Jump to content
TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Screech said:

 

Gosh, how did you get the 'creepy voice maze' rune?

 

Trial and error! I just guessed that's what it meant when it said only the strong-willed could get through haha

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

First event wooooo! 🎃
I've got all the runes, but now that I'm at the runes puzzle all my brain cells are being drained

 

I'm stuck on that puzzle too...I suck at these types of puzzles!!! :(

Share this post


Link to post

All I've had as far was to enter my name and then this screen, hopefully its fixed soon! 

20201025_170608.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I'm stuck at the rune puzzle gate thing and I have no idea how to proceed @w@

Share this post


Link to post

Dang. I'm also stuck at the rune puzzle. Hopefully someone'll figure out what you need to do (and how!) by morning!

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

 

Trial and error! I just guessed that's what it meant when it said only the strong-willed could get through haha

honestly i am less than pleased with what i've seen of the puzzle design, trial-and-error really shouldn't be used for a puzzle that goes on this long, especially not with movement speed that low combined with areas that big. The shift thing doesn't help because you need to hit the shift key again every time you stop, if something is being treated as a run toggle it needs to truly, globally, toggle (not to mention that it's still too slow for how big the areas are).

Share this post


Link to post

image.thumb.png.637e2de18ef8ec459e79aa020b665de5.png

 

Yeah, I'm stuck at this, anyone know how to make it not do that? :c

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

honestly i am less than pleased with what i've seen of the puzzle design, trial-and-error really shouldn't be used for a puzzle that goes on this long, especially not with movement speed that low combined with areas that big. The shift thing doesn't help because you need to hit the shift key again every time you stop, if something is being treated as a run toggle it needs to truly, globally, toggle (not to mention that it's still too slow for how big the areas are).

 

Ah, I completely agree with that. It was definitely frustrating to just guess through it, but based one the dialogue it's possible that it's not completely guesswork, and there's actually a hint somewhere. Whatever the hint was, if it existed at all, I didn't see it, and only got through with guesswork.

The shift thing is definitely frustrating, though. No reason it should work the way it does right now imo

Share this post


Link to post

The gate puzzle is more frustrating for me...I'm clicking everywhere and am failing...

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

 

Ah, I completely agree with that. It was definitely frustrating to just guess through it, but based one the dialogue it's possible that it's not completely guesswork, and there's actually a hint somewhere. Whatever the hint was, if it existed at all, I didn't see it, and only got through with guesswork.

The shift thing is definitely frustrating, though. No reason it should work the way it does right now imo

Honestly if it was just one of my complaints that was an issue or this was the first year the Valkemarian Tales games had had serious playability issues I'd probably be less salty about it, but similar control issues have popped up in every single V. Tales game and it's very frustrating at this point.

Edited by Guillotine

Share this post


Link to post

Getting some Dead Cells vibes out of the design of our protagonist 🔥

 

I'm stuck though - it's frozen in the middle of the guard's dialog at the front of the city.

Reloading starts over from the beginning.

Edited by Ripan

Share this post


Link to post

I'm stuck trying to figure out the cauldron puzzle...would be nice to know if I was close to figuring it out. I'm only assuming that I'm interpreting the clues correctly. Otherwise, I am enjoying this.

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, pudley333 said:

image.thumb.png.637e2de18ef8ec459e79aa020b665de5.png

 

Yeah, I'm stuck at this, anyone know how to make it not do that? :c

stuck on this part as well, though the music comes in loud and clear. Whoever made the tune did a great job. I like it.

Share this post


Link to post

mine wont even load. 😕

i allowed flash and turned off my ad blockers. using newest chrome on pc.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, maybe these bugs will be smoothed out when I wake up? Off to bed, I managed to grab a few really nice messies in the AP already!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm ready to give up already.  I got thrown into prison, managed to get out the door, now stuck in that hallway.  I think I've banged against every part of it trying to get out.  And the backspace key doesn't work to let me go back and try something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, free_of_whip said:

I'm ready to give up already.  I got thrown into prison, managed to get out the door, now stuck in that hallway.  I think I've banged against every part of it trying to get out.  And the backspace key doesn't work to let me go back and try something else.

Have you tried:

Spoiler

going to the grate in the lower right corner and interacting with it?

That should do it.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Aethon said:

I'm stuck trying to figure out the cauldron puzzle...would be nice to know if I was close to figuring it out. I'm only assuming that I'm interpreting the clues correctly. Otherwise, I am enjoying this.

I'm having the same problem. I've tried so many combinations, my hair's turning frizzy🤦‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

Have you tried:

  Hide contents

going to the grate in the lower right corner and interacting with it?

That should do it.

Finally figured out how to do that--after many tries of not being able to figure out how to interact.  Thanks!

Edited by free_of_whip

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, made it thru the cauldron but now I'm stuck with that creepy "heh heh heh". Grrr

Share this post


Link to post

I'm now stuck there with the old boot. Interacting with it just shows me it's an old boot.  And there seems to be nothing else to interact with.  Also, if I go too far to the left, thewhole game freezes. It may be time to give up.

Edited by free_of_whip

Share this post


Link to post

Game looks really fun, tho it always freezes when I reach the city gates. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.