TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Happy Halloween!

We're aware of the error in accessing the game - it will be fixed shortly, thank you!

4 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Awww. I got an error when I tried to play the game. 

ETA: I got as far as far as entering my name. Then it takes me back to the home screen. If I hit continue playing, it just shows me the list of commands.

Same here. Game broked. Dang.

I'm pretty sure I picked up an older treat a minute ago, popped up at the top of the scroll.

Hmm.  I started playing the game, and I got up to the screen with the boot in the sewer system.  But I can't seem to do anything beyond that.  Is the game glitched, or am I missing something?

gotta say, not jazzed about the game having at least three "lost woods" puzzles in pretty quick succession, especially since as far as I can tell all of them rely on raw brute force/memorization rather than having hints...

e: I think it would be less frustrating if your character moved faster and/or areas were smaller, as is my memory cannot actually last long enough for the temple lost woods puzzle.

Edited by Guillotine

YES!! Found my first messy of the season!! Wow, that didn't take as long as expected. 

YAY Halloween time!! I love the game so far! However, I've gotten to a point where it just freezes? Right after escaping from the prison, in the sewer on the 2nd screen I get a dialog that "somethings in the distance" and then cant play beyond that :(

10 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Hmm.  I started playing the game, and I got up to the screen with the boot in the sewer system.  But I can't seem to do anything beyond that.  Is the game glitched, or am I missing something?

I'm stuck here too. 

Just now, TaiomiFox said:

YAY Halloween time!! I love the game so far! However, I've gotten to a point where it just freezes? Right after escaping from the prison, in the sewer on the 2nd screen I get a dialog that "somethings in the distance" and then cant play beyond that :(

Same here.

Wait how are you guys playing the game? I'm just getting a black screen, I hear the music but see nothing but black.

It will be nice to collect old treats. I was without power for a long time after Superstorm Sandy, and my 2012 basket is almost completely empty compared to the others. I'd love to fill it up.

I'm able to get the game up and running but omg is it so painfully slow on everything!

I want to play the game like every event, but the character moves painfully slow, the running animation I feel should be the walking and the text that shows up....one letter at a time and each letter takes like a second for it to appear. The transitioning from one area to another is also just as slow, I feel it's going to take me 20 years to see this game's end by the rate it's going. ;w;

I really hope there's going to be a fix for this, it's more so very tedious and very time consuming to progress more so than it is fun atm....

Also, I'm really not meaning to come off harsh about this if it does, but this is seriously an issue for me that makes me not want to play as it's taking up waaaay too much of what time I have between two jobs to experience. I play at night before bed and this game, as much as I want to play and appreciate all the work our wonderful staff and artists have put into it for us to enjoy--I just can't till something is done with the speed of which it plays and texts appears.

Please do find a fix for this, I really want to enjoy the work put into this! <'3 

So excited to be able to collect old treats. I know there was a few years I wasn't able to finish. 

For the game I can't leave the original setting. Every time I hit the edge of the screen it freezes and I have to close and reopen the browser. 

1 minute ago, HollowSoul said:

I'm able to get the game up and running but omg is it so painfully slow on everything!

I want to play the game like every event, but the character moves painfully slow, the running animation I feel should be the walking and the text that shows up....one letter at a time and each letter takes like a second for it to appear. The transitioning from one area to another is also just as slow, I feel it's going to take me 20 years to see this game's end by the rate it's going. ;w;

I really hope there's going to be a fix for this, it's more so very tedious and very time consuming to progress more so than it is fun atm....

Also, I'm really not meaning to come off harsh about this if it does, but this is seriously an issue for me that makes me not want to play as it's taking up waaaay too much of what time I have between two jobs to experience. I play at night before bed and this game, as much as I want to play and appreciate all the work our wonderful staff and artists have put into it for us to enjoy--I just can't till something is done with the speed of which it plays and texts appears.

Please do find a fix for this, I really want to enjoy the work put into this! <'3 

For what it's little it's worth, the game launched with running. You can tap shift once as you walk to transition to running. You can also speed through text by spamming your interact key.

Also you can turn down the effects quality from the menu button on the right. It'll speed up performance.

Edited by Marrionetta

2 minutes ago, HollowSoul said:

Hello! Try hitting the menu in the corner and turning down the effects quality. That should help your performance. It's likely the machine you're playing on, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Marrionetta said:

For what it's little it's worth, the game launched with running. You can tap shift once as you walk to transition to running. You can also speed through text by spamming your interact key.

I've learned about running right fro mthe start--the running feels more like that should be the walking speed as even that's too slow to progress with...either that or the places you're traversing is just too large....the text speed though I didn't know you could do by spamming a key--even though I've tried that before and nothing happened. Guess I'll come back to it later when I have more time..

5 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Hello! Try hitting the menu in the corner and turning down the effects quality. That should help your performance. It's likely the machine you're playing on, unfortunately.

Does this mean that whatever was wrong in the beginning is supposedly 'fixed'? I'm still seeing a black screen, I hear the music but it's just a black screen with a few grey bars at the top that I think might be the menu but nothing happens no matter what I click or press. edit: I have cleared cookies/cache and hard-refreshed.

Edited by HeatherMarie

30 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

I'm stuck in exactly this spot, also - game freezes when I try to go any further. 

ETA: I got a Pumpkin Goobbue treat! Best spoopy wiggly boy

Edited by Daypaw