Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

48 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It was the pineapple. That's where you went wrong. Even omnivorous dragons draw the line somewhere.

But... but... that's the best part! It was the feta cheese, not the pineapple, really!

14 minutes ago, catstaff said:

But... but... that's the best part! It was the feta cheese, not the pineapple, really!

We will never know what went wrong really :P

It was the gremlins...

Home.

Finally one of my Chrono/Aeon pairs gave me the egg I needed! https://dragcave.net/progeny/qJ9ar The other still gave me yet another Chrono! At least this egg has a mate waiting. Not sure if I need them to give me an Aeon or a Chrono -- will have to check my lineage plan.

And I was able to get out and get a new mouse for my computer. Whew! Using the touch screen is too much like work. I don't know how people do it all the time.

I cannot cope with touch screen on my laptop. I've adapted to the whole phone thing but laptop? Nope. Glad you got a mouse (and an aeon!).

hey everyone!

i was off today, but i did a bit of running around with some errands, and then i caught up on my tv shows from last night that i recorded.

now i'm waiting another 3 minutes (says my spreadsheet) for Leo to grow up so i can breed him for the 20W challenge.

also misclicked on a Cloudplume.  *sigh*

@catstaff no, I gotta agree with @Long_Before_Sunrise on this one, it was probably the pineapple. however, I guess one can't really know unless you go through all the iterations of the pizza toppings you listed until you find out which one (or ones!) turned 'em off.

I honestly don't care for olives, but I find it acceptable as a pizza topping (though I'd either pick them off or avoid it altogether).

Friday Friday yah yah yah! *does a happy dance*

I like olives on pizza. And mushrooms.

My 'Friday' is Saturday.

Olives are the devil's salty food. I dislike them immensely. lol

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Olives are the devil's salty food. I dislike them immensely. lol

*makes a note of that*

I'm honestly willing to give most pizza toppings a shot. One of these years, I WILL get to Finland, and I can't wait to try Pizza Berlusconi from Kotipizza.
220px-Pizza_Berlusconi_in_Lauttasaari.jp

It's topped with smoked reindeer, tomato sauce, cheese, chanterelle mushrooms and red onion. Named for former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who caused a minor diplomatic incident in 2005 when he complained about having to "endure" Finnish cuisine and made jokes about Finns eating marinated reindeer. Amusingly enough, Kotipizza won the America's Plate International pizza contest in New York City in March 2008 with Pizza Berlusconi, beating the Italian-Americans, who came in second place and the Australians who took third.

All I can say is, this looks delicious!

Ooh, I've never had reindeer. When we all come to Finland, that's what we'll try for dinner!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Early morning rain has everything wet but at least the sun's out now. I am setting off soon to pick up doughnuts for my Saturday crew.

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Ooh, I've never had reindeer. When we all come to Finland, that's what we'll try for dinner!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Early morning rain has everything wet but at least the sun's out now. I am setting off soon to pick up doughnuts for my Saturday crew.

I've never had reindeer either, but if it's anything close to venison, I'll enjoy it.

So, for the Finland trip, summer for music festivals, foraging, and hiking? Or winter for skiing, the aurora borealis, and jumping in the snow from the sauna? I'm down for either or both! I'd have killed to have gone to Rockfest this year, two of the three headliners (Nightwish and Iron Maiden) are my two favorite bands ever, and the third headliner, the Scorpions, makes my top ten bands list. And that's not even counting the number of other bands I'd have loved to see.

*grabs some bacon and eggs* Thanks for the breakfast! Glad the sun's out, and I'm sure your crew appreciates the doughnuts. 😋

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

So, for the Finland trip, summer for music festivals, foraging, and hiking? Or winter for skiing, the aurora borealis, and jumping in the snow from the sauna?

Either is fine! ;)

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

Thanks for the breakfast! Glad the sun's out, and I'm sure your crew appreciates the doughnuts. 😋

You're welcome!

Only one other ate the doughnuts, and they seem, oddly, to have been day-old ones. But tge one other was pleased with the Boston Kreme! :D

Sun left, rained, returned, rained, and returned again. Thankfully, the furniture was picked up during one of the sunny spells.

I've finished paying off my mortgage! *happy dance*

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Congrats!

Cool, cloudy and raining off and on today.

Tree company was supposed to come and look at our big maple tree today, but I guess the rain kept them away. A large dead branch came down a few days ago and I can see at least one more up there that I would like taken down before it falls, since it would most likely land in our neighbor's fish pond!

19 hours ago, catstaff said:

I'm honestly willing to give most pizza toppings a shot. One of these years, I WILL get to Finland, and I can't wait to try Pizza Berlusconi from Kotipizza.
220px-Pizza_Berlusconi_in_Lauttasaari.jp

It's topped with smoked reindeer, tomato sauce, cheese, chanterelle mushrooms and red onion. Named for former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who caused a minor diplomatic incident in 2005 when he complained about having to "endure" Finnish cuisine and made jokes about Finns eating marinated reindeer. Amusingly enough, Kotipizza won the America's Plate International pizza contest in New York City in March 2008 with Pizza Berlusconi, beating the Italian-Americans, who came in second place and the Australians who took third.

All I can say is, this looks delicious!

This looks good!!!  I have never had reindeer either. 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Amazing!!Congrats!!!!

Tomorrow is a long drive up to Kentucky, then back the following day. Taking a load up to the storage facility.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

congrats!

we have 6 more years, i think.  but not if we do end up moving. XD 

i worked this afternoon, had some dinner, hatched some dragon eggs, and my Adventure party brought home a Scourgekeeper! :D 

Daughter is having a nice visit with my sister and her family in AZ. All 3 of her cousins there have been able to hang out with her for most of the day today.

Sister,  daughter and the 2 girl cousins went thrift shopping in the morning and she was able to find some good stuff. Hopefully it won't make her suitcase too heavy for the return flight! XD

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Congrats on the mortgage payoff! 🥳🍻❤️

Thanks, guys! :)

It's been a long 21 years...

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Tree company was supposed to come and look at our big maple tree today,

Hope they come before anything else happens!

3 hours ago, galleri said:

Tomorrow is a long drive up to Kentucky, then back the following day. Taking a load up to the storage facility.

Have fun? Hope it's a good drive!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

my Adventure party brought home a Scourgekeeper! :D

Congrats!

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm on day 341 on Duolingo for learning Korean! ^^

Cool. Are you enjoying it?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Hopefully it won't make her suitcase too heavy for the return flight! XD

Always a problem when travelling. XD

I'm at an 'old' house with a 'new' dog and I'm already exhausted. He's a hyper mouth-everything older potcake puppy who needs some serious training. The previous dogs were much calmer but they've all passed on now.

Leaving this here for @trystan. ;)

Screenshot_20220610-113549.jpg.80c4c31521ffec36717719d0881df134.jpg

And this for @Dirtytabs;)

Screenshot_20220611-214821.thumb.jpg.3dcd550c4a883b63bb4f5a09abd5fe2e.jpg

Edited by Lagie
Adding images

Had some breeding luck today -- Gold from Equinox and Silver from Umbra! That Umbra just gave me a 2nd gen Z baby last week, too. I think I like him! XD

The tree guy never showed up today. I hope he will be here tomorrow. It probably rained enough today to keep him away.

i bred Talyn today - an Elux Lucis from an Elux Lucis X Brute pairing.  it's a Farscape thing.  D'Argo and Lo'Laan weren't interested.

i DID get a Scourgekeeper from Rowena and William the Bloody, which i offered on the DC Community Thread a little bit ago.

my innards seem to be doing flips at the thought of moving.... okay, not the actual moving, but the whole money aspect. 

Spoiler

things have been going down for years now, we've had loans that we have to pay back (one is to my mom, we haven't sent her a check in a while, but she understands).  we pay our house bills on time, but it's the credit cards (and we don't have a million, mind you) that gets some money sent but not enough, so we have less and less each month.  it's frustrating, and money issues make my innards get all weird. 

the end result/plan of a smaller place will be less of a mortgage, less property taxes, less electric to heat and cool the house... but i'm still doing internal sommersaults.

thought about a gofundme, but i don't like the promotion part of it all.

*sigh*

^might delete later. don't know.

@Lagie I do like it. The Korean language is very pretty, and Duolingo is... okay. For being free. lol

Ooo~ Toppage!

Edited by AsymDoll13