Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Because the Great God TJ09 has not yet deemed that it shall be logged. XD

Does it show in the log when a sino is summoned? (It's been a long while since I last did that.)

fair enough.

and.... i don't think so? it's been a while for me as well

So I went to another forum to find an RP and found a pokemon one. The group is really friendly and I did a collab first post that was like 7 pages long. Hoping it all stays well. They have a good sense of humour.

39 minutes ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

So I went to another forum to find an RP and found a pokemon one. The group is really friendly and I did a collab first post that was like 7 pages long. Hoping it all stays well. They have a good sense of humour.

Always good to find a fun bunch to RP with!

I definitely need a couple more bookshelves, but the store closest to me is sold out of the color I need. But that's okay, too, because the next closest store is (relatively) close to the Shore Line Trolley Museum, which just opened for the season, so I'm thinking of spending a couple hours riding the trolleys there before going back on the bookshelf hunt.

For the transportation history nerds, the Shoreline Trolley Museum is the oldest continuously running suburban trolley line in the USA - A National Historic District. The Museum operates the Branford Electric Railway, opened in 1900, which is recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior as the oldest continuously-operated suburban trolley line in the United States.  The museum’s line and equipment are listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Branford Electric Railway Historic District.

trolley.jpg

Edited by catstaff

8 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Always good to find a fun bunch to RP with!

I definitely need a couple more bookshelves, but the store closest to me is sold out of the color I need. But that's okay, too, because the next closest store is (relatively) close to the Shore Line Trolley Museum, which just opened for the season, so I'm thinking of spending a couple hours riding the trolleys there before going back on the bookshelf hunt.

For the transportation history nerds, the Shoreline Trolley Museum is the oldest continuously running suburban trolley line in the USA - A National Historic District. The Museum operates the Branford Electric Railway, opened in 1900, which is recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior as the oldest continuously-operated suburban trolley line in the United States.  The museum’s line and equipment are listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Branford Electric Railway Historic District.

trolley.jpg

That sounds awesome and I want to visit! Might be a future road trip for my husband and I. :D

To those in the US, happy Memorial Day! 

6 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

......is this about that adventuring thread? can someone explain that to me?

The new dragons from the birthday release have a BSA called Adventure. You can pick 1 - 6 dragons to adventure with i.e. tackle the seventh dragon. If they lose, it's a fourteen day cooldown. If they win, you get the seventh dragon, and the dragon(s) that adventured out will retire and never adventure again (like the zyus who summon a sino can never summon again). People are trying to figure out if any particular combo works better than any other, but since it's a random thing, there shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

group is really friendly 

Yay for friendly! (Don't forget us, okay? ;) )

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

I'm thinking of spending a couple hours riding the trolleys

That sounds like a fun way to spend some time! :)

48 minutes ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

We call those Trams here. Trolleys are what you call shopping carts

Gotta love the English language! XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I have bill paying errands to run today, and I go to my next house sit this evening. Not sure I'll get back from running them to the airport in time for Rachel.

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yes, Agatha.

Well, Cuba isn't a continent... 

Both the Pacific and Atlantic storms are named Agatha?

Just tried 6 individual Adenturers parties, all failed.

3rd group just hatched and have been named (all Final Fantasy 14 Related):

Thancred The Tank

Guydelot The Ranger

Aphinaud The Healer

Alisaie The Mage

Yugiri The Rogue

Jehantel The Bard

Good morning, CPA!

Just came back from walking with my friends. We went early today, which is good, because it was starting to get hot and humid before we were done. Lovely day for walking, though. We have had so much rain lately that everything is green and lush!

My friend's husband had some columbine plants that he had started from seed and gave me some of them. I will have to figure out the best place to put them and get them in the ground today. I have another plant that needs to go in, too, plus some daffodil bulbs from Easter that are still in the pot they came in.

I have some Adventurers that just grew up overnight, so I will try again to see what kind of luck I have. It really does seem like it is total RNG. I don't notice that people who send full parties are any more likely to succeed that those who send only one, in spite of the script that makes it sound like a varied party is better.

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Both the Pacific and Atlantic storms are named Agatha?

Nope. Right now, it's still in the Pacific but expected to reform once it crosses over to the Atlantic side. I'm not sure if it will keep the same name or be renamed to whatever this year's Atlantic A name is. Storms don't often cross over.

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Just tried 6 individual Adenturers parties, all failed.

My last five tries have been unsuccessful, too. I did have one success. I still have eggs and hatchies that will be tried later. No names yet for mine. Yours are nice. :)

Happy planting, @purplehaze:ph34r:

I had my second booster this morning. First time I've gone alone, so of course I treated myself to some LEGO afterwards for being brave. XD

Edited by Lagie
Ninja'd! BAD purplehaze...

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

My last five tries have been unsuccessful, too. I did have one success. I still have eggs and hatchies that will be tried later. No names yet for mine. Yours are nice. :)

I had my second booster this morning. First time I've gone alone, so of course I treated myself to some LEGO afterwards for being brave. XD

Thank you :3 and best of luck! 

Proud of you for being brave!

Everyone knows the best way to win is to be egglocked when you Adventure.

32 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Everyone knows the best way to win is to be egglocked when you Adventure.

Nope. Egglocked for 4 of my last 5 netted nada. :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

and best of luck! 

Proud of you for being brave!

Thanks, and thanks!

This is, oddly, the first time there's been blood on the bandage. Blerg.

Is there anything  I can be right about today?

Lost_Unicorn was looking for a Uni code. There's a Murkling with one in trade, but they want  a Z code NR (but not a Furor). I have none. 

I'll try offering my Astralophyne hatchling even though it's not a z code.

Real or fake headline?

"Mona Lisa attacked with cake by man 'dressed as old lady in wheelchair'"

Hi guys! I'm back home too, and I'm so tired. Ugh. Oh and my ankle hurts again, but that's gonna be a thing that happens. At least I have Pippin Cat again! ❤️❤️ 

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Real or fake headline?

"Mona Lisa attacked with cake by man 'dressed as old lady in wheelchair'"

The world has indeed gone mad. :blink:

40 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

least I have Pippin Cat again! ❤️❤️ 

Yay!

Still waiting to head to the other house. We never set a time... 

Well, just got in from the day's errands - the other store only had one bookcase of the color I needed, but that's still going to be 2-3 more boxes of books shelved once I get it built. Which will be tomorrow; it's not *quite* too late to pull out my hammer, but chances are it will be too late by the time I hit the stage where I need to use said hammer.

However... I not only got to ride the trolleys at the museum, I got to drive one!

See, last week, they had a special "Motorman for a day" event, which I only found out about the night before, and when I tried to sign up for it, the website wouldn't let me. I figured it was a case of being too late - they were fully booked or whatever. But in talking with one of the gentlemen operating the trolleys today, I mentioned that I wanted to find out when the next such event was, as I'd always wanted to try running a trolley. (I grew up near where I'm living now, and my family used to go to the museum at least once a year all through my childhood.)

Well, he said he was planning to stay after closing to do some restoration work since he wanted to leave the area late enough to avoid the holiday traffic, and that if I was willing to stick around until the last run of the day, he'd see if he could get permission to show me the ropes and let me run the trolley... and the boss said yes! (Sure, I had to pay extra for the privilege, but I'd have paid that much if I'd gotten into the event on the day they actually held it.)

Some parts were a little nerve-wracking - my mentor kept telling me what the speed limit was through various switches and through a couple of relatively sharp curves, but there's no speedometer, so I had to best-guess my speed. I think I did okay, though. My biggest issue was braking a little too hard; there's a handle to turn to put the brakes on, but you have to turn it back quickly if you want to slow down but not come to a halt, and I had some trouble with turning it back quickly enough. But I got us to the end of the line, learned how to swap out the overhead poles, and got back to the station (3 miles for the round trip) and my mentor even commented that I did really well in picking the right spot to go from full power to coasting in order to slow down enough for the curves without needing to hit the brakes.

Anyway, I got to operate Brooklyn Rapid Transit #4573, a convertible trolley built in 1906:

trolley resize.jpg

good evening all!

we had the party (lunch - pizza) for daughter and her boyfriend, and we opened a bottle of wine to go with the cake for dessert! :D 

there was only 8 of us, small group, but that was also because my one nephew plays baseball, and the playoffs were this weekend.  so that brother and family wasn't there.  we were hoping my mother-inlaw might come - get her out of the house and with people - but she just wasn't in the "party" mood. everyone grieves differently.

now i'm stalking the Cave for another (4th) round of Adventurers, and the AP for a few random others.

12 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Anyway, I got to operate Brooklyn Rapid Transit #4573, a convertible trolley built in 1906

that is totally cool!

Edited by trystan

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Thanks, and thanks!

This is, oddly, the first time there's been blood on the bandage. Blerg.

Oof, I ALWAYS bleed

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Is there anything  I can be right about today?

Lost_Unicorn was looking for a Uni code. There's a Murkling with one in trade, but they want  a Z code NR (but not a Furor). I have none. 

I'll try offering my Astralophyne hatchling even though it's not a z code.

I have a z code Pyrrichios (bard) egg if you would like it to trade to help Lost get their egg. (I offered it on that trade. If it gets accepted, I'll send the Murkling to you if you like, or can send to Lost on your behalf)

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi guys! I'm back home too, and I'm so tired. Ugh. Oh and my ankle hurts again, but that's gonna be a thing that happens. At least I have Pippin Cat again! ❤️❤️ 

Same, Same, no bueno, YAY PIPPIN!

29 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Well, just got in from the day's errands - the other store only had one bookcase of the color I needed, but that's still going to be 2-3 more boxes of books shelved once I get it built. Which will be tomorrow; it's not *quite* too late to pull out my hammer, but chances are it will be too late by the time I hit the stage where I need to use said hammer.

However... I not only got to ride the trolleys at the museum, I got to drive one!

See, last week, they had a special "Motorman for a day" event, which I only found out about the night before, and when I tried to sign up for it, the website wouldn't let me. I figured it was a case of being too late - they were fully booked or whatever. But in talking with one of the gentlemen operating the trolleys today, I mentioned that I wanted to find out when the next such event was, as I'd always wanted to try running a trolley. (I grew up near where I'm living now, and my family used to go to the museum at least once a year all through my childhood.)

Well, he said he was planning to stay after closing to do some restoration work since he wanted to leave the area late enough to avoid the holiday traffic, and that if I was willing to stick around until the last run of the day, he'd see if he could get permission to show me the ropes and let me run the trolley... and the boss said yes! (Sure, I had to pay extra for the privilege, but I'd have paid that much if I'd gotten into the event on the day they actually held it.)

Some parts were a little nerve-wracking - my mentor kept telling me what the speed limit was through various switches and through a couple of relatively sharp curves, but there's no speedometer, so I had to best-guess my speed. I think I did okay, though. My biggest issue was braking a little too hard; there's a handle to turn to put the brakes on, but you have to turn it back quickly if you want to slow down but not come to a halt, and I had some trouble with turning it back quickly enough. But I got us to the end of the line, learned how to swap out the overhead poles, and got back to the station (3 miles for the round trip) and my mentor even commented that I did really well in picking the right spot to go from full power to coasting in order to slow down enough for the curves without needing to hit the brakes.

Anyway, I got to operate Brooklyn Rapid Transit #4573, a convertible trolley built in 1906:

trolley resize.jpg

THAT'S SO AWESOME!!

I am slightly burnt from swimming yesterday (Ben is a LOBSTER lol)

Cookie is driving me nuts with the incessant "can we go swimming, how bout now,now? how bout now?!" after I ALREADY GAVE HER AN ANSWER LIKE 6 TIMES

kids *shm* jeebus lol

Edited by IzzyCat91

Someone come name all my dragons. I'm too lazy. lol I used to do really well, but lately, it's just.... ugh. xD

12 hours ago, Lagie said:

The new dragons from the birthday release have a BSA called Adventure. You can pick 1 - 6 dragons to adventure with i.e. tackle the seventh dragon. If they lose, it's a fourteen day cooldown. If they win, you get the seventh dragon, and the dragon(s) that adventured out will retire and never adventure again (like the zyus who summon a sino can never summon again). People are trying to figure out if any particular combo works better than any other, but since it's a random thing, there shouldn't be.

aaahhhh, cool.

43 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Someone come name all my dragons. I'm too lazy. lol I used to do really well, but lately, it's just.... ugh. xD

haha, I know the feels. nowadays I go to a fantasy name generator site and get one from there.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

so that was another deal i made with myself.  name the dragons.

so if i don't have a name, i don't pick up the egg.

yes, it's a whole lotta fun at new release time! :blink:

but, @WaterScorpion - i also have a fantasy name generator i've used for NaNo, too!

1 hour ago, catstaff said:

That is really awesome. Congratulations! :D

We are having burgers and baked beans for dinner tonight -- picnic food, but not a picnic. ;) Daughter-in-law made a bunch of pasta salad and sent some to us through our daughter, who they spent some time with yesterday. It looks yummy so that will be added to the menu.

I didn't get my plants planted today. The yard was in full sun and it was just too hot for me. I will go out in the morning before the heat of the day, when the back is in the shade.

House sitting now. I had to drive back from the airport in the rain, then unload my car, then inch each of the cars forward bit by bit to be able to close the gate. I will leave one of them at my house tomorrow. :rolleyes: