Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

@trystan

90260916_2579993742258251_67126103139732

Of course I thought of you when I saw this today! XD

And, the one day in weeks I decide to do some sorting and pricing outside, it decides to spry. Of course it does.

(Spry = Bahamian for light misty rain)

Toppage, page 10! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

oh yeah, i shared that on my facebook! XD

in other news, my retail job is now closed because the property manager wants it closed.  the manager said we could work at other locations, so i did give him two locations and a time frame (which is only like 4 hours in the mornings)... but i'm thinking since it's retail and with the public, i kinda don't want to work... but i can't NOT work. i mean, it's really not that much extra, but it helps. *sigh*

FFS it's just cost £200 to fix a leak in the downstairs toilet. Cost way more than it should have because the people who lived here before did all their own home improvements.

Well, it happened here. As of 9 a.m. tomorrow, we are on lockdown, too. At least, so says the second pdf we were sent (the first one was from Singapore - the policeman who sent it out should have known better!).

as of now, the property manager of my retail job closed the store - guess he doesn't want any liabilities? 

but tomorrow i'll be calling Unemployment to see if i'm even eligible - i only work from 12-15 hours a week.  

hubby says grocery stores are hiring. heh.

Good luck  @trystan.

I am still technically semi-essential but I cannot work from home without proper internet.

i'm not really sure about my main desk job - since our governor called for "non-life-sustaining" businesses to close, and my retail job falls under that.  but i think that job should be okay.  i'll email my boss monday about it if i don't hear anything in the meantime.

I have a dog and cat at my shop that will need to be fed, so I will go in on my usual days to do that, and try to get some emails sent out begging for funds since we are going to run short very quickly with no shop and reduced vet visits.

I don't know if I'm on lock down or not. The Governor declared a state of emergency about 2 weeks ago, and the County Board of Supervisors where I live said there was no state of emergency, business as usual, just no crowds and self isolation if you are sick. Today the mayor said we are lockdown, businesses closed, stay in your house, etc. Then about 10 minutes later the County Board of Supervisors said no crowds, but gas stations, grocery stores, hardware stores etc to remain open and restaurants open for take out and delivery. So I guess it is anyone's guess right now.

I’m pretty sure I’m not on lockdown. People are getting better here so here’s to hoping it’s completely gone in a while. 
Some people are suspecting that Indonesia will be the bomb that brings us all down when we think this virus is over. 

7 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

I don't know if I'm on lock down or not. The Governor declared a state of emergency about 2 weeks ago, and the County Board of Supervisors where I live said there was no state of emergency, business as usual, just no crowds and self isolation if you are sick. Today the mayor said we are lockdown, businesses closed, stay in your house, etc. Then about 10 minutes later the County Board of Supervisors said no crowds, but gas stations, grocery stores, hardware stores etc to remain open and restaurants open for take out and delivery. So I guess it is anyone's guess right now.

It is no wonder people are confused about things with leadership like that. It seems that nationally we are finally getting folks on the same page -- even (mostly) the president -- but local and state governments are still at odds with each other and sometimes within themselves. The confusion puts people's lives in danger!

I would rather err on the side of caution myself.

i shared a tweet* on facebook that pretty much says "pretend you're already infected and change your behavior to avoid transmitting it" or something like that.

*many times - since people are idiots and know how to use graphic editing programs - if someone posts a picture/screenshot of a tweet that i want to share, i'll go the actual twitter account of the person who tweeted it and see if i can find the tweet and screenshot that to post/share. a lot of times the sites that originally share it don't have a date and time stamp of the tweet, so it's hard to tell if it's real or not.  even some of the tweets the orange thing is attributed to as having tweeted, he actually hasn't. *sigh*

anyway.... i'm about to turn on the tv with the goal of watching my current show on netflix,  we'll see how long the trainwrecky news pulls me in before i get to it.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

i shared a tweet* on facebook that pretty much says "pretend you're already infected and change your behavior to avoid transmitting it" or something like that.

That is truly the best way to approach it!  That is, if people care about the fact they could be infected.

Good... um, afternoon, CPA! B)

*sets out granola bars*

It's chilly here for mid March.  And I wasn't too happy to have a buzzy bee in my bedroom this morning before sunrise (I have a gaping hole in my screen...), but I managed to catch it and put it outside before anyone (bee or me) was harmed.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

That is, if people care about the fact they could be infected.

i really hope they do care, but based on news reports, there are people who just don't care....

*sigh*

also, i have TP. :) 

I have TP, too! :)

And two side-by-side four inch scratches down my abdomen. Some doofus tractor-trailer truck decided he just had to blow his durned horn at the two cars in front of him, scaring my poor shop cat half to death as I was carrying her out of the shop this afternoon. Her hind claws got me as she launched herself out of my arms away from the noise.

ouch!  bad tractor-trailer!

*pets kitty and tells her the loud noise is all gone*

Poor kitty.  Poor you.  They can get you good when they are scared.  My cat once scratched me bad enough that I needed stitches, but I super glued it instead.  

Well, I went and got some fresh vegetables and applesbtoday.  Couldn't get any bread - had to settle for tortillas.  Washed all the veggies and fruit.  I already have plenty of TP.  So I'm all set now to stay at home.  Well, I do have to go to the bank in the morning, but then I'm staying in.

The thrift shops I volunteer at are closed now.  I have stuff in my car to donate that I'll probably have to drag back in the house.   

I do so hope people care about not infecting others, but I saw a lot of people out today.  We haven't had any cases very close to where I am, but we will, so people need to wake up!

I had fun trying to get toilet paper earlier today.I went to two Giants, a ShopRite, a Dollar General,a Rite Aid, and two Walgreens. It was finally at the second Walgreen whena Walgreens lady asked me if I found everything I was looking for. I said "yeah, but you're sold out ...including even that one -ply stuff that nobody likes anyway." she got a bit of a conspiratorial look on her face, said "I have one," and told me there had been two left (but now there was one), it was first come first serve, and it seems that I was there just at the right time.

earlier while i was out, my younger daughter has texted me asking where all I had been, so I told her. When I got home, her and her boyfriend went out to Walmart, and came back with three four packs of the one place stuff that our septic system prefers.so yay, we have toilet paper now! XD 

also, I learned how to use speech to text on my Chromebook just now :) 

I actually like the one-ply stuff. The two ply ones leave me feeling linty. Blech. Glad I got mine a couple of days ahead of the start of the panic buying here.

I love that "kid, look what I have for you here" kind of story that you had! XD But isn't it bizarre what the world has come to?

our septic system prefers the 1-ply.  i kinda like it a little softer, but yeah i know what you mean.

and very bizarre...

Now 4 cases here...

I'm having trouble concentrating on the book I'm reading (and I'm running out of data, so if I poof till Monday that's why).

there's 24 cases in my county.

so as i mentioned somewhere before, my state has said your business should stay closed if you're a non-life-sustaining business.  that's created a LOT of questions in my area (Philly and surrounding counties).  there's now an email you can send to to ask if you're a life-sustaining business, and there's an email for waivers and exemptions.  i first thought that maybe i shouldn't say anything to my boss about it, but hubby says i should tell her about it, that way she knows i'm remaining engaged in the welfare of our little business.  so my plan is late monday morning, i'll email her with my plans for tuesday, and when she replies, then reply back with "hey, btw i saw this email and thought i should send it to you".... and then let her decide if she wants to email, or if one of the guys from our main/home office wants to email.... or if i'm taking a chance when i go in on tuesday.  when i do go in tuesday, i'm going to set up the email things that i need to for thursday, and as long as they're in my Drafts folder, i can send them out on thursday.

sorry, not that you all needed to know that, i kinda wanted to just share it and get it out there.  kinda like "shouting it into the void" XD 

*digs a hole in pile of fanfics* Hi guys! Just gimme a moment... *tumbles out of pile* Okay, I’m out! Hold on, I think I need to add something... *dives back into pile*

Edited by Swiftphoenix