage.

This is the quote I was trying to flesh out. 

Red” by Katie Knoll

(Before, we were blue. Bluer than robins’ eggs, bluer than the tiny veins in our wrists and some of our eyes. Even our skin was blue)

We have options, they tell us. We can be as we wish. Some of us want to be sharp as needles, mean as a cooking burn. Some of us want to be wind-strong or rough like the hands of our fathers. Some of us want to be quick, gracious, beautiful. Some of us want to hunt, or build. Some of us want nothing we know, something else entirely. We do not want to be like our mothers, because we already are, we have always been like them: fingers nimble, eyes sharp, voices strong to sing through the long stitching nights.

I hope you won’t give up.  The quotes are lovely.  Maybe don’t worry about which breed it is and just make it a nice drake lineage using those quotes above. It really is lovely writing.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

With fertility ? That IS hard luck.

Without. But Fertility is not working like it used to. It just stops refuse. It doesnt appear to increase the chance of getting an egg any more than non-Fertility breeding. I've had like one non-Fertility refusal among pairs previously mated before December 2020.

I have never had a refusal after fertility. I think purple has had one with turpentines. I have found more than once that reluctant pairs have on occasion produced after I've given them a purple kick.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@Long_Before_Sunrise I'm really sorry you are having so much trouble with your breeding. But I agree with Missy -- please don't give up.

And do use fertility each time. It may not help (although I believe it does), but it can't hurt. And if you need more Purples I would be more than happy to breed some for you!

Edited by purplehaze

I messed up and influenced the mate for my next breeding wrong. So, I either wait for a new one to grow up or use and rename an old dragon, which I didn't want to do. :(

Go for it; you'll get over it ! (I had to rename a few for that date of release lineage...)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I messed up and influenced the mate for my next breeding wrong. So, I either wait for a new one to grow up or use and rename an old dragon, which I didn't want to do. :(

When I have to rename a dragon for a lineage I write down the name I am getting rid of and then reuse it on another dragon later. Only issue is if it is a desirable name you think someone else mighty take before you get that chance.