crosses fingers and toes that it passes

*does too*

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

We're going to have a good long discussion about boundaries tonight

Hope that goes well!

32 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've been trapped in the house for almost a week. I'm going to go insane. lol

Walks?

There are no more shop donations in my office. Finally. That's pretty much all I did all day, wheel donations across to the shop. Oh, and tell all the members about tomorrow's AGM.

Toppage, page 832! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

older daughter stopped by the house one last time tonight :blink:

movers come tomorrow. yikes.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

Yikes!

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Oh, and tell all the members about tomorrow's AGM.

??AGM??

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:
3 hours ago, trystan said:

Yikes!

i know, right? 🤯

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

??AGM??

Annual General Meeting

Legally, you are meant to tell the membership a month in advance, but I saw only it in last week's paper, since nobody bothered to actually tell me it was happening. It's when you present the annual report, the year's financial report, and elect the new Board. Since our President never follows proper procedure, she presents a slate of people instead of individuals, so the Board members seldom change.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

It's dark this morning. I don't usually have to turn lights on in the morning to read.

Chats went well and he realizes his mistake, but I think his time with us is coming to a close.

We did overtime on 3rd last night for the first time. never again. SOOOOO much chaos lol and getting home well after bedtime is not awesome.

I hope ya'll are having a good day (is cold and wet here)

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

We did overtime on 3rd last night for the first time. never again.

Do you get a choice?

Good question. I hope so.

Rain in the a.m. but mainly dry the rest of the day. The shop did well, but did we have have some argumentative and grumpy people around today.

On 10/18/2022 at 3:57 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

I think we were supposed to get the car back today, but it's still misfiring. I've been trapped in the house for almost a week. I'm going to go insane. lol

Too late. 

Misfiring like a mistimed piston or backfiring like too much gas in the exhaust?

22 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It's getting cold out there. 

I can warm you with my flames.

The final certification passed, and we will have the letter tomorrow! :D

The movers came and loaded up pretty much all our stuff. Hopefully what we do have left will actually fit in both our cars. you never realize how much stuff you have until you start packing it all up.. And we have a lot of stuff.  rephrase..... I have a lot of stuff.

Tomorrow we take the cats over to the boarder, and then we move out ourselves. 🤯 (All the stuff we have left should hopefully fit in the car!)

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

(All the stuff we have left should hopefully fit in the car!)

🤞 Hope so!

After all you have been through with this move it is good to see you getting close to the end. :)

35 minutes ago, trystan said:

Tomorrow we take the cats over to the boarder, 

Make crating them a first priority. They're like quail. They see the first one go and the rest scatter.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

The final certification passed, and we will have the letter tomorrow! :D

The movers came and loaded up pretty much all our stuff. Hopefully what we do have left will actually fit in both our cars. you never realize how much stuff you have until you start packing it all up.. And we have a lot of stuff.  rephrase..... I have a lot of stuff.

Tomorrow we take the cats over to the boarder, and then we move out ourselves. 🤯 (All the stuff we have left should hopefully fit in the car!)

whooo! home stretch!

*sigh* need to start picking up my life again...

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Too late. 

Misfiring like a mistimed piston or backfiring like too much gas in the exhaust?

I can warm you with my flames.

*checks self for a jumpsuit with a name on it* Dunno? I'm not a mechanic. I don't even drive. Cars are scary. 

And thanks, but we ended up walking today. Wow. I'm out of shape. Whew. But I got a coloring book! 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

Tomorrow we take the cats over to the boarder,

I totally read that as 'over the border' XD

Yay for the home stretch!

AGM went well, though I was late getting into it as both my laptop and Zoom had to do updates. :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I totally read that as 'over the border' XD

Yay for the home stretch!

lol!!

The only borders we're crossing are county borders XD

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

🤞 Hope so!

After all you have been through with this move it is good to see you getting close to the end. :)

thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Make crating them a first priority. They're like quail. They see the first one go and the rest scatter.

oh yes.  As Lagie, I believe pointed out when we took everyone over to the airbnb, it was like a dress rehearsal. And it really was. XD

2 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

whooo! home stretch!ll

yes, finally! :)

Edited by trystan

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Do you get a choice?

to a degree. Boss lady will come up and ask which day you want (we all take turns picking first so it's not always the same people getting to take the best days first) Usually, we have the choice between 4 hours before our shift or 4 after. Ben and I usually take before. Most weeks we only have to take 1 day but we have several people out right now so we've had to double up.

SO what happened is that Boss Lady asked what day I wanted, I chose Monday. She then came back around after every made their first selections and asked me what my second day was going to be, but all of the day shift slots were full, so we got stuff with a 3rd shift OT slot. It was our first one since we started, gotta say, not a fan.

BUT, my 30 day review was stellar! I was one of the very few that got all top marks AND Boss Lady says I am a "very good worker!!"

Today was rough, my machine was just NOT having it at all lol

@trystan WHOO HOME STRETCH!

4 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

BUT, my 30 day review was stellar! I was one of the very few that got all top marks AND Boss Lady says I am a "very good worker!!"

Alright! Great news.

So it sounds like you might mostly be able to avoid the overtime shift you don't like?

Mostly, yes. It's not COMPLETELY avoidable, but I shouldn't have to do it too often.

AND a good chunk of our co-workers have told us they like working with us and think we are amazing workers and picked up learning the different positions really quickly :3 Made me feel goodf

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Excellent!

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

AND a good chunk of our co-workers have told us they like working with us and think we are amazing workers and picked up learning the different positions really quickly :3 Made me feel goodf

And yay for good coworkers! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

I have a luncheon and mini fashion show to attend today. The fashion show is of items from my thrift shop and was coordinated by one of my volunteers. Weirdly, I really have no desire to go. I think in part it's the "omg too many people in too small a space, and no mask mandate now, plus we'll be eating, and I can't get Covid," and in part it's that the last time I attended one of this organization's functions, they were rude and dismissive and my brain assumes that, nine years later, they won't have changed. :rolleyes: I keep trying to reassure myself all will be fine.

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I keep trying to reassure myself all will be fine.

I hope it will be.

I understand the thing about crowds, though.

Our church just started up fellowship hour after the service where everyone packs into the lounge without masks and chats and eats. I have been skipping it, even though I would love to visit with people. Then in our weekly email we found out that someone who was at the service last week tested positive for Covid. They were not at the fellowship hour after, but still it just drove home to me that the danger is still out there.

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

@trystan WHOO HOME STRETCH!

woo hoo!

we got the official certification for the electric!

today is a travelling day: the cats go to Pet Castle, and we go to Pittsburgh.

it's exciting and daunting, too.

(and it also means that i have some (many?) almost 6-hour car rides in my future :blink:)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

the last time I attended one of this organization's functions, they were rude and dismissive and my brain assumes that, nine years later, they won't have changed. :rolleyes: I keep trying to reassure myself all will be fine.

oof, i get that.

it's also kinda the reason i never went to any HS reunions..... i didn't want the people who teased and picked on me to think we were best friends after not being in school with each other after like 5 years.  so i never went.

{{hugs purple}}

there's a UU congration about 40 minutes from our new place.  i have to adjust a few things, maybe after the new year, and see about checking it out.  (one being, do i want to get up at 9 a.m. on a sunday XD  another being does the timing of working in the afternoon work out?)

Edited by trystan

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

hope it will be.

Well, the event was a success! People were friendly. Now to wait and see how the Covid thing progresses, or doesn't (hopefully).

9 hours ago, trystan said:

today is a travelling day: the cats go to Pet Castle, and we go to Pittsburgh.

Safe travels!

The shop did well without me. The fashion show was a success and the luncheon tasty. I'm now very sleepy and it's too early for bed.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Well, the event was a success! People were friendly. Now to wait and see how the Covid thing progresses, or doesn't (hopefully).

Safe travels!

The shop did well without me. The fashion show was a success and the luncheon tasty. I'm now very sleepy and it's too early for bed.

woo, nice :)

my baby went on an adventure and found a friend o:
somehow I feel accomplished