Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Sigh... recycling collection is today... I decided not to put my bin out last night because it was pouring rain and I have a bunch of cardboard to go out and the pickup never happens before noon or thereabouts... so naturally, as I'm folding up the cardboard to make it fit into the bin just now, the collection truck came by... at 6:15 in the morning. D'oh!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

49 minutes ago, catstaff said:

so naturally, as I'm folding up the cardboard to make it fit into the bin just now, the collection truck came by... at 6:15 in the morning. D'oh!

Oops. XD

I wonder how wet my shop yard is.

Good morning and happy Wednesday, CPA! Anyone having nice June weather yet? *steals all of Lagie's coffee*

It was very cool seeing some of your faces! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ @Lagie and @trystan, you both have very lovely, warm, and friendly faces! I hope that doesn't sound weird, some people just look nice lol! I loved Lagie's buzzcut and trystan's purple hair too, very cool!

@IzzyCat91 also looks lovely, but I'm more startled by how alike we look! Very similar eye, jaw, and mouth shape, and forehead/hairline. Somewhat similar nose too. 😳 I don't post pictures of myself online (no Facebook even!) or else we could compare… 😂

Sorry if I missed anyone's picture, It's 5:45am here and I'm normally not up this early but those new meds, y'know… 😴

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Oops. XD

I wonder how wet my shop yard is.

*grabs some toast*

Oops indeed! I should have known better, lol, start counting on someone else's routine, you KNOW they'll change it up on you!

Hopefully your shop yard isn't any wetter than my parking lot - a few puddles, but nothing serious.

5 hours ago, catstaff said:

I decided not to put my bin out last night because it was pouring rain and I have a bunch of cardboard

this is me... every week.  our pick-up is thursday mornings.... every wednesday night, there's rain in the forecast.  tonight has the added bonus of thunderstorms XD

however..... the recycling isn't full enough to go out! just the two trash cans, because they're full of the cat-box stuff.  every week! XD

3 hours ago, yanderella said:

@trystan, you both have very lovely, warm, and friendly faces! I hope that doesn't sound weird, some people just look nice lol! I loved .... trystan's purple hair too, very cool!

aww, thanks!

nah, that's not weird.

i don't usually post pics of myself either, and i hate my selfies.  the other weird thing about them is that i flipped the pic around - because my phone camera takes selfies the way i see me in the mirror, and that's the opposite of everyone else.  it's weird seeing me that way XD

stalking the AP, Desert, and Alpine again... CB nebs only! XD

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, yanderella said:

you both have very lovely, warm, and friendly faces!

Thanks! :)

3 hours ago, catstaff said:

Hopefully your shop yard isn't any wetter than my parking lot -

We had to make stepping 'stones' through the puddle at the gate. :rolleyes:

More rain is forecast but for the moment we're dry. I'm hiding out in my office while my volunteers run the shop (it's the only way to have uninterrupted tea).

*restocks the coffee*

Ah! What a horrific day... I am so... It's still happening and so on. But it's gonna be the worst. I'm scared. And rambling because I have no where else to go. 

6 hours ago, yanderella said:

Good morning and happy Wednesday, CPA! Anyone having nice June weather yet? *steals all of Lagie's coffee*

It was very cool seeing some of your faces! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ @Lagie and @trystan, you both have very lovely, warm, and friendly faces! I hope that doesn't sound weird, some people just look nice lol! I loved Lagie's buzzcut and trystan's purple hair too, very cool!

@IzzyCat91 also looks lovely, but I'm more startled by how alike we look! Very similar eye, jaw, and mouth shape, and forehead/hairline. Somewhat similar nose too. 😳 I don't post pictures of myself online (no Facebook even!) or else we could compare… 😂

Sorry if I missed anyone's picture, It's 5:45am here and I'm normally not up this early but those new meds, y'know… 😴

Morning! (well afternoon here, but that is my "morning", being a 3rd shifter lol)

Nope, nope weird, I get what you're saying and agree!

Aw, thank you! Mayhaps we're distant relatives, I have family EVERYWHERE, probably a ton I dont even know about (my biological grandad was a bit promiscuous in his youth and I don't know my dad so who knows lol) I get not posting pics online, I use to be like that. I usually only post on Facebook because I have it set to friends only.

12 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Ah! What a horrific day... I am so... It's still happening and so on. But it's gonna be the worst. I'm scared. And rambling because I have no where else to go. 

What's going on love? you alright?

My friend tried to end their life. It's my brother's best friend/ex-girlfriend/I dunno, and it's a lot. My parents are on the way to Alabama to make sure the brother is okay, while also finding out about her. I'm scared and just... 

I didn't wanna ramble about it, but there we are. 

In other news, I made it to the store today. That's cool. 

oh wow that's awful! I'm so sorry love, I wish there was more I could say or do for you. All I got is deep breathes and try to remain calm until more info is given. *all of the supportive hugs*

Thank you. I took one of my pills to calm me down. I'm feeling better. 

14 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

My friend tried to end their life. It's my brother's best friend/ex-girlfriend/I dunno, and it's a lot. My parents are on the way to Alabama to make sure the brother is okay, while also finding out about her. I'm scared and just... 

Sending you some big hugs and emotional bandwidth! I know how it feels when someone near you is suicidal (unfortunately,  speaking from personal experience). Both people I knew who were previously suicidal are currently doing well and stable. It is so so hard. Try and make sure you are looking after your own mental health, too, while you are supporting your brother and your friend. ❤️ 

On another note, my puppy is the best snuggle buddy. He isn't allowed in the bedroom usually but he snuck in this morning after my husband went to work and we napped together for an extra hour. 

{{hugs asymdoll}}

we're here for you to ramble.

2 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

On another note, my puppy is the best snuggle buddy. He isn't allowed in the bedroom usually but he snuck in this morning after my husband went to work and we napped together for an extra hour. 

my cat Aemon is a snuggler kitty.  he's actually right next to my laptop as i'm posting. :)   he loves to lick hands, arms, legs, neck (he'll sit on your shoulders too), and it tickles XD 🐈‍⬛

Edited by trystan

Thanks guys. Usually I use my guinea pig Kris to snuggle but he wasn't having it today. Lol

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

*hugs*

59 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

On another note, my puppy is the best snuggle buddy

Yay for snuggles! :)

The garden here is swimming in water still, more than a day after the rain stopped. And the puddle by the shop gate, erm, lake, more like it, was full of tadpoles and dead earthworms.

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

😞

this is a huge emotional event. if you need to ramble, ramble. sometimes the problem is people keep their feelings to themselves and it just eats them up inside; sometimes it's better to confide in someone (course it differs from person to person).

so the bills keep being big, and we still have a mortgage, and things are stretched very thin.

hubby's been thinking that we probably ought to move to a smaller house, and if we do it right, what we would get for this house would pay off what's left of the mortgage and pay for a smaller house.  hubby's kinda started looking at houses.  guess i ought to write up my wishlist for a new place.  we've been in this house for almost 14 years!

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

so the bills keep being big, and we still have a mortgage, and things are stretched very thin.

hubby's been thinking that we probably ought to move to a smaller house, and if we do it right, what we would get for this house would pay off what's left of the mortgage and pay for a smaller house.  hubby's kinda started looking at houses.  guess i ought to write up my wishlist for a new place.  we've been in this house for almost 14 years!

As a very recent homebuyer, I wish you the best in your search.

I can tell you that given the current market, be prepared to offer above asking price. Asking price of my condo was $175K (2 bed, 2 bath condo) and I paid $190K - and only got it for that little because I was doing a cash sale. Now I'm tossing in another $30K(ish) as I had to put in some new flooring, I need new windows, and one bathroom is in desperate need of renovations. (Honestly, they both are, but one is livable as is, the other isn't.)

Also be prepared to make a quick decision about making an offer if you see something that ticks all your boxes, as things are moving FAST. I saw a condo go up on the realty site I was using on Wednesday morning, called to set up a viewing for Friday - and on Thursday, got a call from my agent telling me that the viewing was cancelled because the place was already under contract.

oh good stuff to know, thanks!

i think we're looking for 1200 sq feet, 3 bedrooms, maybe 2 rooms for living, room for the cats! our current house is maybe 1500 sq ft, so smaller, but not too too much.

also, read your post to hubby, and he knows all that already, so we're good there. :D 

Edited by trystan

3 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully she will be okay and will get help now.

You may feel free to ramble to us any time you need to! We are here for you.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brrownies, and toast with marula jelly*

BBC America is showing random Doctor Who episodes in the morning, but I keep coming in partway through because they start so early.

*indulges in a brownie*

Now that makes me wish I still had cable - which Doctors?

morning all.

(err, afternoon!)

no, that Doctor isn't a witch doctor, although some of his antagonists might think that.

also..... i got a chicken from the market! finally!! :D i have a great name for her too, which is why i got her now! XD

still stalking for Nebulas. XD

Hmmm, quiet day in CPA!

Nothing much happening here.

My computer mouse died. I have a touch screen on my laptop, so I can still do some things, but not everything. Frustrating. Will stop by Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a new one with the gift card we have there. Meanwhile just muddling through.

Edited by purplehaze