Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

9 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm guessing they're good memories, Lagie?

Mostly! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny so far. I need to make a physio appointment. I seem to have dislocated another rib. :blink: Something really hurts back there.

Good morning!

*fixes a cuppa*

Well, I'm tired this morning, but because of a scare I got last night. Decided to put out the recycling after what happened last week (I'd decided to put the bin out in the morning, because pickup had been around noon since I moved here - so the pickup came at 6:15 am last Wednesday) and when I came back in, the more adventurous of my fuzzy employers decided to shoot through my legs and explore the great outdoors. At 11:00 pm, and she's a dark tortie, so can we say totally camouflaged in the dark shrubbery around the building?

Thankfully, I heard her rather distinctive rusty meowing just a few minutes after I'd given up on finding her for the night and gone back upstairs, so I started calling her and she came flying up the stairs and ran right inside as soon as I had the door open.

But you can bet I was on too much of an adrenaline rush to have a prayer at going to sleep for a while after that.

Good morning, CPA!

It rained yesterday with thunder and lightening in the morning, so needless to say our tree guy did not come to cut the tree. He should be here this morning.

I actually had a fairly productive day yesterday. Lots of adulting. Ran over to church to drop off the cookies I had baked for the lunches, stopped at the post office to get stamps I have been needing for ages, stopped at the garden center and bought a tree which the tree guy will pick up and plant for us on Saturday, and then stopped by to visit a friend who is getting radiation therapy for breast cancer. I had intended that to be just a short visit, but found when I got there that her daughter had taken her husband to the ER with stroke-like symptoms 2 hours before that. So I sat with her for a couple of hours while she waited for word. Turns out they could find nothing wrong and he is to follow up with neurologist.

morning all.

boss is out - she has to go somewhere with hubby today, so she won't be in. XD

catstaff - i know what that's like.... one time early last year, at night, and just about bedtime, our grey tabby Harvey got out, and he scurried on to our back deck.  of course, he's one of the cats that we can't pick up, so.... oof.  we finally got him back inside and i don't really remember how that happened, other than completely random.

i know exactly how he got out.  right outside the back door are our trash cans, and hubby has always just opened the doors, leaned out, and tossed whatever trash out into the cans.  (meantime, i would maneuver one of our recycle bins so that it would block the back door and no one could just run out. hubby just has to do things his way, right?)

but - now that we put up that screen-wall, it turns that little bit of right outside the back door into the catio, so if they run out, they can't get far. XD

purple - yaay for adulting! :D

i've been sorting through my CDs and DVDs, and tonight it'll be my video tapes, to see what's going out for a yard sale this weekend (and subsequent weekends as well).  by default, i'm keeping anything that's a copy and not the original.  hopefully people will want disney movies? XD i have a LOT of tv shows and things recorded, so i can't put those out for sale.  i'll probably also get started with our cassette tapes - all the rage in the early 90s, those were! :blink: i have a lot of mix tapes and copied albums there too.  i'm keeping my radio show tapes though!

and today, i'm stalking for more CB Nebs again.....i'm halfway through my list of names, which means i'm looking for 10 more.  but 2 will work for now. XD my 20W challenge hatchie grows up tonight, so i'lll breed her and her mate then! the creep is real - i started out my first egg at like 7:30 p.m. or so, and now i'm breeding them at just about 8 p.m. yikes.

42 minutes ago, trystan said:

hopefully people will want disney movies? XD

They do at my shop! ;)

3 hours ago, catstaff said:

But you can bet I was on too much of an adrenaline rush to have a prayer at going to sleep for a while after that.

Yikes! Glad you found her!

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

actually had a fairly productive day yesterday.

Yay!

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ran over to church to drop off the cookies

My brain tried to tell me that said 'ran over the church'. :blink: XD

Skipping out from the shop and having my tea peacufully while I can. Next week, I'll be missing too many volunteers to do so.

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:
1 hour ago, trystan said:

hopefully people will want disney movies? XD

They do at my shop! ;)

heh.  these are on video tape!!

3 hours ago, trystan said:

heh.  these are on video tape!!

Some of those sell, too! I have two or three people who check the videos out. Once they've seen them, whatever's left gets tossed, alas.

Thanks for the discussion of video tapes, you reminded me that I have to replace one last one with a DVD, as the old VCR finally died on me. Of course, it was old enough to legally drink in the US, so I suppose that's not too entirely surprising!

In other news, my dragons decided to be cooperative this week - got my second-to-last egg for one lyrical lineage yesterday, and just finished another lyrical lineage (including ALL the renaming) less than five minutes ago. 🥰

50 minutes ago, catstaff said:

In other news, my dragons decided to be cooperative this week - got my second-to-last egg for one lyrical lineage yesterday, and just finished another lyrical lineage (including ALL the renaming) less than five minutes ago. 🥰

Yay!

I got a Chrono again today from the pair that I bred for my lyrical lineage -- but that was what I actually wanted this time! XD I'm sure the dragons didn't know that. I have a couple of days to wait to breed the one pair that I really need to squeeze an Aeon out of. Can't go any farther now until I get that one.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yay!

I got a Chrono again today from the pair that I bred for my lyrical lineage -- but that was what I actually wanted this time! XD I'm sure the dragons didn't know that. I have a couple of days to wait to breed the one pair that I really need to squeeze an Aeon out of. Can't go any farther now until I get that one.

Oh yeah, that's so annoying when you need a specific breed out of a pairing, and they throw a dozen of the breed you don't want! And it's worse when the two breeds look to be similar in rarity going by market prices, and yet they persist in giving a zillion of the breed you don't want before they deign to grant you the one you want. I mean, yeah, if I'm trying for a metallic checker, I know it'll take forever. But Boreals and Royal Blues both cost 100 shards in the market, so I'd have expected *slightly* more equitable breeding results than THIS. (Ignore the names, I use generational placeholder names until the lineage is complete, in case I forget to use fertility and get a refusal and have to split up some pairs.)

I wish we had that much money to spend on rent. lol. That's pricey. 

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Some of those sell, too! I have two or three people who check the videos out. Once they've seen them, whatever's left gets tossed, alas.

i'll probably do this yard sale a few weekends when i have off.  i'm also looking into see if recycling video tapes is a thing - i have SO MANY tv shows i recorded, but i don't want to just toss the tapes, y'know?

i went through my cassette tapes today too.  we have a LOT! :blink:

yaay for proper breeding, cat and purple!

my 20W challenge pair gave me an Antarean today. 🤷‍♀️  so next week, i breed him with an Antarean (to keep the CB Antareans as i want them), and then i breed her with an Elux Lucis.  i have a few extra CBs, so we'll see how that goes down the line.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I wish we had that much money to spend on rent. lol. That's pricey. 

I mean.....

gratz on successful breeding!

bleh, this headache is just persisting. I mean it's getting better but it still lingers @~@

so, timing.  we've decided that we need to make a decision by 4th of July weekend where we want to move to - stay in this area, or head out to Pgh. gah! :blink:

43 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

bleh, this headache is just persisting. I mean it's getting better but it still lingers @~@

I understand this on a spiritual level tonight. Sigh. 

2 hours ago, trystan said:

so, timing.  we've decided that we need to make a decision by 4th of July weekend where we want to move to - stay in this area, or head out to Pgh. gah! :blink:

ugh 😧

well, hope you're able to work/figure it out with not too much stress...

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I understand this on a spiritual level tonight. Sigh. 

'^'

*virtual hug*

.....yeah, idk what I need. probably food, sleep, and liquids? I just finished my water, had to put the sweater back on, slowly started feeling better....*le crai*

9 hours ago, trystan said:

have SO MANY tv shows i recorded, but i don't want to just toss the tapes, y'know?

Yeah. Those are the hardest to toss. I have dozens of self-made videotapes. (All of DS9!)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I want my rib to stop hurting.

9 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

well, hope you're able to work/figure it out with not too much stress...

thanks.

stress. ugh.

i'm of VERY mixed feelings. *sigh*

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yeah. Those are the hardest to toss. I have dozens of self-made videotapes. (All of DS9!)

mostly mine are Forever Knight, First Wave, and early Supernatural.

as i was telling hubby yesterday, and he understands as well - it's like in the 90s, we had NO idea about blu-rays or streaming services (or even the sketchy website i use...) and there's something about keeping them to have, y'know?

i got a Neb from Snow!!  i had to rework my 20W lineage, so i'm caught up with the number of Nebs i wanted to get. so now i'm stalking for Nebs and maybe Antareans. we'll see.

Edited by trystan

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm of VERY mixed feelings. *sigh*

Understandable. Hope things work out well, whatever you decide.

Guys who cut our tree yesterday also trimmed our bushes out front, so I finally got out there this morning and got a bunch of mulch down.

I need to work on my garden to get the weeds out, but it was way too hot by the time I finished mulching. It will have to wait some more. Wish we could just eat weeds, since that is about the only thing that is doing well. I had beautiful pea vines with lots of little baby pods and then the rabbits bit them all off at the bottom! That was really heartbreaking.

thanks purple.

i'm very good at seeing both sides to things, and i'm VERY good at waffling. XD

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

Are you my twin?

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Are you my twin?

i find i have a LOT of twins, too! XD

1 hour ago, trystan said:

thanks purple.

Well, I'm another one of your twins.

But I have to know, are you also good at pancake-ing and French toasting? 🥞🤣

heeheehee

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

oooh pancakes and French toast.... yummmmm

2 hours ago, catstaff said:

I used to be, but since my aunt passed away, I am no longer her sous-chef. She prepped. I cooked.

The shop day seemed quiet but we brought in over 800 so the sales did well! Why are the current batch of teenagers so useless? The community service student today kept having to sit down as she felt 'so weak'. :blink:

Toppage, page 759! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!