Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Fingers crossed you'll avoid it.

Our shelter manager arranged for a community nurse to come in to give tetanus jabs to any of the staff that wanted one (this was a while back now). Of course, he scheduled it for a time I wasn't there, and, of course, it wasn't announced in the staff chat or I would have come in the hour earlier to be there. And why had he scheduled it in the first place? Because I had asked if it was possible. And who did he neglect to tell??? Sometimes our shelter manger is very annoying. So I still haven't had my booster, and I'm way overdue.

*crosses toes too* XD 

your shelter manager needs to work on his communication skills, methinks..... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, trystan said:

*crosses toes too* XD 

:)

your shelter manager needs to work on his communication skills, methinks..... :rolleyes:

He really does. He starts conversations in the middle of thoughts, he doesn't pass on infomation he's asked to, and he's gone for more 'vacation' days than all the staff put together. He's already used up this year's allotment and then some, and now he's gone this week and next as well.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

He really does. He starts conversations in the middle of thoughts, he doesn't pass on infomation he's asked to, and he's gone for more 'vacation' days than all the staff put together. He's already used up this year's allotment and then some, and now he's gone this week and next as well.

yikes.

can he be replaced?

Just now, trystan said:

yikes.

can he be replaced?

I wish.

But... we have just hired an 'executive manager' which is a position technically higher than him so we'll see where that goes. Plus it's the guy I had a set-to with about masks a few weeks back, so I'm really not happy with his addition to the staff.

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I can understand why you are disappointed, but it isn't worth hurt feelings, I think. After all she did try to contact you while you were asleep and couldn't reach you. Just try to find another time soon to see her and don't mention it again.

t's fine now. I think I was having a S.A.D (seasonal affected disorder for those who don't know) episode cuz gloomy changing of seasons day. We still hung out and I saw her yesterday AND will be seeing her again this morning for errand running together. We're trying to squeeze in as much time as we can before bad weather and/or I move. Plus I adult better with company.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

maybe you can have a chat with your new 'executive manager'?

If I liked or even respected the man, I'd consider it, but since the set-to about the masks in which he was extremely rude (he was a Board member at that point), I stay clear of him.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Greyish start to the day. I don't mind grey. It's rain I'd rather avoid, at least until my shop closes for the day.

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Plus I adult better with company.

:)

Good morning, CPA!

Sunny and cool. Should be a good day to finish fall cleanup in my garden, etc.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

If I liked or even respected the man, I'd consider it, but since the set-to about the masks in which he was extremely rude (he was a Board member at that point), I stay clear of him.

So you've got an "executive manager" that is no better than the ordinary manager? How on earth do people like that always end up as managers?

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

So you've got an "executive manager" that is no better than the ordinary manager? How on earth do people like that always end up as managers?

Very good question!

Lots of stress-y people shopping today. Patty did sooo much better on cash than I would have! :P

Anyone else love the Great British Bake Off? Or just me and Bestie? lol. We're watching the new season, and it's fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

oh. good point.

so.  i've gone through all the boxes in the POD and the shed, and they're all ready for the movers on wednesday.  we're having friends over tomorrow afternoon, and we're bringing the furniture from upstairs down, so that the cats have some rooms they can stay in and not get underfoot when the movers are here.

shortly, we're going to my inlaws for a visit and to bring some of older daughter's stuff to her as well. :) 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Anyone else love the Great British Bake Off? Or just me and Bestie? lol. We're watching the new season, and it's fantastic. 

I enjoy it when I'm able to watch! Have fun.

that the cats have some rooms they can stay in and not get underfoot when the movers are here.

Sounds good!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
4 hours ago, trystan said:

that the cats have some rooms they can stay in and not get underfoot when the movers are here.

Sounds good!

especially since some of them like running around outside, too!

especially since some of them like running around outside, too!

Oh. They'll miss that for a bit, I guess.

Oh my goodness! Lookee what I just found! :o

Screenshot_20221015-220230.thumb.jpg.42697dad0f6e5058cbece15da57dbd18.jpg

Edited by Lagie
Z code! *squees*

11 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Oh. They'll miss that for a bit, I guess.

yeah.  they'll be fine.

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

oooh, purdy!

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Congrats!

It must be a day for Silvers. I got Silvers from 2 of the 4 pairs I needed them from today.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Congrats!

It must be a day for Silvers. I got Silvers from 2 of the 4 pairs I needed them from today.

My silvers spent many years not dropping silvers, so congrats on yours!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

How am I supposed to do my laundry when the person in charge of opening the washhouse doesn't do so? It's supposed to open at 8. I got there shortly after and waited around for about fifteen minutes before returning home.

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

How am I supposed to do my laundry when the person in charge of opening the washhouse doesn't do so? It's supposed to open at 8. I got there shortly after and waited around for about fifteen minutes before returning home.

Well, that is frustrating!

I did laundry yesterday. Today is defrosting the freezer after I get home from church.

*grabs a waffle!* Thanks, Lagie! :D

Just now, purplehaze said:

Well, that is frustrating!

I did laundry yesterday. Today is defrosting the freezer after I get home from church.

*grabs a waffle!* Thanks, Lagie! :D

Happy defrosting!

And you're welcome! :)

There's a first-bred silver in the screenshot thread (after a gazillion pinks) so yesterday was definitely silver day! ;)

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

you can do laundry at my place! :D 

small shopping trip this morning, and organized my meal planning and figured out what dishes and what-not i'd need, and did some kitchen packing.  it's down to the kitchen and my clothes and stuff that's left to pack.

.... and that one more certification, that i HOPE happens tomorrow.  the closet was fixed up to create a space as the township wanted, and a permit was applied for.  our buyer :blink: was the one that did the work on the closet space, and he said he was going to talk to his realtor about getting the inspector back out on monday.... so we shall see.

It's always one more thing, it seems, @trystan. Is this the last of it?

The beep beep cruuncchh cruunncchh of the roadworks is back.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's always one more thing, it seems, @trystan. Is this the last of it?

yep.

and it !@#$%^&* better be the last of it!

(settlement is friday! 🤯

Just now, trystan said:

yep.

and it !@#$%^&* better be the last of it!

(settlement is friday! 🤯

Fingers crossed for Friday!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

The beep beep cruuncchh cruunncchh of the roadworks is back.

Lovely!

57 minutes ago, trystan said:

settlement is friday!

Hope all goes smoothly from here on out. You have had enough stress over this move.

Freezer is all defrosted now. Didn't even find any surprises in there that I had forgotten about. There is some stuff in there that has been around long enough that it needs to get used soon, though. Hubby and I probably don't really need that big freezer any more, but I would never survive with only the little freezer section of the refrig.