Nightwalkerkey

Leetle tree trading 1:1

Hello all, I have a request for once! 

I propose we be able to do a 1:1 swap for leetle trees. I can't see this affecting anything in game currently, since you would only be able to trade one if you have one, but make for potentially happier people meeting their scroll goals. 

The reason I suggest this is because I met a user who owns a tree with an all caps code, and I collect all caps codes. In addition, it has a date that I'm quite fond of and search out. Normally, I'd request a 2g from it, but since we can't breed leetles, I've come to the forums to open this thread. 

In a discussion, I also found other users who would be interested in trading them to try for special dates as well! 

In the end, whether or not it gets added (which I know would be a long shot), I would love to hear what others think about the idea.

I definitely agree with this idea, and I've also wanted to trade my leetle before for a date more personal to me. I understand that it may be difficult to implement such a function, since I'm not sure what coding dragons like Paper, Cheese, etc. have to disable the breeding functions, but I certainly second this idea! 

(I generally don't say anything in forums, just because I'm not quite certain about my words sometimes, but I decided that I really want to vote for this idea, whether or not it can ever be implemented)

While I would never trade my Leetle Tree (it has no special date/code to me, but I love it anyways) - I can see this making a lot of people happy if added, so I'd give it my support.

Of course if added we just have to hope that something like this doesn't open the flood gates for people wanting trades for other "scroll locked" items [ex. Different winged snow angels]

Not really for this. : /

Being restricted to Leetle Trees would mean that most trade inquiries would be asking one side to trade down. Most people who already have a Leetle Tree with a nicer code/date are probably not going to want to trade it for a randomly coded/dated Leetle Tree. Those who want a nicer code/date would probably be better off just releasing the one they have and hunting for a new one that they like more. (Just like some people already do for GoNs, which are also scroll locked and have a breed limit.)

20 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

If only that were possible.

Shoot, I didn't know that they couldn't be released. I've seen wild Leetles before, but I guess they were just from burned scrolls? (Or maybe they were releasable very early on?)

In that case, I would support them being releasable, but I stand by my original stance on trading them.

I can kind of see your point on Snow Angels, but this is kind of a different story since leetles are 1 per scroll, not breedable, abandonable, killable, etc. and don't really have much other value, since everyones looks the same. The difference is in the date/code. 

In terms of 'most people trading down,' if a user didn't want to trade it, simply don't trade it. If a user is indifferent, I feel like a larger portion of users would be happy to help someone. For example, if I have a cb female something and someone wants a cb male something, and I don't particularly need it, then I offer on their trade to help them out. Same with if someone on hub is asking for random bred things- I'll breed it for them to help them out, then usually ap whatever they had up. 

A 'nicer date or code' depends on the user- a lot of people, I have found, don't care about the date, more so the code. I can understand a code argument before a date one. 

I can see the next argument being harassment, however, just like anything (cb prizes, spriter alts, cb rares, etc), it's not tolerated and is reportable. 

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

6 hours ago, 11th said:

Most people who already have a Leetle Tree with a nicer code/date are probably not going to want to trade it for a randomly coded/dated Leetle Tree.

But not every code or date means the same to everybody.

E.g. my birthday is with a chance of 366 to 1 NOT your birthday.

Some people collect palindromic codes, z-coded, or they would enjoy a code that reflects a special person or item to them but doesn't mean anything to the person who owns it.

Either way, if someone doesn't want to trade their tree, they just won't - just like every other egg or hatchie they have. But why not enable it for those who'd do that trade?

On 11/16/2020 at 1:00 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Either way, if someone doesn't want to trade their tree, they just won't - just like every other egg or hatchie they have. But why not enable it for those who'd do that trade?

This exactly!

I don't see myself using this, but I support the idea, because I think it would be useful for others.

What Kairi said. I wouldn't - but I can see why people might, and it makes no difference to anything.

Same. I'm curious how many people would actually use this, if it would be 'worth it' to add such a very very niche feature.... But I have no reason to not support it, though I wouldn't use it myself.

I wouldn't use it either (my tree has a name code), but I see no reason not to support it.

I think it'd be useful. As is an only one per scroll thing I really would like one with my birthday and I might find one if that's possible!

Support, if only because there are those of us who have code goals. Some people like name-like codes, some people like z-codes, some people like all-caps codes... I'm trying to get a "fox" code of every breed... XD

Honestly I support this idea. Mainly because I know if I ever get a leetle tree, I'd want one from March 9th. It's a date that holds significance to me, and would love to have the opportunity for the one tree I own to be of a date that is important to me. 

Everything else can remain locked on them, such as killing, naming, breeding, releasing, but if we were able to trade them for other leetle trees it would be amazing. 

However, I do not agree with being able to release a leetle tree. It knocks down the novelty of the tree, because as this point, the tree feels like a mythical unicorn to me. It would be nice to get a leetle tree from the AP, but what really holds me back on agreeing is that users who do not have leetle trees could possibly get angry/hateful towards users who do have them and harassment them into releasing said leetle at specified times so that user can obtain said tree. Such arrangements could be made and it would take their novelty away, even if by the tiniest bit.

My last concern would be, if this ever gets made a thing; that the announcement has a reminder on a no harassment tolerance in the dragon cave rules and that such behavior will be reported. I worry for the mentality of the users.

The majority seems to be alright with it though, and so I support this notation. ❤️

Edited by ladyangeliki

1 hour ago, ladyangeliki said:

My last concern would be, if this ever gets made a thing; that the announcement has a reminder on a no harassment tolerance in the dragon cave rules and that such behavior will be reported. I worry for the mentality of the users.

A reminder about harassment is far more likely to stimulate such behaviour. Those who do it don't care, and it reminds those who might do it that they have that nasty option available.

Good point. It could serve as a reminder then anything else. 

Well, we can only stand together as a community and report the harassment. :)

I support this. Features don't need to apply to everyone — as lomg as some people would make use of it, which plenty evidently do, I definitely support this being possible.

I would never use it since I've had my leetle tree over ten years now, but I will support it.

I had a name for mine on a placeholder for many years and was finally able to name mine, so I have no problem with this potential change.

I feel like there would need to be other objects/creatures like leetle trees in order to make this a widely-used thing, but I don't see the harm in it, so why not? Support.