Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

That cartoon was cute!  And great toppage with the quote of it, Classy!

MUCH busier shop day than I anticipated, but a bunch of stupid frustrating customers made it a long and wearying day.

I am so ready to go home and crash.

The two thrift shops I volunteer at are not open on Saturdays.  I wish they were so I'd have something to do today.  I don't see either one closing for Covid 19 but time will tell. 

Saturday is by far our busiest day, followed by Wednesday then Friday then Thursday.

That's a bummer even if you don't care.

2 hours ago, Classycal said:

Do you ever get a day off?

Sunday and Monday are my weekend. I'm supposed to do all the rest of my tasks on Tuesdays but I usually end up fielding shop donations and shelter tours.

I have my days and nights backwards and have been up all night.  Well, at least I don't have to worry about missing church since there is no services today thanks to COVID 19.  I'm going to try to sleep now.

Sleep well.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberry and whipped cream*

I managed to bruise my rib yesterday. It's making breathing a tad awkward this morning.

I've had cereal and am now having toast and coffee. I'll be off to my aunt's soon, probably for eggs of some sort.

we're across the state to move younger daughter out of her dorm today.  fun fun

Drive safely! Don't sneeze on anyone. :P

6 minutes ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Ooh nice top page :D 

Eep @Lagie how did that happen?!

Leaning over the arm of the chair at Starbucks to pick something up. Stupid, right?

I'm sure you don't, @trystan! :D

Bahamians and Haitians gave trouble with social distancing. In bank lines, they like to stand on your heels.

tee hee

at the store I work at, we have the "wait here for next cashier" kinda line, but when it's just me on register, the line moves up to begin at the second register. Hard to explain, but it's kind of claustrophobic

Oooh, ouch! Hope your ribs feel better soon. I had a bruised rib a few months ago and know a bit of how that feels.

It feels very awkward and strange not going to church today. :( I guess this is all necessary, but I don't have to like it!

We're still business as usual here, bar the panic shopping and a couple of cancelled events. Still no cases.

At the shop, there is no counter, and a few of the customers stand right up in my face. I may need to rearrange things...

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberry and whipped cream*

I managed to bruise my rib yesterday. It's making breathing a tad awkward this morning.

Oh, yum.  Now I have this great yearning to go to IHOP.  

Ouch!  That does not sound like fun.  

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It feels very awkward and strange not going to church today. :( I guess this is all necessary, but I don't have to like it!

I know the feeling.  I don't like it at all.  

Hello!

Stay healthy and i mean especially your mindset. Being not able to socialize properly is not healthy also. Hope no goverment is pulling somehting really crazy and abusing this situation.

There was some good general info in the How Was Your Day thread (which we seem to have commandeered into being a coronavirus chat...) - 

4 hours ago, olympe said:

And I can only re-iterate what classycal said - wash your hands, stay away from other people wherever you can, keep your distance. Avoid crowds! However, I have some other things to add:

• Don't shake hands. Seriously. Our hands come in contact with pretty much everything. Shaking hands makes us come into contact with everything the other person (and whoever they have shaken hands with) has come into contact.
  • Ideal times to wash your hands:
    • When you arrive home.
    • After you have been in a public place - even if all you touched is a railing, a lift button or some change. Wash your hands. 
    • After the use of public transportation. 
    • Before you eat. Yes, especially finger food.
    • Before you prepare food.
    • After you had to sneeze and still put your hand in front of your mouth. Old habits die hard.
    • Yes, also after using the restroom. Obviously.
    • After every human interaction. Better safe than sorry. (Unless you live in the same household, in which case it's probably obsolete.)
  • Don't feel safe due to using disinfectants. Most of them don't work against viruses.
  • Don't feel safe because you use a face mask. Most of them let virus particles (as well as microscopic droplets containing viruses) through.
  • When you need to go shopping, try to go at times where stores aren't usually busy. It helps to minimize contact, and also gives you better chances that the stores are stocked. (At least it worked here.) If you can, order online.
  • If you have elderly / high-risk neighbors, ask them (via phone, or through the door, or via hand-delivered mail with your phone-number included) whether you can get stuff for them. This will help protect those who need it the most.

3 hours ago, olympe said:

I'm pretty sure I forgot some, though. Like washing your hands after blowing your nose? I'm sure there are a hundred other things to consider.

Another thing: Try to make your shopping trips rare. Buy whatever you need for a week or two, if you can.

There's also the common advice to not panic buy or hoard stuff. I'm not sure how to say this, but this only works if everyone follows this advice. Or do you feel like playing the prisoner's dilemma with your whole neighborhood? Other advice (outside of this crisis, obviously) is to always have food, drink and other necessities at home that last you (and your family) for two weeks. This should also include necessary medication. I'd also suggest medication against common ailments - like colds, diarrhea and a common headache, the latter of which usually also works against fever. Personally, I also got some vitamins. In case fresh fruit or veggies are not available for a longer time, this might be a good thing.

Maybe avoid raw food, too? I mean, ever watched the vegetable/fruit section in a supermarket, and how many people tend to touch that stuff before *maybe* buying it? Do you know what they touched before, or what germs they carry? Right now, I'd go with the advice against hepatitis in southern regions: Boil it, peel it or leave it. (Yes, baking, grilling and any other form of heating counts, too. No, removing the outer leaves from cabbage doesn't. A-choo happens. Gesundheit.)

I also forgot the one about sneezing/coughing into the inside of your elbow. (Personally, I often prefer the shoulder when wearing short sleeves. Just saying.)