Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

*hugs izzy*

*sigh* moving out sucks. I just want to take some time off but there's so much to do....

Thanks all. It wasn't the worst day, but I am glad it's over. Off to bed soon so I can do it all over again tomorrow *eye roll*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I managed to do enough book sorting yesterday that I'm actually going to stay put and not go to work today. Now for laundry and food shopping...

Hope work goes well, @galleri!

Laundry done, later than anticipated so I will leave the food shopping for tomorrow. Sundays are double stamps so if you don't go before 10 the rest of the day is super busy and too many people.

hullo all.

i worked this morning, did some goofing off this afternoon, and now i'm playing with dragons and yarn tonight. :D 

Goofing off sounds great. I've been doing LEGO stuff (tried to turn my treehouse into a wintery tree but didn't order enough white leaves).

For @Dirtytabs, this sounds like one of yours ;) -

Screenshot_20220206-175617.thumb.jpg.0bbd61916afdf62f685b17fde502f246.jpg

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hope work goes well, @galleri!

Laundry done, later than anticipated so I will leave the food shopping for tomorrow. Sundays are double stamps so if you don't go before 10 the rest of the day is super busy and too many people.

Work was super busy. I felt like the worst server in the world today :( I was non stop getting slammed and I know I was not able to give out good server due to that.

What is double stamp day?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

hullo all.

i worked this morning, did some goofing off this afternoon, and now i'm playing with dragons and yarn tonight. :D 

Playing with dragons and yarn sounds super fun. I haven't played with yarn in so long... hmmm.... lol 

Actually I need to start making a quick tutu for my daughter.

3 minutes ago, galleri said:

Playing with dragons and yarn sounds super fun. I haven't played with yarn in so long... hmmm.... lol 

so Ravelry has an event that runs concurrent to the Olympics - the Ravellenic* Games.  basically - challenge yourself to making projects during the oympics, and have fun.  there's "events" you can enter - WIPs Dancing, Toy Bobsleigh, Cowl Curling, Hat Halfpipe - fun yarn things you can make with an olympic flair to them.  you can get "medals" - graphics you can put on your project pages to show them off, from the official group and if you're on a team, you can get medal graphics, and laurels - extras, like if you only use one skein of yarn, or you win at yarn chicken.  so far, i've completed a blanket for a friend (WIPs Dancing), and i'm making a Balloon Dog for another friend (Toy Bobsleigh).

*they used to call them the Ravelympics, but then the actual US Olympic Committee "yelled" at them (Jessica & Cassidy, owners and founders of Ravelry), and issued a Cease and Desist order to not use anything sounding like "Olympics" in their event - which is just for fun and graphics and finished yarny items, yeesh!  so, like the original Hellenic Games of yore, they're now called the Ravellenics.  :blink: :rolleyes: XD 

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

so Ravelry has an event that runs concurrent to the Olympics - the Ravellenic* Games.  basically - challenge yourself to making projects during the oympics, and have fun.  there's "events" you can enter - WIPs Dancing, Toy Bobsleigh, Cowl Curling, Hat Halfpipe - fun yarn things you can make with an olympic flair to them.  you can get "medals" - graphics you can put on your project pages to show them off, from the official group and if you're on a team, you can get medal graphics, and laurels - extras, like if you only use one skein of yarn, or you win at yarn chicken.  so far, i've completed a blanket for a friend (WIPs Dancing), and i'm making a Balloon Dog for another friend (Toy Bobsleigh).

*they used to call them the Ravelympics, but then the actual US Olympic Committee "yelled" at them (Jessica & Cassidy, owners and founders of Ravelry), and issued a Cease and Desist order to not use anything sounding like "Olympics" in their event - which is just for fun and graphics and finished yarny items, yeesh!  so, like the original Hellenic Games of yore, they're now called the Ravellenics.  :blink: :rolleyes: XD 

This sounds amazing! I used to love Ravelry,  just have not crocheted in so long though. My hands were hurting a lot, especially after I had my daughter :(

Wow on the Olympic Committee doing that. :/ 

1 minute ago, galleri said:

This sounds amazing! I used to love Ravelry,  just have not crocheted in so long though. My hands were hurting a lot, especially after I had my daughter :(

Wow on the Olympic Committee doing that. 😕

wow, hopefully your hands might not hurt as much, and you might be able to make something small sometime.

my first Ravellenics was in 2016, and i had a great time.  according to a google search, the last time they were the Ravelympics was in 2012.  now it's just a part of Ravelry history.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

hullo all.

kinda did the same except I think I did more goofing around than work. that being said, back to packing u_u

5 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

kinda did the same except I think I did more goofing around than work. that being said, back to packing u_u

i'm quite good at doing more goofing around than working XD 

good luck with the packing and the moving!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Goofing off sounds great. I've been doing LEGO stuff (tried to turn my treehouse into a wintery tree but didn't order enough white leaves).

For @Dirtytabs, this sounds like one of yours ;) -

Oh, I've never seen a crossword puzzle formatted like that. Made me laugh, and nice planning out the square pattern. :D 

12 hours ago, trystan said:

whoops, need more white leaves then!

Definitely! They get ordered to be shipped to a friend's parents' house in Denmark... so it will be a while before I get the next batch (she just returned from a trip there which is how I got these).

11 hours ago, galleri said:

Work was super busy. I felt like the worst server in the world today :( I was non stop getting slammed and I know I was not able to give out good server due to that.

*hugs* Busy days are stressful. I'm sure you gave it your best!

11 hours ago, galleri said:

What is double stamp day?

One of our food store gives out stamps. One stamp for every $5 you spend. Twelve stamps on a card will give you $1 off when you redeem it. Yeah... that's $60 spent to get $1 off... but on Sundays you get two stamps for the $5, so a lot of people now do their big shops on Sundays. I tend to save mine up, spend an evening doing the sticking, then use them in batches of ten to get a bit off each bill.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

Ravelry has an event that runs concurrent to the Olympics - the Ravellenic* Games.  basically - challenge yourself to making projects during the oympics, and have fun. 

That sounds fun! 

Bizarre about the Olympics Committee getting their knickers in a twist. Just goes to show how popular your event is that they even knew about it!

9 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Oh, I've never seen a crossword puzzle formatted like that. Made me laugh, and nice planning out the square pattern. :D 

I wish I could show you the whole page but I shred each one as I go along so the book is lighter for travelling about house sitting. They basically give you the chunks for each block and you have to figure out which chunk goes in which space. The pun of this one definitely made me think of you! XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Whew. I think I'm typed out already! ;) Today I have to do my food shopping and go pay my maintenance fees and get a few office-y supplies for the shop.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:
13 hours ago, trystan said:

Ravelry has an event that runs concurrent to the Olympics - the Ravellenic* Games.  basically - challenge yourself to making projects during the oympics, and have fun. 

That sounds fun! 

Bizarre about the Olympics Committee getting their knickers in a twist. Just goes to show how popular your event is that they even knew about it!

i know, right??

i read a few of the artlcles that were published at that time - NPR, Washington Post, the Atlantic... basically they were saying that today's knitters are not little old grandmas anymore.  we know how to use the internet and social media and we're younger and more tech savvy too. and really, it's all in fun!  but the USOC said something about it denigrating the athletes, or some such hooey.  whatever.

so.  i'm stalking the AP for nebulas.  i want another alt to influence female, since i only have one of those.  i also only had one CB nebula that was a male.  so yesterday, after some stalking, i refreshed a biome, and there was the nebula egg description. i hit f5 again (silly trys), but it was still there.  so now i'll have a CB pair, and maybe get my alt that way, after 20 million breedings XD

I think I would have to go with something smaller -- much smaller! XD

Cute dragon!

I've done my shopping, and some reading outside, and some LEGO and still have a chunk of day left. It's been a good weekend.

so i had a weird thing happen today.

on one of the many discords i'm on, there's one that's come from a long line of forums.  once upon a time, it was a clicky-critter site and a forum.  then the owner sorta imploded it, and the rest of us were left to pick up the pieces.  the mods and other coders and web designers and everyone got together to try to put together a site.  the end result is the "F" in my sig - for Faenaria.  but along the way there was a facebook group, a livejournal, and even a forum using proboards.  but only on facebook did we know real names.

the weird thing that happened today was someone posted on discord that a fellow member of those many sites had passed away due to covid.  they used a real name, but associated with (what turned out to be) the wrong online name.  after searching an in a few places, i finally posted that that person with that online name seemed to have a different real name than the one the discord poster mentioned.  eventually, everything got sorted:  the online name was someone else (who is still alive), and we did learn who it was that did die of covid.  which is an awful thing.

but what came out of it, is that i now have a line in most of my profiles with my real name in it.  i've added it on my profile here too, and i'm kinda amused at it myself.  but people who read signatures might not be all that surprised. :)

Edited by trystan

3 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i had a weird thing happen today.

on one of the many discords i'm on, there's one that's come from a long line of forums.  once upon a time, it was a clicky-critter site and a forum.  then the owner sorta imploded it, and the rest of us were left to pick up the pieces.  the mods and other coders and web designers and everyone got together to try to put together a site.  the end result is the "F" in my sig - for Faenaria.  but along the way there was a facebook group, a livejournal, and even a forum using proboards.  but only on facebook did we know real names.

the weird thing that happened today was someone posted on discord that a fellow member of the many sites had passed away due to covid.  they used a real name, but the wrong online name.  after searching an in a few places, i finally posted that that person with that online name seemed to have a different real name than the one the discord poster mentioned.  eventually, everything got sorted.  the online name was someone else (who is still alive), and we did learn who it was that did die of covid.  which is an awful thing.

but what came out of it, is that i now have a line in most of my profiles with my real name in it.  it's here too, and i'm kinda amused at it myself.  but people who read signatures might not be all that surprised. :)

So glad the actual person was ok!!

For me I have been a bit guarded over my real name. I moderator an online game, and some of the players are vicious enough to dox or have a home swatted :/ I have been stalked by four of them over the last 15 years. 

It is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan I just found the perfect crochet project for a dragon addict! Check it out!

Oh wow! That is HUGE!!!

@Lagie I wish somewhere in the states they would do that with double stamps!  You can barely do double coupons anymore :(