Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

9 hours ago, trystan said:

well, i was off thursday, november 25, and my next off day is sunday, december 12th.... so close enough.  (that's between both jobs!)

That's a lot@

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

2) If my dragons refuse each other, will they ALWAYS refuse? Or is there a chance they will still breed, it's just much harder?

They will always refuse, sadly. If one is a holiday and they refuse out of the holiday season, they will breed during that holiday's week only.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I change houses today, from three dogs to one. I have someone else feeding my cats while I'm out west.

45 minutes ago, Lagie said:

They will always refuse, sadly. If one is a holiday and they refuse out of the holiday season, they will breed during that holiday's week only.

Bollocks. It was 2 of my nebulas for my lyrical lineage. They flat out said no. Well, guess i'll have to try a different pair and hope.

Thanks for letting me know Lagie, and good morning.

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I have also come to realize I chose poorly when designing my lineages, thus making it much harder on myself 😕

How so? The nebulas?

26 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Bollocks. It was 2 of my nebulas for my lyrical lineage. They flat out said no. Well, guess i'll have to try a different pair and hope.

Well, now that you've got fertility figured out, you need to use that before breeding your new pair. They almost never refuse that way. I think I have only had one refusal with fertility out of probably hundreds of new pairs.

And don't breed them the minute they grow up. ;) Give them an hour or so to get used to being adults. XD

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

That's a lot

yes....  yes it is.

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And don't breed them the minute they grow up. ;) Give them an hour or so to get used to being adults. XD

I just had to giggle at this..... I have a dragon growing up tonight that I was going to breed if I have a purple dragon available.... but we'll see how it goes! :)

I have to leave for work in a few minutes.

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Before fertility's anti-refusal effect, I was firmly convinced that breeding too soon after they grew up greatly increased refusal chances. I don't know that it does, now, but I still try to wait.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

How so? The nebulas?

Well, now that you've got fertility figured out, you need to use that before breeding your new pair. They almost never refuse that way. I think I have only had one refusal with fertility out of probably hundreds of new pairs.

Yes, The Nebulas and the Celestials were not a good idea, nor was trying to breed an Almerald to a Brimstone for my Rainbow lineage. They look nice, but MAN are they difficult.
Yeeeeaaah, that's kind of how I realized fertility wasn't working 😬 I knew using it should have made that less likely, and IMMEDIATELY they refused so I was like uuuhhhh...what went wrong here?

45 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Well the male has been an adult for some time now, the female a few hours before I tried to breed, but this is good to know lol

22 minutes ago, trystan said:

Have a great day friend!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

I just had to giggle at this..... I have a dragon growing up tonight that I was going to breed if I have a purple dragon available.... but we'll see how it goes! :)

Happy breeding. Hope work goes well!

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Before fertility's anti-refusal effect, I was firmly convinced that breeding too soon after they grew up greatly increased refusal chances. I don't know that it does, now, but I still try to wait.

Your 20 Challenge taught me the 'don't breed too soon' lesson. ;)

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Well the male has been an adult for some time now, the female a few hours before I tried to breed, but this is good to know lol

Have a great day friend!

You, too!

For @Kaini:

Screenshot_20211128-114034.thumb.png.2b56ed4cf3aeb10a8bc6ab807e096075.png

11 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

oooooh I'm gonna go try that! Thank you!

Oh my gosh, that WAS the issue this whole time! Thank you friend!

❤️ no problem

also i approve of santa cat.

i found the perfect pair for a dragon i have on my scroll being given out for free on the trading. I offered a random AP egg as it said "Free (description of lineage)" so i hope that's good enough....

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Have a great day friend!

it wasn't so bad, actually..... it seemed more like friday - saturday was the crazy day!!

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Happy breeding. Hope work goes well!

breeding isn't for another hour and a half or so then :) 

i'm glad there wasn't a november release.  so i'm guessing the next release will be xmas.  and i can unlock those last few egg shadows in my encyclopedia! :D 

So I keep seeing a 2021 Cookie Artist banner in signatures....is that like a pre-emptive thing or did it start and I don't have it, or....?

Just set my kid up her scroll. She is didn't realize it's not an instant gratification game and she has to wait several hours to days for her eggs to hatch lol poor cub. She's starting off with a Black tea, a Hellfire Wyvern, a  Spotted Greenwing, and a Frilled.

I have them in hatcheries for her, but I wonder if it would be acceptable for me to put her scroll/eggs in my sig, since I haven't heard back about her being allowed on the forum yet.

Edited by IzzyCat91

8 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

have them in hatcheries for her, but I wonder if it would be acceptable for me to put her scroll/eggs in my sig, since I haven't heard back about her being allowed on the forum yet.

I'm pretty sure you can only have your own dragons in your signature. But when in doubt, you could try PMing a mod. @purpledragonclaw's good at answering questions.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

*sneezes*

Turns out I didn't really need to pick up the key for this house from security yesterday. Three of the four sliding doors weren't locked. :rolleyes: They are now.

Good morning, CPA!

Quite chilly and blustery today. Will need to wrap up well for my walk with friends.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Turns out I didn't really need to pick up the key for this house from security yesterday. Three of the four sliding doors weren't locked. :rolleyes: They are now.

Yikes!

yikes is right!

office day.  i totally didn't want to get up this morning after all my alarms went off. *sigh*

breeding went well - i got my last Pyropellis in the lineages i was building with all the colors, so yaay! :D

13 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

So I keep seeing a 2021 Cookie Artist banner in signatures....is that like a pre-emptive thing or did it start and I don't have it, or....?

They're actually 2020 (player made) awards. The Holiday Event extended into January last year.

Despite all the amazing designs from simple to intricate, this was the unofficial winner.  It basically summed up 2020.

20210102_024105.jpg

Lagie was counting down the days until Trump was out of office after we ran out of cookies.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

The cookie event was a lot of fun! I wonder what's in store for this holiday season?

the holiday season usually starts the week before xmas, on the 18th, right?

also, does no one breed vremyas anymore? i want to find one from the AP for my next Doctor Who dragon.  i like the AP times, much better than breeding it myself XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

the holiday season usually starts the week before xmas, on the 18th, right?

Holiday breeding starts on the 19th, but at least last year the event didn't start until Christmas Day. Can't remember for sure about the year before.

Edited by purplehaze

yeah that makes sense too.

i don't remember the previous year either.

all i know is holiday breeding  and the holiday biome is the week before and up to and including the holiday itself - so probably December 19th it'll start.  and then on the holiday, the eggs are in the regular biomes, and for xmas you only get two ✔️

You're right about the 19th and I edited my post above so I won't confuse anyone.

I hope the cookie decorating is back again this year. I had fun with that even though my cookies looked pretty amateurish compared to others.

16 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm pretty sure you can only have your own dragons in your signature. But when in doubt, you could try PMing a mod. @purpledragonclaw's good at answering questions.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sneezes*

Thank you Lagie!

*takes tea*

6 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Thank you Lagie!

*takes tea*

Yes thank you @Lagie! And thank you @purpledragonclaw for all your help!

OMG I JUST FOUND A REALLY NICE THUWED!! GonVt

My Cub grabbed one earlier apparently! (We were just looking at hers from earlier today, she really likes the AP and grabbed this one: RoGeS) It has TWO Altkin in it's line!!

Awe, Thanks @Varasse for gifting Cookie some hatchies! She'll be so thrilled when she sees them!

Edited by IzzyCat91

Congrats on the Thuwed! (And Cub's SAlt!)

Good morning, CPA! B)

Lovely day out there. The sea's really rough so I'm glad the dog hasn't been insisting on beach walks.

Good morning, CPA!

*sets out apples and carrots*

It had been sleeting from sunrise to sunset, and it is still windy out there.

1flag6.png.d3232bf84e4e7fdb59680dad44118639.png

Edited by Lost_Unicorn