Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Someone at work asked me if tortillas are flushable, I hope they were kidding. I know tp is scarce, but seriously?

Tortillas would be awfully expensive to use as TP.  Washcloths that you can wash is a much better option.  After all, that's what some hospitals and nursing homes use for incontinent patients.  Wash the washcloths with bleach and hot water and you are good to go.  

Welp, it's official. I am not house sitting until further notice; they /finally/ decided not to fly out tonight. I am not surprised but I will admit to kind of hoping they would since they have better internet, not to mention I get paid to house sit, so there goes a chunk of this month's income.

Now... what books have I in line to read?

Yeah, frustrating, isn't it?

We've postponed our jewellery sale (which brings in about $2,000 for the shelter so that's a huge loss), and I do hope we get some kind of shelter plan update tomorrow.

I've started "The Dry" by Jane Harper.

Sorry your house-sitting has been cancelled, Lagie. I fear with so many businesses closing temporarily there will be a lot of people whose income will suffer.

We went to the store today -- 2 grocery stores, actually -- and got in and out fairly quickly. There were lots of bare shelves, though. No toilet paper or paper towels to be found, no eggs, no lunch meats, no bread, no frozen vegetables, no bottled water. Fortunately I did not go to buy any of those things and I was able to get all that I needed except yogurt -- the only yogurt available was the super-expensive specialty stuff, so I skipped that. I do hope things will settle down and the stores will be able to restock soon. It is really surreal!

It IS surreal. I feel like I am in a Stephen King novel. It seems like everything is closed or closing. I hope life as we know it is not over and things will go back to normal soon.

Surreal is a good word for it!

Books. Lots of books.

And origami. :P

like a snowstorm and 9/11 had a baby, is what my older daughter calls it.  younger daughter said it feels like a cross between a snow day and the apocalypse.  i have books, crochet, netflix, and the internet.  i'm also pretty sure i can go into the office tomorrow - it's just me and my boss, and we're in separate offices.  i was off today.  

3 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

It IS surreal. I feel like I am in a Stephen King novel. It seems like everything is closed or closing. I hope life as we know it is not over and things will go back to normal soon.

Ha...  I thought of The Stand.  

A friend and I worked on the moving issue again.  We got a lot of stuff ready for the thrift shop and threw away a bunch of stuff.  We didn't pack a thing though.  

Good morning everyone!

So today there are just three people at my work. The rest are working from home.

So this place is feeling a bit haunting

Everyone’s plans are just going awry rn. 

Fortunately I have lots of things to do (besides homework which I really should be doing now). >.> <.< 

Currently reading Illuminae by Amie Kaufman. I really like her books. 

A lot of us were supposed to go to Washington DC on March 22, but that will have to wait, hopefully for not too long.

We are a big company. And in the media business. So the big big bosses are very strict with the whole thing

I live in an area where three states come together.  I wonder if it will come to the point where I won't be allowed in those other two states.  

Six of my co-workers returned from a fishing trip in Oregon, they flew into LAX where they were tested and examined for 4 hours, then ordered to go home for self-quarantine for 14 days. They were due back to work tomorrow. After finding this out I am not leaving California any time soon.

I live in Kentucky and I have relatives in Ohio.  I'd hate not to be able to visit for months.  

My coworker thinks she might have corona, which has me concerned, not just for myself but we work with at risk individuals.

Morning peeps!

Well that's highly concerning, MP 😧

Edit: Ok apparently I may be booted to work at home too 😧

Edited by Fortune86

I hope you're okay, MP!

I thought you did paperworky stuff, Fortune? Will they make you carry the papers home?

Happy St. Patrick's Day, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, toast, and a pile of potatoes*

It's cooler again this morning, but still dry, thank goodness. My plants are loving this drier weather.

*snugs a Lagie*

They'll just have to manage without the paperwork for now. It'll mean a lot of catching up later though T-T

*takes all the toast and poofs for lunch*

Fortune!

Aww, you poofed!

*waves at the trail of toast crumbs then restocks the toast*

That could be a lot of catching up depending on how long you are home for.

I don't have internet at home so working from home isn't much of an option for me.

Pftt i'm young it wouldn't kill me, it's more concerning since I interact with susceptible people at work.

But nah she thinks it isn't corona and was just messing around.

Those of us in health are a lot less concerned since we know the importance of washing hands.