Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh my god. Lukas keeps wanting to go outside tonight.

Aww. Maybe the wrap's applying pressure making him think he has to go? Or could be, he's unsettled for some reason. Dogs can hear things we can't.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny. I need to do laundry, and to get a bunch of origami strung today.

Toppage, page 827! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone :3

We are all well rested now lol.

Today, we plan to go visit a friend of ours and his family for a parade, an antique show/sale, and a car show and then go out to dinner. It's chilly out but bright and sunny and beautiful.

Enjoy! That sounds fun!

I'm stringing cranes, picking out beads for bracelets, and reading. Not all at the same time, of course. :P

He eventaully settled down and left us a gift in one of the rooms this morning, since he didn't bother waking bestie and I up. *sigh* Dogs are wild man. Now we're back home and comfy with the cats! No more dogs to walk! ^^

Yay for home! :) Much as I like house sitting, and all the assorted pets, it is good to come home.

@Lagie It was delightful and so good to see our friend again (We haven't seen him in person since 2020!) The weather wasn't terrible, and our kids had fun together. Plus they have 6 cats and I got to love them all! They are all named after Marvel characters so we have: Vers, Drax, Gamorra, Fury, Korg, and Pepper. Vers is like a year and some change and the youngest, Pepper, is 4 months. They are all so cute!

@AsymDoll13 oof sorry the pupper was being a brat and yay for being home! We just got in ourselves. I need to clean the rat cage and shower but I'll do it in a bit.

not sure not much of this i've posted here, but i had a busy day and i feel quite accomplished. so back when we put our house on the market about a thousand years ago (okay, it was only July :blink:) we got a storage locker and i just boxed up stuff to get it off the shelves and out of dressers and closest (mainly my daughters’ stuff for the dressers and closets), and they ended up all over the place. and book boxes are heavy! XD 

anyway, we took all those boxes over to a storage locker. last month all those boxes came home, and we moved them into a POD. and i started to rebox them, or tape up the boxes much more securely than they were. and today i finished with the boxes in the POD. there are still some boxes in the shed, but not nearly as many. I’ll probably bring the boxes from the shed into the POD.

hubby and i also went over to Lowe's to get a few detectors - smoke and carbon monoxide.  turns out, they make 'em two in one, so instead of getting 4 detectors, we just got 2!  there's a form that went with the U&O on the township website that has a few more requirements - smoke detectors in all the bedrooms and hallways in the vicinity of the bedrooms; CO detectors in the hallways in the vicinity of the bedrooms; and house numbers bigger than 4 inches that are visible from the street.  we have house numbers already on the house, but they're hiding.  so we got different, stick-on numbers that are 5 inches tall and reflective, and those are visible from the street now.  figured we'd get that taken care of before someone asks about it so we can say YEP.

and now i'm tired. XD 

House number sizes? :blink:

Good grief.

We had rain after dark but it has stopped already.

The house I just stayed at was in Friday's paper!

Screenshot_20221009-203326.thumb.jpg.9ce99fc26ceb2a2f17e9c69290822123.jpg

From the right... patio, large window, indent, two windows. Those two are the bedroom I slept in (when the dogs didn't have me up!) and the bathroom.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The house I just stayed at was in Friday's paper!

oh wow!

but why was it in the paper?

House number sizes? :blink:

Good grief.

welcome to Falls Township! XD 

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

oh wow!

but why was it in the paper?

An article about a book about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor (King who abdicated...). They stayed at that house, the main building, I presume, while Government House was being renovated.

does anyone have the spreadsheet link for the encyclopedia helpers? I wanted to start working on getting that filled out and I can't seem to find it 

An article about a book about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor (King who abdicated...). They stayed at that house, the main building, I presume, while Government House was being renovated.

ah, interesting.

4 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

does anyone have the spreadsheet link for the encyclopedia helpers?

linkie <~~ hopefully that works for you

28 minutes ago, trystan said:

Oops. mistakenly quoted this. lol

35 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Like... the one who married the American lady or...? lol

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oops. mistakenly quoted this. lol

LOL... i'm amused ;) 

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

@trystan that did work, thank you!

yaay, you're welcome!

i have a link to the Zombie spreadsheet, if anyone needs that too. :D 

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Like... the one who married the American lady or...? lol

Yes. They were Governor and wife of the Bahamas for a while.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and butter tarts*

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Screenshot_20221008-164214.thumb.jpg.a313a52debfc4ba814cc9a68925144b9.jpg

Happy (Bahamas) National Heroes' Day! Formerly known as Discovery Day, formerly known as Columbus Day.

Bright and sunny. 

I now need to box the crane strings I strung yesterday so I can string some more.

All of that and, to those in the States, Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

Just came from walking with one of my friends. (One of the others is babysitting her grandsons today and the other is in New York for her daughter's wedding). We had a delightful cool, sunny morning and the trail borders an equestrian center's fields, so we saw lots of beautiful horses!

Happy National Heroes' Day!

Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

happy whatever! XD

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We had a delightful cool, sunny morning and the trail borders an equestrian center's fields, so we saw lots of beautiful horses!

Nice!

1 hour ago, trystan said:

happy whatever! XD

:D

I gave up on origami stringing when the beading thread kept slipping out of the needle. I've been making pompoms for mice, and prep-folding the next batch of cranes.

11 hours ago, trystan said:

Happy National Heroes' Day!

Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day!

happy whatever! XD

totally didn't know that was today until I read the news brief I get via email uwu

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. I have bill paying and food shopping to do today, hopefully all before lunchtime so I have the afternoon for more origami.

Good evening CPA! I came down with the covid - thanks dad - and feel absolutely rotten. The worst bit is the never-ending headache.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Hi Lagie! :) Brownies sound good right now!

12 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

and feel absolutely rotten. The worst bit is the never-ending headache.

Take care of yourself. Hope you are feeling better soon.