Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan *Hugs!* Just take it one step at a time. And breathe!

thanks. {{hugs}}

yep, gotta remember to breathe.

and pet cats :)

7 hours ago, trystan said:

thanks. {{hugs}}

yep, gotta remember to breathe.

and pet cats :)

Both! (Did you see the sign?)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny. The dog is missing his people so he's a bit calmer this morning. I don't expect that to last. This house has a pool so I'll be swimming later!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Both! (Did you see the sign?)

d'oh, silly me, of course in did.

but I guess i don't read very well. :D

yaaay for swimming!

it's raining here, and I'm off to work in about 20-25 minutes, see y'all later!

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

d'oh, silly me, of course in did.

but I guess i don't read very well. :D

XD My cats aren't indoors so it's not applicable to my house.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

it's raining here, and I'm off to work in about 20-25 minutes, see y'all later!

Hope work goes well! Stay dry!

So... tired...

*Slides in for waffles* Thanks, Lagie! :)

Good morning, CPA! Another gloomy-looking day here with some severe storms threatened for this afternoon/evening. Disappointing because today was originally predicted to be the good day of the weekend. Nothing much planned for today except church this morning.

You're welcome, purplehaze!

Enjoy church! Hope you stay dry!

I need to pay my phone bill, but the Metro billing service is down~ A day in my life. lol. I'm so tired. 

Well, I made a mistake today. I went into a Joann Fabrics alone.

See, I was hoping they had different size shadow boxes than Michael's did, because I decided that's probably going to be the best way to display my autographed drum head from Nightwish. However, I'm taking my niece and her friend to the Ren Faire in a couple of weeks, and I wrecked the last of my old Faire garb a few years ago. (It had stormed pretty badly, and I slipped in the parking area - a field - and landed on my bum in a mud puddle. Pale blue dress, reddish-brown mud, I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like! Pre-treatment plus five washings later, the stain still didn't come out, bye-bye dress.) No biggie, I just go wearing normal clothes like the majority of visitors, right?

Joann's was having a sale on sewing machines.

So, one sewing machine, six yards of fabric, thread, new sewing shears, pins, and a few other useful items later, I have a new project for the next couple of weeks.

And the place didn't even have the size shadow box that I need. I'll probably have to get it done custom.

off to work fot the last of the three day work weekend. I am so, so tired lol Hoping it goes better than yesterday. Please send me well wishes and good vibes!

Lots of love to you all and have a great day/evening!

seems to be raining a lot of places o:

*just wants to stay in and sleep w/o any worries*

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I need to pay my phone bill, but the Metro billing service is down~ A day in my life. lol. I'm so tired. 

Life... ;)

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

Well, I made a mistake today. I went into a Joann Fabrics alone

XD (Did you see trystan?)

Craft stores are dangerous places.

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Please send me well wishes and good vibes!

*sends, and brownies*

18 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

*just wants to stay in and sleep w/o any worries*

Sleep sounds good.

I managed to get my laundry in just as the rain started. It only rained lightly for about fifteen minutes and then stopped.

17 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Life... ;)

XD (Did you see trystan?)

Craft stores are dangerous places.

*sends, and brownies*

Sleep sounds good.

I managed to get my laundry in just as the rain started. It only rained lightly for about fifteen minutes and then stopped.

Craft stores are indeed dangerous. No idea if I saw trystan or not, though - I didn't see any black cats in the store. 😁

It spit rain here for about half an hour this morning, and it's just been humid and cloudy since then. Forecast says rain for sure, possibly thunder overnight.

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Please send me well wishes and good vibes!

Hope work goes well for you!

2 hours ago, catstaff said:

Joann's was having a sale

Say no more. Those are dangerous words. Good luck with your project.

Too bad you couldn't get the right size shadow box.

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

seems to be raining a lot of places o:

In spite of the gloomy early start to the day, it didn't rain much here at all. Sun came out and we had a pretty good day after all.

After waiting all weekend, tree guy just now called and said he'll be here in 15 minutes to give us an estimate.

And to add to the phone thing, the cat just sneezed on my arm. lol. Darn life. xD

@Lagie - i petted some cats and talked to hubby. i'm feeling better.

also, Lagie, @catstaff, @purplehaze - i will be the FIRST to tell you craft stores are dangerous places.... i work in one!! *looks at all my yarn, decor, other random stuff* uhm..... yeah. XD 

and i don't believe catstaff would have seen me, i don't think she lives in PA, and i haven't figured out how to be in two places at once! XD 

i did work today, and then i helped a lady with some crochet, and i think she'd got it figured out how to proceed, so that's all good. :D 

26 minutes ago, trystan said:

i will be the FIRST to tell you craft stores are dangerous places.... i work in one!!

I used to work in a fabric store. I never brought home much of my paycheck! XD

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I used to work in a fabric store. I never brought home much of my paycheck! XD

i used to work at a small fabric store, and JoAnn's bought them while i was still there.  i ended up leaving a little but after that for a better job, but i did work at JoAnn back in the day though XD 

honestly though, i don't spend all that much at once at Michael's, but it adds up over time.

Edited by trystan

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

honestly though, i don't spend all that much at once at Michael's, but it adds up over time.

It's like LEGO. You buy one set and it's not so much... next thing you know the living room is overflowing! XD

My first ever 24-hour challenge entry at one of the LEGO groups I belong to:

Screenshot_20220611-172310.thumb.jpg.e84a60078c7e7ed7efb8fc208a1849dc.jpg

The theme was Paint Chip Poetry. Several paint chips were presented. You could use the name or the colour to inspire you. The name of the colour I chose was Buttercup Field. ;)

(So far I have two votes; I'm second-last. :P )

43 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's like LEGO. You buy one set and it's not so much... next thing you know the living room is overflowing! XD

hm. actually, i have one set, and that's it XD 

43 minutes ago, Lagie said:

My first ever 24-hour challenge entry at one of the LEGO groups I belong to:

oh very cool!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sleep sounds good.

I need to do laundry, but I need to first find a place for the clean laundry which is so unmotivating

haha, I haven't been to a craft store in ages, but I won't deny the risks one takes when entering one.

same with book stores

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

After waiting all weekend, tree guy just now called and said he'll be here in 15 minutes to give us an estimate.

As I feared, his recommendation is to totally remove the tree at this point. It has several more dead limbs and he feels that we would just continue to have to deal with that until it finally dies completely. I will miss it, but he is probably right. We do plan to plant another in its place, but it will not get that big in our lifetime. That tree is at least 45 years old.

😞

sadly it happens, nothing lasts forever, though I guess for a tree that is fairly young.

Aww. Sorry about the tree, @purplehaze. I'm glad you'll be planting a new one, though.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny, cloudy, thundery, mosquito-y today. I had to cut our morning walk short due to the thunder.

@trystanNope, I'm in CT, just moved up from MD. Last time I was in PA was in February, to see Bruce Dickinson's Spoken Word tour at the Fillmore in Philly. The man tells a great story, and my question got picked for the Q&A portion of the evening, which was also cool. Took some extra time getting out of there, though, as Google driving directions didn't like some of the construction zones and weird intersections in the area - frustrating as heck, I could see the interstate, but I couldn't find an on-ramp going in my direction to save my life!

The sewing project should go fairly easily, as it's a simple tunic-style dress, very loose and just worn belted. Plenty of room for less-than-straight seams with it still being wearable in the end. It actually won't look too different from some of the sundresses and coverups that can be found in the cheaper stores, style-wise, except that the shoulders will be fully covered - which is important to me, since I have lots of Irish in my ancestry (one grandparent on each side was born to immigrant parents) and I burn if I think too hard about going out in the sun!

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

frustrating as heck, I could see the interstate, but I couldn't find an on-ramp going in my direction to save my life

XD Mom and I had the reverse problem when we drove from Toronto to Vancouver many, many years ago. We had breakfast in Kenora, Ontario, and lunch in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We had planned to stop for the night in Regina, Saskatchewan, but couldn't find an off-ramp into the city, so ended up carrying straight on to Saskatoon! (The plan was always to go north there, just not that same day. We arrived in a swarm of mosquitoes.)

Driving toppage, page 756! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!