TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

3 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I get to this screen and then can't do anything with it - the characters still seem to be in motion in the background so it's not entirely frozen, but no key seems to work to do anything. Using chrome on both laptop and mobile.

image.png.6ec5c66dda05ae1f80edaab1344af036.png

try to use the return command (e.g. tab on computer) and visit the 4 rooms first.

Edited by VixenDra

@VixenDra Seems to work on edge instead of chrome at least, thank you, will stick to that for now.

Edit: And thanks @Naruhina_94 too, I missed your post at first.

Edited by MissK.

1 minute ago, sh20000sh said:

Cauldron puzzle doesn't make sense for me. I can see one warm color stuff and two green things...

one is greener/cooler than the other.

Edited by VixenDra

Great, another game a thing I can't play on mobile bleh

Well, that didn't helped that much.

So, what I am thinking about it is right?

Flower + Water = Wood

Edited by sh20000sh

6 minutes ago, Dalek said:

Great, another game a thing I can't play on mobile bleh

Same :( I don't have a laptop/pc to play it with.

This is what I've got, up to the rune puzzle... assuming the solutions aren't randomized.

Spoiler

Going through the doors:
1. x O
2. x x x O
3. O x x x
4. x x x O
5. x O x x
6. x x O x

Cauldron (#1):
1. moonblossom
2. wormwood
3. water
4. trickster
5. scale

Mana orbs:
orange blue red blue

Rune Lock:
I had so much trouble with this. Had to go look up solutions to other puzzles, and this is the one that worked for me.
The order the runes change in: yellow - white - green - orange.
Treat it as solving the puzzle twice over. Pick a rune and call it "1" so that the rest are numbered in order (so, in my case, ye-1, wh-2, gr-3, or-4).
For the first run, consider 1 and 3 the state "on," and 2 and 4 the state "off." (So, yellow and green are both "on," and white and orange are both "off".)
Start on the top row. Click all of the "on" states just once as you move across the row, then move to the start of the second row. Do this for all rows.
Repeat this, starting from the top again. Eventually, you are left with only your "off" states (2 and 4).
Consider 2 your new "on" state and 4 your new "off" state. Use the previous method, clicking your "on" tiles (2) as you go down each row, BUT instead of clicking once, click TWICE for each "on" state (to make sure all the tiles are still either 2 or 4).
Eventually, all of your tiles should be 4.

Now I'm stuck on the first puzzle after the runes... The hints don't make nearly as much sense to me.

What I first thought about cauldron puzzle was right. Something was messed up before refresh the page, ugh...

1 minute ago, Teez said:

This is what I've got, up to the rune puzzle... assuming the solutions aren't randomized.

Hide contents

Going through the doors:
1. x O
2. x x x O
3. O x x x
4. x x x O
5. x O x x
6. x x O x

Cauldron (#1):
1. moonblossom
2. wormwood
3. water
4. trickster
5. scale

Mana orbs:
orange blue red blue

Rune Lock:
I had so much trouble with this. Had to go look up solutions to other puzzles, and this is the one that worked for me.
Treat it as solving the puzzle twice over. Pick a rune and call it "1" so that the rest are numbered in order (so, in my case, ye-1, wh-2, gr-3, or-4).
For the first run, consider 1 and 3 the state "on," and 2 and 4 the state "off." (So, yellow and green are both "on," and white and orange are both "off".)
Start on the top row. Click all of the "on" states just once as you move across the row, then move to the start of the second row. Do this for all rows.
Repeat this, starting from the top again. Eventually, you are left with only your "off" states (2 and 4).
Consider 2 your new "on" state and 4 your new "off" state. Use the previous method, clicking your "on" tiles (2) as you go down each row, BUT instead of clicking once, click TWICE for each "on" state (to make sure all the tiles are still either 2 or 4).

Now I'm stuck on the first puzzle after the runes... The hints don't make nearly as much sense to me.

thank you very much for all the solution! I'll use the last one

However... It worked differently for me! maybe there are multiple ways to sovle the puzzle!

4 minutes ago, Teez said:

Reveal hidden contents

Going through the doors:
1. x O
2. x x x O
3. O x x x
4. x x x O
5. x O x x
6. x x O x

Cauldron (#1):
1. moonblossom
2. wormwood
3. water
4. trickster
5. scale

Mana orbs:
orange blue red blue

Rune Lock:

the doors and orbs seem different from player to player, my first door was to the left and my orbs didn't need a red

and now I'm confused what rune alingment opens the door^^;

Edited by VixenDra

mmhm I completed the 4 puzzles and I'mt rying to open the rune door, but it seems I have only 3 colors? I dont see the green runes you mentioned. 

Spoiler

dddasfdaf.png.3ed5558c86886a7be5e6a6a1423c0465.png 

I'm sure to have solved the cauldron, the mana orbs, the chasing zombie dogs and even the infinte doors room. The cauldron only gave me a sentence that said: "as you place the final ingredient the cauldron start to bubble violently you hear a distant cackle from deep within the temple". It didn't show the final room with the rune like the others. Maybe I missed something?

Edited by Flemmeth

Ah, I wish my answers were more helpful, then. At least the doors can be brute-forced. (I know the doors at least were supposed to have hints, but I didn't pick up on any.)

@VixenDra As for rune alignment, it seemed to me that finishing with any of the runes should work as long as the grid was all the same rune. At least, that's how I interepreted the hints.

Spoiler

For my door, I picked orange/Desipis, if it helps.

@Flemmeth You are missing the cauldron puzzle. It doesn't sound like you solved it right.

I'm still stuck on the first puzzle after the rune door:

Spoiler

I don't know how I'm supposed to interpret the hints for cauldron #2.

My thinking has been:
- Jester Venom is probably #1, otherwise Puffball (are puffball mushrooms deadly?)
- Cinna Root might come before Sun Blossom (not sure how else to take "comes directly after its parents")
- "Loveliest" isn't helpful to me at all; my best guesses for #6 are Sun Blossom, Azure Scale, and Sacred Leaf
- Azure Scale could be #3 (for half of the list of 6), or could have to come after the Sun Blossom ("middle of the day")
- Sacred Leaf is #2, #4, or #6

Edited by Teez

4 minutes ago, Teez said:

Reveal hidden contents

For my door, I picked orange/Desipis, if it helps.

@Flemmeth You are missing the cauldron puzzle. There is a door past the first cauldron room that has the hints and ingredients. When you solve that, you should have all the runes for the rune door puzzle.

and which sentence does it display if I pass it? I made the potion of cauldron #1 and had the following sentence:

Spoiler

as you place the final ingredient the cauldron start to bubble violently you hear a distant cackle from deep within the temple

However it seems nothing changed.

nevermind, I managed, thank you very much!

Edited by Flemmeth

Aw man I'm awful at Mastermind games. I don't understand the white square and yellow dots - which is which, and what does their placement mean?

I solved it, but am left a bit confused. Yellow dots apparently mean right color right place. The placement of the dots/squares refers to positions, in order, top-left top-right bottom-left bottom-right.

What are the white squares then? "the color you used here goes elsewhere"?

DC Halloween 2020 Mastermind.jpg

What I thought about cauldron #2 was:

Spoiler

Jester Venom is #1, Puffball is #6.

Sun Blossom should be after both of sacred leaf and cinna root.

Azure Scale should be at #2 as there is no 'middle' in number 6. Considering first 3 is day and last 3 is night.

Sacred leaf should be #4.

...and didn't worked.

8 minutes ago, Flemmeth said:

and which sentence does it display if I pass it? I made the potion of cauldron #1 and had the following sentence:

Reveal hidden contents

as you place the final ingredient the cauldron start to bubble violently you hear a distant cackle from deep within the temple

However it seems nothing changed.

I don't remember the specific "pass" response, but:

Spoiler

I'm getting a similar line about bubbling violently when I fail the second cauldron; plus, I think the NPC with you (Runa?) should either go to the second room or be there when you get the first cauldron order correct, if I remember right? My memory is fuzzy on the aftermath.

edit: Glad you got it, Flemmeth! \o/

Edited by Teez

1 minute ago, SkylerFarrier said:

Aw man I'm awful at Mastermind games. I don't understand the white square and yellow dots - which is which, and what does their placement mean?

I solved it, but am left a bit confused. Yellow dots apparently mean right color right place. The placement of the dots/squares refers to positions, in order, top-left top-right bottom-left bottom-right.

What are the white squares then? "the color you used here goes elsewhere"?

DC Halloween 2020 Mastermind.jpg

Yes.

You can see in the most recent attempt the orange orb now corresponds to a golden circle, which means collect color correct place.

Your sequence is something-orange-black-black

Help!  I'm really stuck.  From the very first screen I walked to the right to the water, saw a head in the sand and I can't go back the way I came.  I've walked the perimeter from where you see me and I can't go anywhere.  I can't walk thru to the next screen.  I can't walk back to the first screen.  How to I reset this game?  I've tried a hard refresh but I'm still stuck.

2020-10-25_6-54-51.png.7a20d1bedbcf206665a46356c5187763.png

Edited by Pinch of StarDust
edit added screen shot of where I am in game

Hello there!

I'm also stuck in the rune puzzle, and I'd be nice that if someone manages to beat it, they would post it here.

For now, I'm just gonna give the solutions to all other puzzles thus far:

-Desert:

Spoiler

To reach the city just keep moving

-Escaping prison:

Spoiler

Interact with the lock, and then run to the right corner, and interact with it

-Sewers:

Spoiler

Go to the dragon, and go back to the boot. Pick it up, and visit the dragon again

-Museum:

Spoiler

Go up a few screens and then go right

-Getting to the excavation:

Spoiler

Go full north, and when you reach a mountain you can go up, turn left. If you go to the mountain and go left, you'll see a group of dragons. Go down and find them, and try to make your way up from near them

-The cave:

Spoiler

Just follow the path. You can interact with some stuff, but I've been unable to achieve something interesting.

-The excavation site:

Note that my information is about my game. I don't know if this changes from game to game

·Leftmost door:

Spoiler

Right door - Middle left - Middle right - Middle right - Middle right.

This is the most annoying of the four. It's all about trial and error as far as I'm concern

·Middle left door:

Spoiler

Flowers - Wood - Water - Hat - Scale

The most obvious hints state that the scale is the last one and the hat the forth.

"First and last warm colors" refers to the flower (has yellow) and the scale.

"Green between his parents" is the most confusing hint. The green thing has to be the wood, as the flowers can't be between any item. My guess was that, as the flowers and the wood were plants, the wood would be the "son", and the water could only go in one place.

·Middle right door:

It's a mastermind puzzle. You basically have to try and find out the order of the orbs. A yellow dot means that one is in the right place, and a white square, that some is not. Nothing means that none of the orbs are in the combination.

A trick for this game is to try and find some color that does not appear (you can do this by fully filling it with one color that does not make any marks) and then try to figure out were the orbs of ONE color go. Once you got that, you simply place every orb were they go and repeat the prices with another color until you have them all.

Spoiler

For me the solution was: Orange - White - Orange - White

·Rightmost door:

A small labyrinth, were the main threat are the "friends". You need to avoid touching the friends' lights

Spoiler

Pick the middle way and turn right as soon as you can (more or less)

-Final rune puzzle:

I have no clue!

I'm stuck here

image.png.859b3cf8a1289a14f731e5baefc364f7.png

and can't move, interact or anything...

I really enjoy the new trick and treaats as well as the game.

Unfortunatly teh game is not runnog stable. It often shows an error message. I had to do the temple with the couldron several times - each time nothng happend when the ingredients were added until it opend the door. The door riddle I had to do twice, somehow it forgot inbetween doing teh other temples that I already had that rune - that is a bit frustrating 😉

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm stuck here

image.png.859b3cf8a1289a14f731e5baefc364f7.png

and can't move, interact or anything...

Refresh - then it is gone. You need to to enter the other four doors first, befor you can do anything with this riddle :)

Edited by Shanthaia