Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i was stalking for Nebulas... and i got one - right at the end of my day! :D 

7 hours ago, catstaff said:

*indulges in a brownie*

Now that makes me wish I still had cable - which Doctors?

Day of the Doctor (10, 11, War, old 4) yesterday. Timeless Children (13) today.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

My computer mouse died

Ooh, frustrating. Hope you get another soon!

I need to squeeze my car into this driveway behind the gate for the night. Cars in this neighbourhood are being broken into regularly.

35 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Day of the Doctor (10, 11, War, old 4) yesterday. Timeless Children (13) today.

ooh fun!

have you seen Legends of the Sea Devils yet?  and is it october yet? i think that's when the next episode airs! :) 

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

ooh fun!

have you seen Legends of the Sea Devils yet?

Yes! I saw it twice over Easter weekend. It made a bit more sense the second time.

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

and is it october yet? i think that's when the next episode airs! :) 

Yes, I think you're right.

9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yes! I saw it twice over Easter weekend. It made a bit more sense the second time.

that makes sense.  sometimes it all congeals at the end, but if i can, i'll rewatch it, and the pieces at the beginning make sense.  (American Horror Story is a prime example.  it airs at 10 and then again at 11, so i'll finish the episode, and then watch just the first few minutes of it again so it all make sense.)

Are you watching the live MSNBC thing tonight?

No can do, unless it's streaming online for free. I ditched cable when I moved because i just don't watch enough tv to make it worth the cost.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hmmm, quiet day in CPA!

I was out most of the day lol

My best friend is down a vehicle right now and her partner needed the remaining one to go to work, so we went and adulted together in Ben's SUV, then went swimming, then I had therapy, and then we binged Netflix for a bit. Now all the things are done (well, until I do laundry again later) and I'm just relaxing for a while. Ben is still asleep because he stayed up waaaaay too long. I am trying not to nap because we work the 3 day weekend starting tomorrow and if I throw my sleep off now, the rest is gonna suck big time lol

Gonna go browse the trades/cave and check my other sim games before I log into ARK (video game) and work on that for a bit.

56 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Are you watching the live MSNBC thing tonight?

yep! we have on ABC,

33 minutes ago, catstaff said:

No can do, unless it's streaming online for free. I ditched cable when I moved because i just don't watch enough tv to make it worth the cost.

it's supposed to be streaming on NPR (npr.org), but i don't see it anywhere yet

i'm also putting dragons in hatcheries and stalking for Nebulas

I FINALLY GOT A SCOURGEKEEPER!!! My solo Bard was successful! (after SEVERAL failed solos attempts with other dragons/breeds)

9 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I FINALLY GOT A SCOURGEKEEPER!!! My solo Bard was successful! (after SEVERAL failed solos attempts with other dragons/breeds)

Congrats! :)

35 minutes ago, trystan said:

yep! we have on ABC

Gut wrenching, isn't it? :(

15 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

*fwee* congrats!!

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Gut wrenching, isn't it? :(

it is.  and scary in some parts.

and i'll bet nothing will actually come of it. *sigh*

42 minutes ago, trystan said:

My worst fear. And that the Republicans will manage to turn it to their advantage somehow, by convincing their followers that it was nothing and Trump is being persecuted. Or something. While it was happening and for a day or so after, everyone knew how appalling it really was, but then...

agreed.

heard (probably) on NPR that former presidents aren't usually criminally or civilly prosecuted.... but then again, there's never been a former guy like this one.  in more ways than one.

He believes that he is above the law, and so far that has proven true. Let's just hope things change.

yeah, but a lot of people are afraid of change and enjoy the "old" ways. a bit sad really.

on a different note, my bf and I happened upon this group called "Save a Fox" and we've been watching their videos. so cute (and we finally know what foxes sound like)

6 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

yeah, but a lot of people are afraid of change and enjoy the "old" ways. a bit sad really.

that's no reason for some states to go backwards on basic human rights......

maybe this goes in the American Politics thread.

i've stopped stalking for the night.

i'm off from work tomorrow, and i'll be doing some errands during the day. tomorrow night, my 20W challenge hatchie grows up and i can breed him! guess i ought to use fertility on his mate! :D 

Edited by trystan

I understand that, but again, the mentality  of those individuals is "why change something that was 'good'" not realizing that it isn't. I'm not saying what they're doing is okay, but their way of thinking is just vastly different.

honestly, I felt it would be easier at this point if the united states split up since the schism between ideals has just become so great, but that does pose its own problems economically and on the global standpoint. sadly, I would not be surprised if there's another civil war.

wooo for day off!

All hail the dragon God! I sacrifice one supreme pizza for my two dragons to breed! 

BY THE POWER OF MUSHROOMS, PEPPERONI, SAUSAGE, BELL PEPPER, OLIVES, FETA CHEESE, PINEAPPLE!!!!!

13 minutes ago, galleri said:

All hail the dragon God! I sacrifice one supreme pizza for my two dragons to breed! 

BY THE POWER OF MUSHROOMS, PEPPERONI, SAUSAGE, BELL PEPPER, OLIVES, FETA CHEESE, PINEAPPLE!!!!!

Got the wrong dragon. I think next time I will just offer a cheese pizza. 

17 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

their way of thinking is just vastly different.

this is certainly very true.

17 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

sadly, I would not be surprised if there's another civil war.

if there is, i'm moving to a blue state.  PA is so weird - republicon state government and right now a Dem governor.  and i really hope the governor elected in november is the Democrat - the other guy is a retrumplican through and through

16 minutes ago, galleri said:

this made me laugh!! XD 

I brewed a pot of coffee, since I am up early.

*sets out coffee, juice, and croissants -- until Lagie gets here!*

Was up at 4 a.m. to take daughter and her hubby to the airport. They are on their way to AZ and will spend a few days with my sister in Phoenix and then head to Sedona and the Grand Canyon, among other places.

Hubby has a dental cleaning this morning, so I will stay up long enough to get him sent off and then see if I can sleep. I am actually quite wide awake at this point.

Hopefully we will get hubby's car back today. It has been in the shop since Tuesday. Among other things it needed the brake lines all replaced. It is a 2000 Saturn that he loves (and I hate!) and will spend whatever it costs to keep it running.

Yay for early airport runs! Hope your daughter and her hubby have a great trip.

And good luck getting your hubby's car back today!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out more coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and chocolate croissants (since @purplehaze did the regulars! ;) )*

I'm packing my things and loading the car as I go home today, just for one night, then out to a different house tomorrow.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

it is.  and scary in some parts.

:(

13 hours ago, galleri said:

Got the wrong dragon. I think next time I will just offer a cheese pizza. 

It was the pineapple. That's where you went wrong. Even omnivorous dragons draw the line somewhere. 

16 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Congratulations. I haven't gotten a G1 yet, but I did trade for a 2G PB. https://dragcave.net/lineage/5hMzm