Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hello!

oh this volume is growing from day to day.

I wonder when i will see my friends. We had plans that they visit us this weekend. Well then again next month... first a storm now a virus what's next on the list to not let us see in person?

@Lagie Sorry to hear about that dog and i wonder how many more people miss that dog.

Edited by Tigerkralle

morning all!  i mean, evening!  it's just about 7 p.m. for me... i'm on Cave time. :) 

worked at my retail job today.  it started out slow, and then we got busy! i work at a craft store, so...

i told a few customers today that back in january or february, the weather was calling for some snow (that we never got!) but we were really busy then too, so i said that crafting supplies is the new milk, bread, and eggs that people run out to buy.... i have no idea why people run out to buy milk, bread, and eggs when there's a storm coming.  craft supplies also don't go bad if the power were to go out.

i stopped at a Rite-Aid earlier and overheard a woman ask the lady at the register if she had any masks left, and my thought was "are you sick? if not then you don't need it!".... everyone's trying to buy toilet paper and hand sanitizer, and i bought hair dye. XD 

6 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

I wonder when i will see my friends. We had plans that they visit us this weekend. Well then again next month... first a storm now a virus what's next on the list to not let us see in person?

@Lagie Sorry to hear about that dog and i wonder how many more people miss that dog.

Crazy how life gets in the way of visiting, isn't it?

I have a crew of 17 volunteers, spread all over the world now, and there's most of the shelter staff, too, and some of the customers, so she is definitely missed. :( Also by the other younger dog we have. Foxtrot grew up with her always there.

@trystan, so you'll be dying your hair while in quarantine?

Our food stores are chaos. There in no hand sanitizer to be had on the island, or Lysol, or toilet paper. And we don't have a single confirmed case yet.

The dog show was cancelled for next weekend, not for fear of crowds, but because the vets' association won't let the U.S. dogs come in.

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

@trystan, so you'll be dying your hair while in quarantine?

well, i'm not in quarantine (yet...), so it's all good.  and i'm not sick either, so that better.

I don't understand that hoarding mentality. We see it here whenever snow is predicted. The demand items here are milk, bread and toilet paper! The stores sometimes run out of milk! You'd think people were going to be stranded for months -- when in reality it is seldom more than two or three days, even in the worst of storms. :o

The hoarding of cleaners and hand sanitizers and medical equipment like masks is more dangerous, though, because people who really need them won't be able to get them. Fortunately I was fairly well stocked on all that before this hit, so hopefully by the time I need more the stores will be re-supplied.

Our problem on restocking is that everything we sell is imported.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

hoard craft supplies! XD 

(who needs milk, bread, and eggs? XD )

😆 I know, priorities...... lol

i have lots of yarn and lots of projects to crochet, should i need to remain at home for whatever the reason.

Books. Lego. Puzzles.

My main issue is, I am most likely not going to be in my own home by the time anything happens here, that is, if the person I will be house sitting for does end up leaving on Monday as planned.

everything will all work out in the end.

i'll be looking to see if i have some grey and red yarn in a little bit.... XD 

Grey and red? Are they special?

if you're a coronavirus.... i'mma gonna make one

Spoiler

coronavirus-dark-1200x800.jpg?ver=2020-0

ps Lagie, i sent you a PM

Ah, okay. Good luck with that!

(No image in there...)

I don't know whether to say it's ugly or pretty.  It's a toss up.  I have red and gray yarn, but I don't think I'll be making one.

People are going crazy.  There's no toilet paper or paper towels on the shelves.  Thank goodness I got TP the other day.  I got it because I needed it - not to hoard it.  I did get two boxes of Kleenex because I go thru so much with my allergies - again not to hoard it.  I think people are over reacting, but time will tell.  

i'm kinda making it to annoy my older daughter, but it's kind of a way to bring some levity to it all.

my shopping day is tuesday, but for the last month i've been using Giant Direct, and i go right to the store to pick it up.  i'll go in and pick up a few things first, then get the rest of my order.  if my one local giant is sold out when i order monday night, i can change the pick-up to another store that gets orders right from Peapod, so hopefully i'll be able to get my usual two rolls of TP when i do my shopping next week. 😮 

I don't get this at all. Six states have activated their National Guard. I don't like this at all. They said it is to fight the coronavirus.

I can see Pres Trump instituting martial law.  I mean if 6 states have already activated the National Guard.....

eeps, guess it was too much to expect not seeing coronavirus stuff here x:

haven't been to the store in a while but heard of all the chaos

Hello peeps! Hope everyone’s day is going good!

Oops gotta poof for dinner. Bye peeps! XD 

Edited by Swiftphoenix

10 hours ago, trystan said:

weird! i can see an image, but here ya go...

Nada.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I wonder if today will be as slow as the last three days in my shop. Everyone's at the food stores panic buying, and we don't even have any cases here yet.

P.S. Happy Pi Day!

Edited by Lagie

People were reporting no meat or chicken at our closest grocery store, yesterday. And of course no bottled water, toilet paper, or hand sanitizer. The CDC is advising you have two weeks of food and water on hand in case you have to quarantine. I probably already have that much food in my freezer, although we might be eating some pretty odd combinations by the end of that time. XD 

By the way, anyone playing "How high can you count..." we have a challenge for Pi Day!

Edited by purplehaze