TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

3 minutes ago, Screech said:

Gosh, how did you get the 'creepy voice maze' rune?

Trial and error! I just guessed that's what it meant when it said only the strong-willed could get through haha

5 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

First event wooooo! 🎃
I've got all the runes, but now that I'm at the runes puzzle all my brain cells are being drained

I'm stuck on that puzzle too...I suck at these types of puzzles!!! :(

I'm stuck at the rune puzzle gate thing and I have no idea how to proceed @w@

Dang. I'm also stuck at the rune puzzle. Hopefully someone'll figure out what you need to do (and how!) by morning!

6 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

Trial and error! I just guessed that's what it meant when it said only the strong-willed could get through haha

honestly i am less than pleased with what i've seen of the puzzle design, trial-and-error really shouldn't be used for a puzzle that goes on this long, especially not with movement speed that low combined with areas that big. The shift thing doesn't help because you need to hit the shift key again every time you stop, if something is being treated as a run toggle it needs to truly, globally, toggle (not to mention that it's still too slow for how big the areas are).

6 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

honestly i am less than pleased with what i've seen of the puzzle design, trial-and-error really shouldn't be used for a puzzle that goes on this long, especially not with movement speed that low combined with areas that big. The shift thing doesn't help because you need to hit the shift key again every time you stop, if something is being treated as a run toggle it needs to truly, globally, toggle (not to mention that it's still too slow for how big the areas are).

Ah, I completely agree with that. It was definitely frustrating to just guess through it, but based one the dialogue it's possible that it's not completely guesswork, and there's actually a hint somewhere. Whatever the hint was, if it existed at all, I didn't see it, and only got through with guesswork.

The shift thing is definitely frustrating, though. No reason it should work the way it does right now imo

6 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

Ah, I completely agree with that. It was definitely frustrating to just guess through it, but based one the dialogue it's possible that it's not completely guesswork, and there's actually a hint somewhere. Whatever the hint was, if it existed at all, I didn't see it, and only got through with guesswork.

The shift thing is definitely frustrating, though. No reason it should work the way it does right now imo

Honestly if it was just one of my complaints that was an issue or this was the first year the Valkemarian Tales games had had serious playability issues I'd probably be less salty about it, but similar control issues have popped up in every single V. Tales game and it's very frustrating at this point.

Edited by Guillotine

Getting some Dead Cells vibes out of the design of our protagonist 🔥

I'm stuck though - it's frozen in the middle of the guard's dialog at the front of the city.

Reloading starts over from the beginning.

Edited by Ripan

I'm stuck trying to figure out the cauldron puzzle...would be nice to know if I was close to figuring it out. I'm only assuming that I'm interpreting the clues correctly. Otherwise, I am enjoying this.

49 minutes ago, pudley333 said:

image.thumb.png.637e2de18ef8ec459e79aa020b665de5.png

Yeah, I'm stuck at this, anyone know how to make it not do that? :c

stuck on this part as well, though the music comes in loud and clear. Whoever made the tune did a great job. I like it.

Well, maybe these bugs will be smoothed out when I wake up? Off to bed, I managed to grab a few really nice messies in the AP already!

I'm ready to give up already.  I got thrown into prison, managed to get out the door, now stuck in that hallway.  I think I've banged against every part of it trying to get out.  And the backspace key doesn't work to let me go back and try something else.

Just now, free_of_whip said:

I'm ready to give up already.  I got thrown into prison, managed to get out the door, now stuck in that hallway.  I think I've banged against every part of it trying to get out.  And the backspace key doesn't work to let me go back and try something else.

Have you tried:

Spoiler

going to the grate in the lower right corner and interacting with it?

That should do it.

19 minutes ago, Aethon said:

I'm stuck trying to figure out the cauldron puzzle...would be nice to know if I was close to figuring it out. I'm only assuming that I'm interpreting the clues correctly. Otherwise, I am enjoying this.

I'm having the same problem. I've tried so many combinations, my hair's turning frizzy🤦‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

Have you tried:

Hide contents

going to the grate in the lower right corner and interacting with it?

That should do it.

Finally figured out how to do that--after many tries of not being able to figure out how to interact.  Thanks!

Edited by free_of_whip

Okay, made it thru the cauldron but now I'm stuck with that creepy "heh heh heh". Grrr

I'm now stuck there with the old boot. Interacting with it just shows me it's an old boot.  And there seems to be nothing else to interact with.  Also, if I go too far to the left, thewhole game freezes. It may be time to give up.

Edited by free_of_whip

Game looks really fun, tho it always freezes when I reach the city gates. I hope it gets fixed soon.