Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

36 minutes ago, Lagie said:

There was some good general info in the How Was Your Day thread (which we seem to have commandeered into being a coronavirus chat...) - 

I know, right? That's all that anyone is talking about anymore. I am using all the precautions and I don't have any symptoms, and I don't even see anyone coughing or anything like that at work or at the gym or at the swim club or at the grocery store. The Governor here in California keeps having breaking news updates, the latest one that he suggested is that if you are 65 years old or older you should self quarantine by staying home so you don't come in contact with someone who has the virus.

I think people need to talk about it so they can get their fears of it out and be reassured by other people that they are doing the right things.

Thanks for posting those Lagie.  For the life of me, I couldn't get it to work. 

Edited by Classycal

51 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Thanks for posting those Lagie.  For the life of me, I couldn't get it to work. 

You're welcome!

I finally had a post in my feed that said what to do, as in how to treat yourself, if you have symptoms, as opposed to which emergency or info number to call.

it's good that we're sharing info on what to do, including not panicking!

we got home from across the state about 5ish hours after we left.  it's a really lonnnnnng drive *sigh*

I'm not going to get tested even if I have symptoms. I will just self quarantine. I heard that it is transferable to dogs, many dogs have been quarantined in China, and I don't want my service dog to be quarantined away from me. I would rather die than be without him.

I mean, the best way to fight this virus is being properly informed and taking good preventative measures (and not panicking nor alienating people)

Good morning everyone!

Man this virus thing is moving fast. In one week we went from one person to 61 people who have been tested positive for it.

Crazy!

Good morning peeps!

I wish our Government (UK) would take this virus more seriously. If we took the right measures now we could bypass the worst. Instead it seems we are waiting until things get really bad. 

Hi there Swift!

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

How goes it?

SPIRIT!

*snugs*

I'm good! Finally got my sixth shiny XD

Spoiler

ETKcTbFU0AEaGP9?format=jpg&name=large

But I don't think my doggo has much faith in my cooking. XD

Spoiler

ETKcTbOUUAUmnb6?format=jpg&name=large

How's you?

Edited by Fortune86

XD

Yeah I agree... Doggo isn't sure of this situation

Things are a bit stressful here at work. They are planning a dry run tomorrow for some people to work from home... But I don't have internet at my flat. So I still have to come in tomorrow.

Well I do kind of tend to slighty burn the curry a little bit...

But now all I have to do is some leveling up and then I'm finally done with the game until I get the DLC XD Now I can read my books!

I have internet but a lot of my job is actual paperwork. I can't do that from home and it needs to be done. 

Well, I'm going to volunteer at a thrift shop tomorrow.  I probably shouldn't go out, but I don't want to just sit at home unless we start getting cases where I live (and we will).  I also need cat litter and cat food.  

What is the UK doing Fortune?  The governor in the next state over from me has closed all restaurants and bars to inside dining.  Our governor (Kentucky) doesn't want to have to do that.  I'm glad because of all those jobs.  But New York City just did the same so I see it coming.  

At the moment it seems to just be washing hands, buying too much loo roll and politely suggesting that people over 70 self-isolate for potentially up to 4 months. 

My dad's 71, but he can't self-isolate because he lives with me (what am I supposed to do? stick him in a cupboard?) and has a job that we can't afford for him to lose.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

In a country where everyone listens to the radio, our PM last night made a national address that was televised only. And I don't have TV (but I do have a radio...) so I have no clue what he said.

I cannot run my shop from home, and most of the other parts of my job are not online-able so I'd be readimg and doing lots of origami if we were sent home. Someone would have to stay at the shelter to deal with the animals.

so i'm off today, because in a pre-covid19 world, i would have been on my way back from taking younger daughter back to college after spring break.  as it is, i'm still off from work, but i'm pretty sure we'll be able to work at our office, as there's only the two of us - me and my boss - and we have separate offices.  Starbucks has switched to take-out online and that's what i do every morning anyway.

as for my retail job - my county and the surrounding counties have closed non-essential retail locations.  when i texted my manager yesterday, he said his boss said we're still open, but he'd keep us updated. he also said that if we don't feel comfortable coming in, we don't have to... but it's part time.... if i don't go in, i don't get paid. *shrug* we shall see.

I am still waiting for decisions for our shelter and my shop. My friend thinks I should unilaterally close the shop as I have asthma.

I was home all weekend because everything I would have done was cancelled. I went to my Jazzercise class this morning, though. They are carrying on with modifications -- no use of equipment like weights or bands, just body weight resistance. We had 8 people there this morning, which gave plenty of room for distancing.

I will just play it by ear each day, I guess. I am technically high risk because of my age, but have no health problems. I am more concerned for my daughter-in-law who has asthma and works in a healthcare setting!

I just hope this is not the new world order, and there really will be a happy ending to this. There are unconfirmed reports from my friends in the CDC that they will have a vaccine by the end of April. I  hope it is true. I have to hang on to that. There is light at the end of the dark tunnel.

I thought it would take much longer to come up with a vaccine, but maybe I'm wrong.  I mean, I thought it just wasn't possible to make a vaccine that fast.  

As did I.

I cannot believe my friend and I spent TWO HOURS in the food store, mostly with her shopping as she has several people and pets to care for. My single bag was far simpler and freakingly expensive. Now I know yet again why I prefer the other food store.

for about the past 5ish weeks, i've been using the buy-online-pickup-in-store for my groceries - i started with the food that doesn't need to go in the fridge, and would go in the store for the rest of it... mainly due to the fact i'm mostly lazy... XD so the last two or so times, i just set it to pick up pretty much all of my groceries (except for the few sandwiches i'd go in and pick up for dinner) so.... maybe i was planning for this all along? :blink:

Perhaps you were!

Online shopping isn't an option here.

maybe!  it's so much easier, scrolling through and shopping as opposed to pushing a cart up and down the aisles. the question i have is will i actually get the rolls of TP i ordered? XD