Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

On 5/20/2022 at 7:45 AM, Lagie said:

so my sister-inlaw Tammie (hubby's sister) died tonight :(

My condolences *gives be-lated hug* :( 

On 5/20/2022 at 7:02 AM, catstaff said:

Makes sense. Worst I ever had from a bird was a big macaw in a pet shop, that was out of his cage and sitting on a hand truck by the fish tanks for some reason, decided my necklace looked interesting and tried to steal it. Ended up with his beak in my neck, and a couple idiots that worked there screeching at him, which of course only scared him and made him chomp down harder. I got my arm under his feet and started petting his chest with my other hand, calmed him down enough to get him to let go. Walked out of there with my fish supplies for free, and a "hickey" that my friends teased me about for a week!

On 5/20/2022 at 7:05 AM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's a heck of a story. Macaws have strong scary beaks.

Agreed, that is rather terrifying. I admire you for keeping calm.

if it were me I would've freaked out immediately and probably left the macaw very very scared.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:38 AM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I got enough sugar to feed the lil gluttons for a couple of months, but inflation is disturbing. The logging company cut down a bunch of timber during winter and nothing has grown back yet. Maybe next year there will be more flowers.

I've been up since 3:15 am because my just purchased phone started sending me messages from Cash App. 

I have an pet Eurasian ringneck dove who is 11 years old or more. Lagie's feral Eurasian doves are twice her size, tho.

Please teach me your ways. Me and my neighbors have been trying for 3 years to get flowers in our back yards collectively,

in hopes to get a few hummingbirds into our community to buzz around so we may watch them.

But for any reason at all, our efforts have been in vain.

Perhaps our state is just too warm? 

On 5/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I stumbled upon the headache one of you discarded.

My bad! I might've discarded a very long lined Xeno :P 

On 5/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, catstaff said:

Wasn't mine, but I seem to have grabbed someone's back pain while out shopping. And IKEA didn't even have the thing I was looking for in the food shop!

Hope it's healed and gone with now ^^;

On 5/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, Lagie said:

The African greys are amazing birds! I house sat one who had sadly been neglected by his previous owner. One evening when I heard the answering machine playing and beeping when the phone hadn't even rung, I realized it was the bird. The answering machine had been his only companion at the previous house. :(

African greys always interested me, well parrots in general interest me.

That parrot sounds lonely, perhaps the new owner could get a answering machine... And a parrot friend for him :) 

On 5/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, Lagie said:

Hot and sticky and grey, but thankfully no rain. I don't know why the far-too-nearby restaurant thinks we all want to hear their stoopid moosic.

We've had rain for 3 days straight here, and humidity :P

I'm not sure why restaurants do that either, they must think everyone loves their music..

Or just do not care what others think.

Thankfully we have earbuds ❤️ 

Apologies for being delayed, these are old but.. Ya'll know me by now.

I'll catch up in maybe an hour from page 731 :P 

Week has been super rough, have a endless pile of laundry to clean.

Why has no one invented self cleaning clothes yet? Oh well. 

Also managed to catch 2 of each NR egg ^^

*lays out some homemade Greek honey cookies for everyone and coffee* ❤️ 

18 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Wish I'd know you were in Baltimore, I spent the last two years in Bel Air!

My son lives in Bel Air! I am actually south of Baltimore, in Anne Arundel County, but still -- that area.

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My son lives in Bel Air! I am actually south of Baltimore, in Anne Arundel County, but still -- that area.

My fiancé lives near Baltimore o:

We actually might be moving in to our own house near there ^^

42 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

My fiancé lives near Baltimore o:

We actually might be moving in to our own house near there ^^

It's a good place to live.

2 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

That parrot sounds lonely, perhaps the new owner could get a answering machine... And a parrot friend for him :) 

His new owner had three other birds (a sun conyer, a macaw, and I forget what the third was, something smallish) ... but he preferred hanging out with his two new humans. Sadly he passed away from a respiratory infection about a year after they adopted him. :(

Cool you guys all live so close. Maybe you need to have an in-person DC lunch! I did that in Manchester in 2010, met three others in person for lunch (the fourth bailed out last minute). It was fun!

Edited by Lagie
typo

2 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:
On 5/20/2022 at 7:45 AM, Lagie said:

so my sister-inlaw Tammie (hubby's sister) died tonight :(

My condolences *gives be-lated hug* :( 

so this was actually me, not sure why it was quoted as Lagie.

thank you *hugs*

yep, hot, humid, ick today. eww.

8 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Cool you guys all live so close. Maybe you need to have an in-person DC lunch!

oh that would be fun! :D 

so, dragons. i have 6 Aeons that are ready to precog.  since the lastest is that Precog is 100% accurate, i'm going to precog all my new ones.  when i (finally) get my egg slots back in two days (XD), i'll influence the other ones the opposite gender.  i only have one egg slot right now, so i'll be stalking the AP to see what goodies i can find XD 

any news on the 7th egg yet?

Grabbed all 6 in the biomes, and released an egg into the AP from my breeding challenge since it was... the wrong breed. Again. I swear Patty. GET IT TOGETHER GIRL. Silly dragon. 

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Grabbed all 6 in the biomes, and released an egg into the AP from my breeding challenge since it was... the wrong breed. Again. I swear Patty. GET IT TOGETHER GIRL. Silly dragon. 

I dropped my wrong breed breeding challenge egg into the AP, too. It got adopted and named which is nice. A few more days until I can breed again.

I decided last year so long as I spiralled, I wasn't going to worry too much about the breed. Can't do that anyway when you get no egg. *glares at her dragons*

18 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I decided last year so long as I spiralled, I wasn't going to worry too much about the breed.

this sounds about right for me too. :) 

random, cause i was thinking about it: are there any red, starry dragons that are male? (the red Nebula is the female *sigh*)

5 hours ago, catstaff said:

I just walked in the door from Round Two of "Let's Find A Sofa!" and I just want to sit for a little while.

We need a sofa, the Futon we have is too large and takes up too much of my floor space. I also came home and sat for awhile....and then fell asleep lol

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

XD Oh, hubby and I need to play that game, too, but it is soooo intimidating! And it doesn't help that we don't agree on styles!

Same, but ben usually has no opinion as long as t's comfy lol

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Sorry to hear that. :(

Heat is oppressive here today. 92 degrees, high humidity and low air quality. Blah! Summer in Baltimore.

SAME, I slept through the heat of the day though. It is currently 86, wet, and muggy outside (72 in the house because I have the A.C set to auto, if it gets too hot it kicks on and maintains the temp. i can't STAND being hot)

I just choked on a piece of corn from my burrito bowl (has chili corn salsa on it)

Am fine now but, ow.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It's a good place to live.

It is, everything is allot more affordable up there.

And, no humidity. It'll take some adjusting to the snow though XD 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

His new owner had three other birds (a sun conyer, a macaw, and I forget what the third was, something smallish) ... but he preferred hanging out with his two new humans. Sadly he passed away from a respiratory infection about a year after they adopted him. :(

Noo! :( 

My condolences for bird, and bird's owner :( 

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Cool you guys all live so close. Maybe you need to have an in-person DC lunch! I did that in Manchester in 2010, met three others in person for lunch (the fourth bailed out last minute). It was fun!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

oh that would be fun! :D 

That is something I'd love to do :) 

so this was actually me, not sure why it was quoted as Lagie.

thank you *hugs*

I am not sure either, I am happy it got noticed though.

No problem, I'm here to chat if you need anything *hugs* 

yep, hot, humid, ick today. eww.

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

SAME, I slept through the heat of the day though. It is currently 86, wet, and muggy outside (72 in the house because I have the A.C set to auto, if it gets too hot it kicks on and maintains the temp. i can't STAND being hot)

I just choked on a piece of corn from my burrito bowl (has chili corn salsa on it)

Am fine now but, ow.

Right? It was too humid and icky for a long walk today.

Hope you are alright Izzy! o:

I'll smack that cob of corn if it hurt you again XD 

so, dragons. i have 6 Aeons that are ready to precog.  since the lastest is that Precog is 100% accurate, i'm going to precog all my new ones.  when i (finally) get my egg slots back in two days (XD), i'll influence the other ones the opposite gender.  i only have one egg slot right now, so i'll be stalking the AP to see what goodies i can find XD 

any news on the 7th egg yet?

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I have grabbed a few new release eggs, will likely trade for the other ones sometime soon 😄

As for the 7th egg, I have a crazy idea that maybe it's a hybrid of any of the 6 eggs?

Or even crazier, a hybrid of all 6? XD 

Nice trystan, more well prepared then me :P 

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I dropped my wrong breed breeding challenge egg into the AP, too. It got adopted and named which is nice. A few more days until I can breed again.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I decided last year so long as I spiralled, I wasn't going to worry too much about the breed. Can't do that anyway when you get no egg. *glares at her dragons*

1 hour ago, trystan said:

this sounds about right for me too. :) 

I might need to do the same but, I just like the idea of a very long spiral step too much :P 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

random, cause i was thinking about it: are there any red, starry dragons that are male? (the red Nebula is the female *sigh*)

Sadly there are not :( 

Back to fixing up more clay projects and some new lineages for new dragons ❤️ 

*puts out more homemade Greek cookies* ❤️ 

11 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Sadly there are not :( 

ah, dang.

a red starry one would have been perfect for Talyn. *sigh*

14 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Hope you are alright Izzy! o:

I'll smack that cob of corn if it hurt you again XD 

I am ok, but thank you XD 

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

ah, dang.

a red starry one would have been perfect for Talyn. *sigh*

Male Astaarus are like yellowy/orange/blue with stars on their wings, but that's about as close as I can figure.

11 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Male Astaarus are like yellowy/orange/blue with stars on their wings, but that's about as close as I can figure.

this is true,

i think Talyn will end up being an Elux Lucis, that's what his mom is.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I go off house sitting again today. It's reached the point again where I'm out of my house more than I'm in it. I'll be fine so long as Julian's able to continue feeding the cats. I never intended to have pets of my own but the cats had other plans.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I go off house sitting again today. It's reached the point again where I'm out of my house more than I'm in it. I'll be fine so long as Julian's able to continue feeding the cats. I never intended to have pets of my own but the cats had other plans.

Good morning!

*takes some juice* Thank you!

Hope this round of house sitting goes well. As far as the cats go, of course they had other plans, cats always have plans!

Good morning, CPA! Hot and muggy here again today, but supposed to be cooler most of the week after this.

*loads plate with waffles -- those have no calories, right?*

52 minutes ago, catstaff said:

of course they had other plans, cats always have plans!

And they rarely, if ever, coincide with the plans of the people who serve them!

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

Hope this round of house sitting goes well.

Thanks. It's two dogs, one medium-sized highstrung young potcake and one small freight-train-breathing also highstrung French bulldog.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

*loads plate with waffles -- those have no calories, right?*

Right! ;)

Car unloaded. Tea now being enjoyed.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I never intended to have pets of my own but the cats had other plans.

sounds like cats!

2 hours ago, catstaff said:

As far as the cats go, of course they had other plans, cats always have plans!

their plan is complete: there are plenty of human slaves to serve them!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

And they rarely, if ever, coincide with the plans of the people who serve them!

this is very accurate! *looks at Aemon, my cute foster fail* - and he knows he's a cutie too.

i'm off today.

the first plan was to go to the picnic my fellowship is having today.... outside at a park.  not if it's supposed to be in the 90sF with a heat advisory and possible thunderstorms this afternoon! oof.

the second plan was to pick up my shopping this morning.  well that didn't happen, because the coolers the store uses to store the orders lost power, and they had to cancel everyone's orders for today.  so much for me getting that done a day early.  (no, i don't like going to the store to shop anymore. *sigh*)

last night, my vamp Neferet was able to bite again, and this time she bit the egg, it turned.... and it stayed on my scroll!!  that's my last vampire i need for my House of Night vampires.  and that's all the vampires i need.... until i find more vampire characters to name my dragons! XD (i've got them all here, if anyone's interested).

if i incubate my first NR dragons i got, they'll hatch at 12:30 in the morning (another 13 hours from now) and 1 a.m..... i like to take them out of hatcheries when they hatch though.  and even though there's a better chance i'll still be awake at that time to do that.... maybe i'll just wait until tomorrow morning when they're incuhatchable.  i need to go through my Reds - i only have 2 that can incubate, and i want to see when the rest of them come back! :blink:

also, i'm glad that i'm still seeing the NRs in all the biomes! :D 

(has anyone had a good solid guess on that seventh egg, or we won't really know until users have adults?)

Tracy Vetter of ... Toronto?

Who are these vampires?

Yeah. I think we won't know til we have a full srt of user-owned adults.

I'm watching The Brady Bunch. :P (The original series.)

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Tracy Vetter of ... Toronto?

Who are these vampires?

well, Tracy, Natalie, and Fleur were never vamps in the series.  but Lacroix, Divia, Janette, Nick, Vachon, Screed, and Urs are vamps in Forever Knight.  but the show took place in Toronto, and "Tracy Vetter" was already taken (a frozen Dino hatchie!) XD 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I'm watching The Brady Bunch. :P (The original series.)

well that's cool.  my rewatch is Sliders.  never sure when i'll actually watch the episodes though... ;) 

Edited by trystan

19 minutes ago, trystan said:

well that's cool.

It's a station called MeTV. Now they're on Full House.

I've earned my weekly shards by reviewing desriptions.

20 minutes ago, trystan said:

and "Tracy Vetter" was already taken (a frozen Dino hatchie!) XD 

XD

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

It's a station called MeTV. Now they're on Full House.

yep, we have MeTV too.  hubby watches Hogan's Heroes at 10 on weeknights.  i watch it with him. :D 

....i know, right? XD 

7 hours ago, trystan said:

last night, my vamp Neferet was able to bite again, and this time she bit the egg, it turned.... and it stayed on my scroll!!  that's my last vampire i need for my House of Night vampires.  and that's all the vampires i need.... until i find more vampire characters to name my dragons! XD (i've got them all here, if anyone's interested).

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for not giving any of your vamps sparkly names! (Not even gonna dignify that series by naming them.)

I also guess that you haven't yet found an available variation of Vlad Dracul?

Edited to add, don't forget Count von Count from Sesame Street - or Grandpa and Lily Munster!

Edited by catstaff