Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's still not working. Poke it again, wouldja? ;)

*poke poke* *gives it the Mom Glare for extra measure*

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Weird. The wireless internet works on my phone, but my laptop says there's no internet. :unsure:

well that IS weird.  sometimes my laptop decides to hiccup and disconnect the wifi. but my phone doesn't do that.

I bet it'll be fine tomorrow. That's my experience.

5 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@IzzyCat91 cool cool. I do like the LoZ series as well. I've only played one [main series] final fantasy game and I haven't finished it uwu. I'm also a fan of the rogue-like games. I also like games where there's collecting/"breeding". I do also consider games with good plots but the style of play also needs to be up my alley as well. not really fond of fps or certain strategy games. I do like escape rooms and similar puzzle games.

so pretty much some similar interests.

I don't think I'd be able to play phasmophobia (mainly because I get motion sick, but also hate experiencing creepiness) but it is fun to watch.

Phasmophobia on PC and not VR is not motion sick inducing (I have the same issue lol Subnautica VR is HORRENDUS with it XD ) I forgot to mention "pet sim"/"Breeding" games, I play DC, Protochroma, Final Outpost, and Sylvestia now lol LOVED Animal Crossing there for a bit.

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

It's still not working. Poke it again, wouldja? ;)

Weird. The wireless internet works on my phone, but my laptop says there's no internet. :unsure:

*glares pointedly at Lagie's cable box and laptop* al-RIGHT electronics, that's quite enough now! Don't make me come over there!! *Shakes fist vaguely threateningly*

4 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Whoops! lol. Here ya go~ https://dragcave.net/view/n39t3

I think we had a miscommunication lol. You had posted the lineage link originally, but for some reason it was taking me to the view page when I clicked it (which is what you posted the 2nd time) I only brought it up because I was worried about the egg getting sick.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Thanks for your efforts, everyone. I shall be calling the cable company this morning as it's refusing to stay on. I get barely a second and poof, it turns off again. I miss it, not just for what's on, but the TV sound masks the constant whirring sound from the security camera system.

Good morning Lagie! Grabs a croissant and butter. Yum not margarin, real butter! Did you know that if you put out  a scoop of margarine the flies won't even eat it? I heard that, but I haven't tried it yet. omg your internet problem is so wierd! My computer and phone have done that before and it was fine in the morning.  If it were me, when I called my provider, I would tell them that while they look and see what the problem is, I would tell them while they "look and see , I will look and see what  another provider can do for me . That is what I would do myself. Just  sayin.

Edited by Rainn

Well, I called the provider about the TV, and they need to come to the house to fix the problem. That's not happening while the person I'm house sitting for is away (she's really picky about who comes in her house, and she has to be there if they do, so yeah... not happening), so I need to make a trip home to pick up some things to do (books, LEGO, origami if I can find my paper ).

I'm not too worried about the internet part; I know I'll have proper access at the next house.

Edited by Lagie
typo

Then you have it handled. Good. As long as you are happy. ☺️

Lagie - yeah, that's weird.  isn't technology wonderful? XD

so, i have two dragons growing up today, and an egg hatching today - but tonight! after dinner!  so i'm stalking the cave and AP again, as usual.  maybe i'll also find a green Fire Gem so it can be Rygel. we shall see.

also, Boss is out today. XD

My 20-week baby grows up this afternoon, so I have to save an egg space for that breeding. Can't decide if I want to breed Z dragons or catch Adventurers to fill the rest of my spaces.

Walked with one friend this morning. I got stuck in traffic getting to the trail, which was frustrating! But we had a very nice walk. It is a beautiful day, although getting a bit hot already. At least the humidity doesn't seem too bad.

Hubby has a foot doctor appointment this afternoon and I have a virtual Bible study class. I should have stopped to get my hair cut while I was out because now I don't know when I will be able to get out again at a good time to get it done. I was not happy with my last haircut because she didn't cut it short enough and it is needing cut much sooner than it should have.

3 hours ago, Rainn said:

Then you have it handled. Good. As long as you are happy. ☺️

Very happy! Especially since when I checked just now, the TV was fine. Go figure.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

also, Boss is out today

So trystan can play... ;)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

At least the humidity doesn't seem too bad

Pouring rain here again. I drove this house's car out west this morning, thank goodness, as had I been in my own, I might not have made it through the puddles that had accumulated. I foresee this being a problem for the month I'm house sitting out there if the rain doesn't let up.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

was not happy with my last haircut because she didn't cut it short enough and it is needing cut much sooner than it should have.

Oh, that's annoying.

My last haircut, the stylist did not have her mask on. I wasn't as vocal back then about people staying covered but my solution has been to not cut my hair. It's gone from buzz cut to past shoulder length now.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

My last haircut, the stylist did not have her mask on. I wasn't as vocal back then about people staying covered but my solution has been to not cut my hair. It's gone from buzz cut to past shoulder length now.

My last haircut happened literally days before salons, etc, shut down back in 2020. Funny thing was, I'd gone into it intending to grow my hair out again - I do this every 5-8 years, I like how I look with short hair, but hate how often I have to get it trimmed to keep it the way I like it, so after about 6 months of it short I decide to grow it out. So instead of the usual trim, I asked for "something that will be low-maintenance while growing out" and got more of a shaping than a trim. Went home that evening and saw on the news that "starting Monday, non-essential businesses will be closed until further notice." It's somewhere between shoulderblade-length and mid-back length now, but looks shorter because it's curly/frizzy and goes outward almost as much as downward.

15 minutes ago, Lagie said:
2 hours ago, trystan said:

also, Boss is out today

with dragons!

i alternate between long and short hair.  it's thick and when it's long i shed like crazy.  so i let it grow for a while - when i got it trimmed back in March '22, i kinda did what you did, catstaff, and got it so that as it grows it'll still look all right.  it's an asymmetrical cut, with the left side shorter, but back in march, there was actually some length to it, so it could be styled.  i'm sure, soon enough, i'll get annoyed with my hair and go get it all cut really short - except the right side, because i really like the asymmetry. :D 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

with dragons!

i alternate between long and short hair.  it's thick and when it's long i shed like crazy.  so i let it grow for a while - when i got it trimmed back in March '22, i kinda did what you did, catstaff, and got it so that as it grows it'll still look all right.  it's an asymmetrical cut, with the left side shorter, but back in march, there was actually some length to it, so it could be styled.  i'm sure, soon enough, i'll get annoyed with my hair and go get it all cut really short - except the right side, because i really like the asymmetry. :D 

I have hair down to my middle back. My hairdresser is  holding my hair hostage. She told me to take biotin and it really works for hair skin and nails.

Just now, Rainn said:

I have hair down to my middle back.

there have been times when my hair was that long and i wanted it really short (hairline short) the hairdresser couldn't understand why i'd cut off all this lovely, thick hair.

(it'll grow back! yeesh)

1 hour ago, trystan said:

there have been times when my hair was that long and i wanted it really short (hairline short) the hairdresser couldn't understand why i'd cut off all this lovely, thick hair.

(it'll grow back! yeesh)

Exactly.

In some places, they donate the cut off long hair to make wigs for cancer patients and others.

I would love 'way down my back' hair but it gets very thin when it gets that long.

Laptop internet is working fine now. :D

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Thanks for your efforts, everyone. I shall be calling the cable company this morning as it's refusing to stay on. I get barely a second and poof, it turns off again. I miss it, not just for what's on, but the TV sound masks the constant whirring sound from the security camera system.

Dang it, I thought it would work. lol

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Well, I called the provider about the TV, and they need to come to the house to fix the problem. That's not happening while the person I'm house sitting for is away (she's really picky about who comes in her house, and she has to be there if they do, so yeah... not happening), so I need to make a trip home to pick up some things to do (books, LEGO, origami if I can find my paper ).

I'm not too worried about the internet part; I know I'll have proper access at the next house.

I LOVE origami! Only things I know how to make are frogs and cranes though XD 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

so, i have two dragons growing up today, and an egg hatching today - but tonight! after dinner!  so i'm stalking the cave and AP again, as usual.  maybe i'll also find a green Fire Gem so it can be Rygel. we shall see.

also, Boss is out today. XD

I need to start tracking the times of my eggs/hatchies. This guess work and waiting is excruciating lol

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

My 20-week baby grows up this afternoon, so I have to save an egg space for that breeding. Can't decide if I want to breed Z dragons or catch Adventurers to fill the rest of my spaces.

Walked with one friend this morning. I got stuck in traffic getting to the trail, which was frustrating! But we had a very nice walk. It is a beautiful day, although getting a bit hot already. At least the humidity doesn't seem too bad.

Hubby has a foot doctor appointment this afternoon and I have a virtual Bible study class. I should have stopped to get my hair cut while I was out because now I don't know when I will be able to get out again at a good time to get it done. I was not happy with my last haircut because she didn't cut it short enough and it is needing cut much sooner than it should have.

See above lol

I miss walks with my friends. We all work different schedules now so meeting up is hard.

It's HOT here, almost 80 degrees, High humidity, high pollen count. I got too warm in my room and woke up 2 hours earlier than I wanted, but I'll live (Ben keeps putting off calling the landlord to have maintenance see what's up with the vent in our room. The air/heater doesn't really reach out room, but it does Cookie's so ?)

I hope his foot is ok!

I'm trying really hard to grow my hair out but it's HOT and I hate having it pulled up all the time, makes my head hurt (though much like with the hair dye issues, I have started just loose braiding it and that seems to help)

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Very happy! Especially since when I checked just now, the TV was fine. Go figure.

Pouring rain here again. I drove this house's car out west this morning, thank goodness, as had I been in my own, I might not have made it through the puddles that had accumulated. I foresee this being a problem for the month I'm house sitting out there if the rain doesn't let up.

Oh, that's annoying.

Go figure! lol

*mischievous grin* So what kinda trouble we getting into today then! lol

Uh oh poor car!

I never pictured you with a buzz cut tbh. Starting to miss my shaved head honestly lol

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

My last haircut happened literally days before salons, etc, shut down back in 2020. Funny thing was, I'd gone into it intending to grow my hair out again - I do this every 5-8 years, I like how I look with short hair, but hate how often I have to get it trimmed to keep it the way I like it, so after about 6 months of it short I decide to grow it out. So instead of the usual trim, I asked for "something that will be low-maintenance while growing out" and got more of a shaping than a trim. Went home that evening and saw on the news that "starting Monday, non-essential businesses will be closed until further notice." It's somewhere between shoulderblade-length and mid-back length now, but looks shorter because it's curly/frizzy and goes outward almost as much as downward.

Mine happened AFTER the shut down. I tried to cut it myself, butchered it, shaved it all off and loved every second of it lol It's now almost back down to the middle of my back (it's JUST past the shoulder blades)

Same, but I need symmetry lol my OCD can not handle it, which is weird because I like the style on other people, but not on myself.

(it'll grow back! yeesh)

My best friend and one of my co-workers are like that "why do you keep dying it, why would you cut it?! Your hair is so pretty, just leave it be!"

Like naw, I do this for me, not anyone else. It's attached to MY head, I will do as I please, and it will grow back/fade out eventually, chill lol.

Just now, Lagie said:

Exactly.

In some places, they donate the cut off long hair to make wigs for cancer patients and others.

I would love 'way down my back' hair but it gets very thin when it gets that long.

Laptop internet is working fine now. :D

I used to donate mine all the time :3

Yay!

11 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I LOVE origami! Only things I know how to make are frogs and cranes though

I can follow most directions, but I make lots and lots of cranes, and sell them strung. This link might show you some...

Buzz cut...

Long hair (old photo, different glasses)

Usually worn tied back and with a hairband. ( @random_dragon_collector )

Edited by Lagie

7 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I need to start tracking the times of my eggs/hatchies. This guess work and waiting is excruciating lol

yep, whenever i get a new egg from the cave or breed one, i put the time on my spreadsheet i snagged or bred it.  if i get one from the AP, i incuhatch it, and pay attention to when it hatches, and that's the time that goes on my spreadsheet.  i also do that when i breed a pair and they're not interested - i put the time i bred them on my calendar for the next week.  because "cannot breed for 1 more day" and "4 days and 1 hour left" can last forever if you don't know the time! :blink: (it IS down to the second, i'm sure, because i had a hatchie growing up at 7:38 the other night, and it didn't when the clock changed.  i refreshed it a few times over the course of the minute, and then when it did grow up, it was only a moment later the clock now said 7:39.  so there's that..... XD

14 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Same, but I need symmetry lol my OCD can not handle it, which is weird because I like the style on other people, but not on myself.

to each their own :D

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

true.  but my hair is dyed. oops.

14 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

"why do you keep dying it, why would you cut it?! Your hair is so pretty, just leave it be!"

Like naw, I do this for me, not anyone else. It's attached to MY head, I will do as I please, and it will grow back/fade out eventually, chill lol.

my hair is purple.

lemme see if i can get a selfie i like *deletes 20 million selfies in the process*

also, i'll be stalking for a RED Fire Gem, not green. XD

12 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

"why do you keep dying it, why would you cut it?! Your hair is so pretty, just leave it be!"

Oh that's so annoying when people do that.

I get the 'why don't you have kids' conversation far more often than I would like. 

It's NOT your decision to make, people. Not about my hair, or my reproducing. :P

*pokes afterninja trystan* Good luck with the fire gem.  Which hours are red?

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I can follow most directions, but I make lots and lots of cranes, and sell them strung. This link might show you some...

Buzz cut...

Long hair (old photo, different glasses)

Usually worn tied back and with a hairband. ( @random_dragon_collector )

Love all of this!

47 minutes ago, trystan said:

yep, whenever i get a new egg from the cave or breed one, i put the time on my spreadsheet i snagged or bred it.  if i get one from the AP, i incuhatch it, and pay attention to when it hatches, and that's the time that goes on my spreadsheet.  i also do that when i breed a pair and they're not interested - i put the time i bred them on my calendar for the next week.  because "cannot breed for 1 more day" and "4 days and 1 hour left" can last forever if you don't know the time! :blink: (it IS down to the second, i'm sure, because i had a hatchie growing up at 7:38 the other night, and it didn't when the clock changed.  i refreshed it a few times over the course of the minute, and then when it did grow up, it was only a moment later the clock now said 7:39.  so there's that..... XD

to each their own :D

true.  but my hair is dyed. oops.

my hair is purple.

lemme see if i can get a selfie i like *deletes 20 million selfies in the process*

also, i'll be stalking for a RED Fire Gem, not green. XD

Duely noted, I will try to start keeping better track lol

:3

Actually, some places have a way to gently strip the dye from the hair now so it CAN be used for cancer wigs. You gotta do some digging though.

My hair is like red/rose gold/blonde currently (the red is fading out so it's a mess but I'm gonna let it go because it needs a break or I AM going to damage my hair beyond repair)

Pic of me just now without glasses (top) and with (bottom)

Spoiler

395207321_me6622.jpg.2a9b4d55f020cf1e14e7dd6edc0b7ec5.jpg

Spoiler

1390290137_me26622.jpg.ff0899dd04e90e83c65362fe6c8e2f17.jpg

44 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Oh that's so annoying when people do that.

I get the 'why don't you have kids' conversation far more often than I would like. 

It's NOT your decision to make, people. Not about my hair, or my reproducing. :P

*pokes afterninja trystan* Good luck with the fire gem.  Which hours are red?

Yeah my family does that sometimes and it's like ? First off, none of your business and second, I literally have medical reasons why that is a slim to none chance of occurring, though I would love to have one of my own.

TRIGGER WANING BELOW: LOSS

Spoiler

I have had 2 miscarriages in the past. they didn't get past the "clump of cells" stage, but it doesn't look like they will make term at this rate. To be fair, I wasn't trying for a baby either time and was actively on birth control. Ben and I are going to make an actual attempt once we get a house, but my OBGYN said that I may need Invitro because of the PCOS and thyroid issues, which I refuse cuz is expensive and not guaranteed to work AND could result in MANY babies, I only want one, maybe 2 lol

Edited by IzzyCat91

Guys~ Today was guinea pig weigh day! Duncan is 828 grams (1.82 lbs), so he's getting bigger! This is his highest weight! And Kris is a chunky (but not too chunky) 1043 grams (roughly 2.29 lbs) and that's his lowest, but it's not horrifically low or anything. He's healthy and happy, so I'm happy! They're both so cute though! ^^

Just now, AsymDoll13 said:

Guys~ Today was guinea pig weigh day! Duncan is 828 grams (1.82 lbs), so he's getting bigger! This is his highest weight! And Kris is a chunky (but not too chunky) 1043 grams (roughly 2.29 lbs) and that's his lowest, but it's not horrifically low or anything. He's healthy and happy, so I'm happy! They're both so cute though! ^^

Glad to hear Asym!

Also did a nail trim (which involves carrots and careful cutting lol). None were pleased, but all were fine. No mishaps today! 

Also have some photos of them from... I dunno when. lol. I need to take new pics but they're... always moving (DUNCAN) or sleeping (Kristopher). lol

Duncan Jones

Kris Woo

I somehow lost all my links in my sig. So, I was putting them all back and I can't find the thread about taking the "if it has a face, it has a name" oath (yes I searched and it's not coming up lol) help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it lol

Edited by IzzyCat91