Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

LOL swift!

in other news, i bred 7 pairs of dragons that i could have gotten a hybrid out of.  i got ZERO.  silly hybrids.

i just want one more Storm-Rider, that's all.  maybe a few more Carinas and Dusk Pygmies though...

I've not had a lot of luck with hybrids.  I do have a few, but usually when I try I get no egg.

16 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It is no wonder people are confused about things with leadership like that. It seems that nationally we are finally getting folks on the same page -- even (mostly) the president -- but local and state governments are still at odds with each other and sometimes within themselves. The confusion puts people's lives in danger!

I would rather err on the side of caution myself.

It really is so confusing. We now fall under the heading of emergency personnel so I will continue going to work, but a lot of people in other industries don't know if they are supposed to report or not,, and nobody knows what the consequences will be if you leave your house when you are not supposed to or go somewhere that maybe isn't supposed to be open. Too many variables.

6 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Sad news just in... we had our first COVID deaths in Singapore :(

Sorry to hear that.

It's so quiet around here without the usual traffic.

*sets out bacon and eggs*

ooh, bacon and eggs, yummy!

i heard from the manager at my retail job, and we're closed until April 19th.  he gave me a link to HR; and PA unemployment... but i applied for unemployment yesterday,  we'll see how that goes.

won't really know much about the desk job until monday, but with just the two of us, it should be ok.... for now.

Ooh, bacon and eggs.  I have bacon and I have eggs.  I think I'll fix them!

Hello peeps. Going to church in a bit, ours is pretty small so hasn’t been canceled. My aunt is a nurse and she was deployed to do the testing about a week ago so that was a bit scary but Im doing pretty good I Guess.

I've been so tired today for some reason - more tired than usual.  It's so frustrating.   

i caught up on the Clone Wars series, and now i'm watching the Westworld season premier.  and crocheting. :) 

I just finished an afghan.  I need another project.  Maybe I'll make a lamp shade.  Lol...

i'm working on my Geeky Heirloom blanket - i'm stitching another panel in.  so i have two more panels to make, and then stitch them to the other two not in the blanket, stitch the bottom strip on.... and then the border. :blink:

Hello!

This situation is unreal.

I wonder when i will be able to get a haircut. Been waaay too long since i let anybody cut my hair and the spliss is starting to annoy me. With my long hair i tend to not go for a long time and then made them cut quite a bit (as in cutting a lenght about my thumb and hair is still over shoulder length) and then don't come for a long time again. I am afraid of trying to do that myself.

Only way it's save to not look ridiculous is by shaving my head, shoudl i try to cut my hair by myself.

I once was running from hair salon to hair salon to get someone to cut it dry right now. I made the mistake of cutting it by myself and it ended up not that horrible but i feeled so uncomfortable.
I don't like those cheap salons, always messing up the task i want them to do. A straigt cut of the spliss and a bit above so all is gone and keeping it at one lenght. In the end i found one with time for me and they let me pay with my EC card although you normally can only do that at a certain starting value. I had not enough cash on me that day.

Living in Germany the land of people used to pay in cash. Now times will change i assume. Wonder how often cash will be used after this whole the world-is-gonna-end-get-as-much-toiletpaper-as-you-can-gather is part of history.

Edited by Tigerkralle

It's lucky you found one open.  What does spliss mean?  I tried looking it up and found nothing. 

Edit:  I found it in wiktionary  Split ends.  Should have realized that.  My hair is all the way down to my waist so I'm sure I have lots of those. 

Edited by Classycal

*jumps in squealing* Guys guys guys! Had dinner with mom’s family today and my aunt (sister of nurse and my mom) broke some big news! I’m going to have another cousin! I really hope it’s a girl! *looks at all the boy cousins* :D 

I’m so excited!!! :D 🎉 

Congratulations!!

Well, we had virtual church services this morning.  It was great but not like being there.  For some reason with the program we were using, I had to log on my tablet for the video, but my tablet wasn't producing sound (Yes, it was on.), so I had to call in with my phone to get the audio.  Weird.

10 hours ago, Classycal said:

It's lucky you found one open.  What does spliss mean?  I tried looking it up and found nothing. 

Edit:  I found it in wiktionary  Split ends.  Should have realized that.  My hair is all the way down to my waist so I'm sure I have lots of those. 

Oh that was not now during Corona time. It was waaaay before that!

And still i was lucky to found one making my hair bearable without me wanting to hide my hair when it was warm outside, must have been late spring or early summer from the weather. Right now it's early spring here, not so warm.

Now i wonder when i can take care of that. I want a new haircut! Debating about wearing my hair short with myself. I am having long hair for such a long time...

@Swiftphoenix Congrats! All the best to your aunt and the new life. Psst twins are rare but possible.

Oh so church services like that sound great. Everything to keep this as normal as possible is great.

Edited by Tigerkralle

28 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

@Swiftphoenix 

Oh so church services like that sound great. Everything to keep this as normal as possible is great.

Yeah, it was very interesting.  I'm glad we were able to do that.  

i had my yarny group meeting thursday on skype and then a spring equinox thing friday night on zoom. my fellowship has cancelled services until April 19th, which is also when my retail job will open again.... hopefully.  this is all kinda ....weird.

i do have to go out tomorrow to pick up my groceries tomorrow.  what i don't know is how much they won't be able to fill because of everyone's panic buying. *sigh*

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

i had my yarny group meeting thursday on skype and then a spring equinox thing friday night on zoom. my fellowship has cancelled services until April 19th, which is also when my retail job will open again.... hopefully.  this is all kinda ....weird.

i do have to go out tomorrow to pick up my groceries tomorrow.  what i don't know is how much they won't be able to fill because of everyone's panic buying. *sigh*

We used zoom for our church services.  

Of all things, I couldn't get plain old rice the other day.  I wanted to make stir fry, so I had to buy some fancy rice that was expensive.  I hope it works for fried rice.  It's supposed to be "fragrant" so we'll see what happens there.  

In other news, with all the packing going on for my move, we have packed away all my sharp knives.  Now I'm going to have to buy one.  Lol...

Edited by Classycal

1 hour ago, Swiftphoenix said:

*jumps in squealing* Guys guys guys! Had dinner with mom’s family today and my aunt (sister of nurse and my mom) broke some big news! I’m going to have another cousin! I really hope it’s a girl! *looks at all the boy cousins* :D 

I’m so excited!!! :D 🎉 

Congratulations! Best wishes for a happy, healthy new cousin, whether boy or girl. ^_^

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

Well, we had virtual church services this morning.  It was great but not like being there.  For some reason with the program we were using, I had to log on my tablet for the video, but my tablet wasn't producing sound (Yes, it was on.), so I had to call in with my phone to get the audio.  Weird.

Our church does not have the technology to do that, but had links on their facebook page for other livestreaming services, so I was able to "go to church" after all. Not quite the same, but will have to do for now.

And now I am patiently waiting for some eggs to hatch so I can gather in some of the new ones! I just had room for two and snagged two of the icy blue ones. A few more hours and I will be able to get two of the others. The rest of my spaces won't be open until some time tomorrow. I refuse to drop any of the eggs I bred yesterday, even though they are all commons that would be easily replaced!

Edited by purplehaze