Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

@Lagie - red fire gem hours are 1, 4, 7, and 10, a.m. and p.m.  i'm also stalking the AP.  doesn't have to be CB; messy/inbred works too. XD 

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Actually, some places have a way to gently strip the dye from the hair now so it CAN be used for cancer wigs.

oh interesting.  i don't think Hair Cuttery does that though.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Guys~ Today was guinea pig weigh day!

yaay! they sound cute, too!

finally added a CPA banner.  it's not my fave from the page that has the banners, and i kinda wonder what the other tinypic banners were.  but, it works for me.

also - me!

Spoiler

4S47dJh.jpg

and over the weekend at work i got a Ghost Dragon! :D  (finally uploaded the pic)

Spoiler

E03dByB.jpg

edit: my !@#$%^& Aemon kitty! i refreshed the AP, and there was a Green Fire Gem!  and then Aemon jumped on my table and laptop, and i couldn't click, and so i missed it. boo :P  but he's just too cute!

Edited by trystan

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

only want one, maybe 2 lol

Good luck. I hope it/they come when you're ready. Cookie can see you through in the meantime.

I'm 57. Babies are not in my future, even if I still had the plumbing. XD Nice pics (you look a little like Sock!).

2 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

noted! :D 

;)

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

always moving (DUNCAN) or sleeping (Kristopher). lol

Duncan Jones

Kris Woo

Aww, very cute! :)

Nice dragon, @trystan!

I can do PB 2nd gens, if that helps at all (and if they produce).

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

they're adorable!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Nice dragon, @trystan!

I can do PB 2nd gens, if that helps at all (and if they produce).

thanks!

2G works. i mean, i have 2 Green Fire Gems myself, so i could breed them, but i like the low-time eggs of the AP XD 

edit: bah, i gave up and just bred my Fire Gems. :P 

hullo Rygel: https://dragcave.net/lineage/DPsVd

Edited by trystan

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

edit: bah, i gave up and just bred my Fire Gems. :P 

hullo Rygel: https://dragcave.net/lineage/DPsVd

Very nice!

It's been raining almost non-stop since 10:30 this morning. Sigh.

Sunshine would be appreciated. Though it's sunset time here. There's a thunderstorm warning posted for my island now.

how about some moonshine then? XD 

ooh, stay safe if you get the storm!

man, that sucks 😧

guess it is hurricane season though........since I moved back to Washington I stopped keeping track.

Yeah, it's hurricane season, and the rainy season, but the last few years have not been this rainy. We flood more now, too, due to the amount of construction and tree levelling and concrete. At high tide, there's nowhere for the water to go.

59 minutes ago, trystan said:

XD

I'm actually finally watching Rachel!

31 minutes ago, Lagie said:

yaay! we are too. 

14 minutes ago, Rainn said:

Personally, if I actually knew what I was doing and  needed a leg up or ask a question once in awhile, I would certainly help them to the best of my ability.

you can always PM when questions pop up, i'm not bothered by PMs.  i may not get them right away (i do sleep sometimes XD), but i will get to them.

and that's for anyone else as well :) 

i'm sorry your first person didn't work out, Rainn {{hugs}}

1 hour ago, Rainn said:

I do NOT want to get  in trouble here, but I have a grievance. When I started playing, a someone  that has been playing many years, said they would be able to mentor me. They are in the mentoring project. Long story short, I didn't even learn that I should have reds, pinks, and purples and why. I asked about the cave and how to know which egg to take and she said by the way it was  written. Uh ok. I wasn't told about the identification page, I wasn't told about the AP, I thought I could only raise one dragon at a time. Finally, I came upon a long time member that explained to me about the reds, pinks, and purples. This kind person explained about how to use them, and where to look for my egg limits. I'm tellin ya, I knew zero about how to play. So since I never heard from my "mentor" again, I just have been trying to figure out what to do day by day. I read here someone said what time certain dragons are released, and I've seen dragons that I've never seen before. Personally, if I actually knew what I was doing and  needed a leg up or ask a question once in awhile, I would certainly help them to the best of my ability. To me, a mentor is someone you can rely on for needed information and new information about dragons that are not in the cave. Anyway, I've never seen them except on other peoples scrolls. A mentor is a mentor forever. They become a friend, and help guide one through the workings of the cave. Up until they both agree that you got this. Which could be a quick study, or a long time. It's a job that one takes on not knowing how this person will do, if they decide to stay. Just because they have a  mentor  star or whatever on their scroll. Doesn't mean they really are ready to put in the work.  I believe that there's peoplee that quit playing just because they can't figure it out. Please don,t say oh.. I'll help you. I'll be your mentor. I'm over it. 

Now that you've got that off your chest, I suggest you just let it go and forget the person.  Who knows what came up in their life?  Others can help you, so just keep reaching out and asking questions.  You can always send me a message. :) Life's too short to be angry at somebody on the internet--there's a wonderfully friendly community here on the dragon cave forums, we got your back.  Welcome!

EDIT: geez, my mind is elsewhere, I totally forgot what thread I was in

what is "Rachel"? o:

Edited by WaterScorpion

11 hours ago, trystan said:

Yes Please! lol

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

O.o that's my irl name! *check behind to see if I has a stalker* lol

4 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

what is "Rachel"? o:

The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC. It used to be Mon - Fri. Now it's just Mondays.

Sorry your mentoring experience didn't go well, Rainn/ @Tchazzar. We're all happy to answer questions if you have them. Do you need reds and pinks? I dropped a bunch of reds to the AP a day ago or can breed you some pinks.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's still raining. We're the island blob right in the middle of this image:

Screenshot_20220607-070643.thumb.jpg.2b1d9c192853ce8193c253c249f939e2.jpg

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good luck. I hope it/they come when you're ready. Cookie can see you through in the meantime.

I'm 57. Babies are not in my future, even if I still had the plumbing. XD Nice pics (you look a little like Sock!).

Yeah, I love her and couldn't ask for a better kid tbh 

Thanks lol I love and miss Sock!

When you all were talking about Fire Gems it reminded me why I always have this tab open on my phone XD:

https://leviathan.thorngale.net/dragon-tools.php

It keeps me up to date with all the time based mechanics and has graphics that are easy for me to follow. I also have the icons in my signature.

@Tchazzar did you just change forum name? I am very sorry your mentor was a dud. That sounds like a horrible experience. You can always reach out to us at CPA for help, but I'm guessing you figured that out by now. ;) I am open to random PMs as well and happy to assist with breeding or catching dragons you need.

12 hours ago, Tchazzar said:

I do NOT want to get  in trouble here, but I have a grievance.

You will not get in trouble for stating a legitimate grievance. I am very sorry for your bad experience. I hope your bad mentor was not me. (You have changed user names and profile pictures so often that I no longer know who you started out to be.) You have sort of made me rethink my approach to mentoring, though. I used to give a sort of tutorial to new players that I mentored, but I often got an "I already know that!" sort of response from them, so I sort of fell back to just asking them if they had questions. Perhaps that isn't a good approach, either, though since they may not know what questions they need to ask. Thank you for your post, which hopefully will make me a better mentor in the future.

I do take the Mentoring Project very seriously, though, and I would like to continue this conversation with you in private. Will be sending you a PM later today.

37 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

When you all were talking about Fire Gems it reminded me why I always have this tab open on my phone XD:

https://leviathan.thorngale.net/dragon-tools.php

yep, i have that bookmarked on my laptop, as well as in an email with other helpful and fun links as well.  and links to the hatcheries and auto-refreshers as well.

36 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Raining...

stay dry!

i'm stalking for Nebulas today.  i'm just a little further down my name list with my Antareans, so i want the Nebs to catch up. XD

10 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

@Lagie I hope you have a boat! 

I wish!

The rain has finally stopped, after more than 24 hours. Whew.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I last posted here. How is everyone? :) Oh, and open the spoil if, and only if you want to solve a mystery!

CATpng vf n serr vzntr ubfgvat freivpr jvgu frireny ohvyg va srngherf, fhpu nf na vzntr pbzcerffbe naq erfvmre gung pbzrf va unaql sbe jura gur vzntr lbh jnag gb hfr nf lbhe cebsvyr cvpgher vf gbb ynetr. Yvxr jung lbh frr? Fvta hc sbe serr gbqnl! Lbh'yy trg npprff gb n inevrgl bs zrzoref-bayl crexf, fhpu nf gur sbehzf (jurer lbh pna nfx zber rkcrevraprq hfref sbe uryc), gur juvgrobneq (jurer lbh pna perngr neg bs lbhe bja, naq fraq bguref gur yvax gb lbhe juvgrobneq gb yrg gurz qenj, gbb), naq gur vaivgr yvax gb gur bssvpvny Qvfpbeq freire! Vs lbh ernyyl yvxr jung lbh frr, jul abg ohl n Cheroerq fhofpevcgvba? Gurer ner frireny bcgvbaf, naq lbh pna pubbfr jung srngherf lbh jnag naq jung barf lbh qba'g jnag, fb lbh bayl cnl sbe jung lbh hfr!

Hey guys! The Orkin man made it! He made it to GA and not in Arkansas or Oregon or wherever it was. lol. The cats are confused, and the piggies wanna make friends. lol

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hey guys! The Orkin man made it! He made it to GA and not in Arkansas or Oregon or wherever it was. lol. The cats are confused, and the piggies wanna make friends. lol

XD Silly Orkin man. Glad he finally made it.

2 hours ago, RegalPlumewing said:

is everyone?

Doing well, thanks! The rain has finally stopped.

i keep grabbing Antareans.  i just got two CBs from the AP, so woot!!

but i'm now four ahead in my names list!  i want to get more CB Nebs! XD 

Edited by trystan