Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Got my second Covid booster about 3 hours ago and my arm is already aching. Hopefully that is all the reaction I get.

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'll probably do mine next Monday now.

yeah, i gotta go get my second booster too.

probably ought to do that soon.

17 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Thing is. We didn't order any water at all. We have a Brita in the friend and some bottles of bottle armor water in the fridge. We had no reason to order water. So... I'm still confused. lol

Ohhhhhh 

21 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Resourcefulness o:

I have a calendar too I just, don't tend to use it XD 

Whenever I plan schedules I go very old school, and just use pen and paper,

graph it out and set alarms. Maybe I should do that, set alarms for DC too :) 

Yes, this. I have a planner. lol

But let's play guess where it is??? 

At work in my backpack :D

3 hours ago, trystan said:

wow, quiet bunch today.  it's four hours after my last post, so this will bump the thread.

I have been training the new girl at work. So I cannot post in the day. 

Ok house is now in contract and pending. Quit the night job as of the 12th (Though I might pick up a shift or two). We have found land that we are hoping to get in Kentucky. We should be out of Alabama and to our new state in the next 3ish weeks. 

I about have new doctors lined up where we are going. At least the Lexington area. 

My stress level went down a lot!!! Today is really the last day I need to do "keep up cleaning".  The house inspector is coming tomorrow.  

2 hours ago, galleri said:

My stress level went down a lot!!!

woo hoo!

moving is stressful, so yay!

We had a lovely shop dinner! :D Eight of us. I have at least three nights of dinner now. (Did I mention there's no stove here?) Now chilling with the dogs for a bit before heading to bed.

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

(Did I mention there's no stove here?)

:o The owners don't cook? Is there a microwave?

We are going Thursday to attend a music concert that my granddaughter is participating in. We will go to their house for dinner first, so it should be fun. Probably a late night, though, by the time we drive the 40 miles home.

I just named a bunch of dragons, so now I can move them where they belong on my scroll. No names for any of the new ones, yet, though!

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

:o The owners don't cook? Is there a microwave?

The gas tank was stolen. They use some weird camp-stove style thing on top of the stove, and I'm leery of using it. The microwave is functional but older. I can reheat in it.

wow Lagie! that's kinda interesting.

names.  i have names for all my NRs execpt my pygmy girl.  i'll sleep on it, maybe i'll get an idea.

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi guys! Pippin is gonna be totally fine in a couple of days. A few of the razor burn/nicks were a bit infected from his licking of them, but he's gonna be great! I'm so relieved about this cat being okay. Like wow. He's my baby boy. 

The groomers are also going to comp the money that we paid for the vet bill! Pretty cool in my humble opinion. 

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

And so they should, if they caused the injuries. Methinks, though, you need a new groomer.

Glad Pippin is okay! but seconding Lagie here!! I'm glad to hear they stepped up and did right by Pippin though. Poor boy. 

8 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Greek honey cookies are not traditionally gluten free, I just use almond flour rather then the all purpose flour.

They come out very very soft and crumbly.  I'm not sure what celiac is but if it means not being able to eat gluten. I'm there with ya! XD

I love substituting different flours in "normal" recipes! I found a cup-for-cup gluten-free flour blend at the grocery store recently that works so well in almost everything I've tried!

Celiac disease is an immune disorder where the attack is caused by eating gluten. If I remember correctly, a lot of people who can't eat gluten have celiac disease but the symptoms of celiac, gluten intolerance, and wheat allergy are all incredibly similar. 😂

Thing is we've taken him there before, but the groomer this time was new. So... I dunno. Probably find a new one for next year. Poor Pippin is twelve now and shouldn't have to deal with this sort of thing. 

random name idea, of course there's more to the name, but how about Velma from the Scooby Gang for my female Pygmy? :D 

also, g'night, it's late. ;) 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

The gas tank was stolen. They use some weird camp-stove style thing on top of the stove, and I'm leery of using it. The microwave is functional but older. I can reheat in it.

You can hook a regular gas stove up to a propane tank if you have the know-how. My neighbor has, but he's very mechanically experienced, not that I think that the conversion is very complicated. There are kits to convert gas appliaances to propane. The fittings are little different. Seems safer than using a camping stove indoors, tho. 

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I just named a bunch of dragons, so now I can move them where they belong on my scroll. No names for any of the new ones, yet, though!

Lost Unicorn gifted me a Astralophyne hatchie. ❤ I named it Herbal Healer which was surprisingly not taken.

5 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You can hook a regular gas stove up to a propane tank if you have the know-how. My neighbor has, but he's very mechanically experienced, not that I think that the conversion is very complicated. There are kits to convert gas appliaances to propane. The fittings are little different. Seems safer than using a camping stove indoors, tho. 

I'm only here til Sunday. I'll cope with leftovers. ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

This potcake is inexhaustible! We've been tennis ball chasing and he's still going strong.

morning all!  my boy Pygmy has hatched! :D  Ergo!

(anyone know where that's from, or is that just me? XD)

Wow I'm glad I checked my scroll. There were 12 of my eggs and hatchies that had anywhere from 10 to 23 clicks! I hid them all right away. I only use 2 hatcheries and this has never happened before. Very wierd. 

Edited by Rainn

19 hours ago, galleri said:

Ohhhhhh 

Yes, this. I have a planner. lol

But let's play guess where it is??? 

At work in my backpack :D

I have been training the new girl at work. So I cannot post in the day. 

Ok house is now in contract and pending. Quit the night job as of the 12th (Though I might pick up a shift or two). We have found land that we are hoping to get in Kentucky. We should be out of Alabama and to our new state in the next 3ish weeks. 

I about have new doctors lined up where we are going. At least the Lexington area. 

My stress level went down a lot!!! Today is really the last day I need to do "keep up cleaning".  The house inspector is coming tomorrow.  

lol you so silly

Yay progress and yay less stress!

15 hours ago, Lagie said:

We had a lovely shop dinner! :D Eight of us. I have at least three nights of dinner now. (Did I mention there's no stove here?) Now chilling with the dogs for a bit before heading to bed.

Aw that's awesome

O.o no stove huh. interesting.

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We are going Thursday to attend a music concert that my granddaughter is participating in. We will go to their house for dinner first, so it should be fun. Probably a late night, though, by the time we drive the 40 miles home.

Cool! Hope you have a nice time/visit :3

I named my first round of NR's after Critical Role's Vox Machina (it was a Dungeons and Dragons group that recorded their sessions and posted them to youtube, and then Hulu picked it up and made an anime out of it. It's pretty good! Very funny.

33 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I named my first round of NR's after Critical Role's Vox Machina (it was a Dungeons and Dragons group that recorded their sessions and posted them to youtube, and then Hulu picked it up and made an anime out of it. It's pretty good! Very funny.

cool!

see, i already gave my dragons the DnD names.... i've been giving them Dragonlance names almost since the beginning XD

i named my girl Pygmy Velma and the boy Pygmy Ergo.  i've picked up a third Thunderstorm and will name her for the Witchblade character. 

i DO wonder how the Adventure action works, is it reusable, like so many of the other others, or is a once-and-done like the Summon on the Zyus, and once they've summoned their Sino, the action greys out.  if it's like the Zyus, you'll need a new adventure party for each Scourgekeeper you want.

in other news, i no longer need to look for an Alt-Black - i picked up a random Black from the AP, and he alted!! :)

Edited by trystan
realised i didn't finish my thought.... XD

Well, I feel accomplished.

• Updated my address with my bank and ordered checks.
  • Got an appointment for someone to come measure my windows for replacement, and also to measure the two balcony doors to have screen doors put in.
  • Put in to get someone in to give me an estimate for getting the master bathroom completely re-done, although I have to wait for the contractor to contact me to set up a time for them to come give it a look.
  • Picked up some garden hooks in a style that will clamp onto the balcony railings, so I can put out my decorative lanterns, and impulsively grabbed a medium-sized pot of flowers for the sunnier balcony as well.
  • Got my Covid booster finally - been trying since last November when I was first told I was eligible; first they were low on vaccine in my area and so were reserving it for first-timers and high-risk people, then I caught it and had to wait for a certain amount of time before getting boosted, then I was swamped with the move and so just didn't bother trying again until the move was done.
  • Picked up three bookshelves and might even start assembling them today.

My arm is slightly sore, but then again, so's my other arm, after carrying three flat-pack bookshelves from the car up to the condo, lol! I suppose I'll find out later tonight or tomorrow how much of the sore is from the heavy lifting and how much is from the booster. Depending how I feel tomorrow, I might go to the furniture place nearby that (supposedly) has the sofa I like the looks of in stock, so I can give the thing the butt-test and buy it if it passes. And then next week, hopefully, will be the dreaded excursion to the DMV to transfer my license, title, and registration to this state.

wow catstaff, that's a LOT of adulting. congrats.

good luck with the DMV, and hope it's not as horrid as you're thinking it'll be.

46 minutes ago, trystan said:

cool!

see, i already gave my dragons the DnD names.... i've been giving them Dragonlance names almost since the beginning XD

i named my girl Pygmy Velma and the boy Pygmy Ergo.  i've picked up a third Thunderstorm and will name her for the Witchblade character. 

i DO wonder how the Adventure action works, is it reusable, like so many of the other others, or is a once-and-done like the Summon on the Zyus, and once they've summoned their Sino, the action greys out.  if it's like the Zyus, you'll need a new adventure party for each Scourgekeeper you want.

in other news, i no longer need to look for an Alt-Black - i picked up a random Black from the AP, and he alted!! :)

Neat! Truthfully< I don't know anything about Dragonlance OR Witchblade, but am glad you have found suitable names :3

I've been wondering about the new BSA too

AWESOME, congrats on the random AP Alt!

7 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Well, I feel accomplished.

• Updated my address with my bank and ordered checks.
  • Got an appointment for someone to come measure my windows for replacement, and also to measure the two balcony doors to have screen doors put in.
  • Put in to get someone in to give me an estimate for getting the master bathroom completely re-done, although I have to wait for the contractor to contact me to set up a time for them to come give it a look.
  • Picked up some garden hooks in a style that will clamp onto the balcony railings, so I can put out my decorative lanterns, and impulsively grabbed a medium-sized pot of flowers for the sunnier balcony as well.
  • Got my Covid booster finally - been trying since last November when I was first told I was eligible; first they were low on vaccine in my area and so were reserving it for first-timers and high-risk people, then I caught it and had to wait for a certain amount of time before getting boosted, then I was swamped with the move and so just didn't bother trying again until the move was done.
  • Picked up three bookshelves and might even start assembling them today.

My arm is slightly sore, but then again, so's my other arm, after carrying three flat-pack bookshelves from the car up to the condo, lol! I suppose I'll find out later tonight or tomorrow how much of the sore is from the heavy lifting and how much is from the booster. Depending how I feel tomorrow, I might go to the furniture place nearby that (supposedly) has the sofa I like the looks of in stock, so I can give the thing the butt-test and buy it if it passes. And then next week, hopefully, will be the dreaded excursion to the DMV to transfer my license, title, and registration to this state.

Good work adulting!

In my news, I went and hung out with a friend from work for a bit. We walked around the woods for a bit, he found me perfectly intact butterfly wings on the ground (Looks like it died and something ate the body but left the wings. Mine now!) and now my allergies are flaring up from all the pollen.

because my allergies are flaring up, I am phlegmy.

Because I am Phlegmy, I just choked and lost the coffee I just drank :(

I also have therapy in a half hour (video call) so that will be fun, and then I'm going to bed (I haven't slept yet so after therapy I'll have been up a solid 24 hrs lol good thing I'm off the whole week!)

Saturday our pool opens! yay swimming!

44 minutes ago, trystan said:

Yay for the AP! :D

Sadly my 20 week dragons decided they weren't interested in each other today. :( Not good for my progress in the Challenge.

But, that egg slot that is now unfilled will give me a chance to pick up the last egg I need to give me two whole sets of breeding pairs of the NRs. I will breed my Sapphires first, though, for the AP and I can't do that until later this evening.

@catstaff I am impressed with how much you accomplished today! Wish I had been half as productive.

My arm is only slightly sore from my booster yesterday, and I had no other side effects. Hubby says his arm is sore, too, and I don't think he ever gets sore from any vaccination. Weird!

hi CPA! someone in the bugsnax community made a forum and i am sooo excited to hang out in there, haaha. its got me absolutely over the moon. on the other hand, i got sick or something the last few days, i think my headaches from allergies but i got a stomach bug or whatever. its a pain and im soo tired, but its ok. im all motivated to work on stuff again, hooray for the revival of forums (:!

12 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Neat! Truthfully< I don't know anything about Dragonlance OR Witchblade, but am glad you have found suitable names :3

I've been wondering about the new BSA too

AWESOME, congrats on the random AP Alt!

heh yeah, it's fine. :D

and thanks! :D

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yay for the AP! :D

i know, right? :)

13 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Oh and I found THIS in the AP

nice!!