Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Congrats on the vamp!  My vampire crew did pretty well with the last round, two vamps, two repulses and only one dead egg.

well that's good on your vamps too!

my next round of biting isn't until the 16th (17th?), and hopefully those 2 will turn their eggs and they stay too :) 

70F is nice! i'll take that! (it's 68F in my house XD)

A rare moment of accessing the forums from my laptop, so I can actually see signatures for a change!

Coming to the end of my second week doing my Diploma, having a great time and really inspiring me to leave the country ASAP. It is difficult balancing what I want to do (work internationally,  provide aid and emergency relief) with what I also want to do (carry on in critical care and stay with Lover), especially since there is an opportunity right now to go for my PhD as well! Options, options...requires a lot of soul-searching.

8 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

A rare moment of accessing the forums from my laptop, so I can actually see signatures for a change

XD

I find that, too. It looks so different with the signatures.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

A day off! We had another four digit day yesterday, even higher than the day before. I hope they do as well today without me.

Hope the soul searching goes well, Mr. Kestra!

And - Happy Birthday, @Kestra15! Have a great day!

Edited by Lagie

busy day at the retail job.  it's real fun telling people the usual - we get trucks every friday, but we never know what's on the truck until it's unloaded - and throw in the supply chain snafu.... i'm expecting some of our xmas stuff to show up after xmas.  much like some of our halloween stuff showing up in november XD 

edit - i bought yarn.  for yet another blanket. heh.

Edited by trystan

Sounds like my store. XD But we're always like that because we rely on donations. We never know what's coming. They did another four digit day without me there. :)

Happy crocheting! How did the Minecraft one end up?

I have slept a lot today.

yeah, for yours to be unknown makes sense.... corporate does our ordering, so.....

it's always amusing when i scan an item with my RF scanner and it says there's zero on order, and then it comes in the next week! :blink: or when i scan something that is obviously right in front of me, and our Quantity on Hand is -1!

the Minecraft one is still going on .... i'm on row 24, there are 562 squares done, and 338 left to do!  (it's about 62% done, so says the math)

Silly corporate!

I brought a name for you. 

The usual person would spell this name Anastacia. The 'thinks she's being clever 'cause my kid's unique' Bahamian mom in question spelled it Anistagea. I had to say it out loud semi-phonetically to figure out what I was looking at. :rolleyes: (She sent in a volunteer form.)

how about "Anastasia"?  there are some creative spellings out there.  a friend of mine credits her birth father with only one thing - her name wasn't spelled Faythe, as her mom wanted.  so it's Faith, as a "usual person" would.

20 minutes ago, trystan said:

how about "Anastasia"?  

That is actually what I meant to type. :blink:

Stoopid fingers.

XD

The playback on the recording I made this morning keeps stalling. Cable has been doing weird stuff here. I will need to find somewhere to watch the Doctor Who season finale on Sunday now that I will no longer be at this house sit on that day.

it is it actually the season finale, or just the wrap-up of the current storyline?

Both. Last episode of Flux and end of season. I think there's a New Year's special.

yep and yep.  there's two other specials after the New Year's special.  and then it's a new Doctor! i haven't heard anything about Fourteen, though.... and i haven't looked either.

Hunh. I haven't seen who the new will be.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Off to work. See you later (I hope - my phone has been having internet connectivity issues)!

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

Off to work. See you later (I hope - my phone has been having internet connectivity issues)!

Have a good day. Hope you can get online when you want.

My wifi works fine with my laptop until I am on a Zoom or Google Meet call and then it likes to cut out. :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Lagie said:

Both. Last episode of Flux and end of season. I think there's a New Year's special.

Yup, and definitely part of the Flux storyline. Thank you for the birthday wishes, was in lectures then a 4hr drive home, but it meant seeing Lover :)

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

Hunh. I haven't seen who the new will be.

i'm not sure they know yet either.  and if they do, no one's leaked anything?

33 minutes ago, Kestra15 said:

Yup, and definitely part of the Flux storyline.

so the new years special is part of the Flux storyline too? interesting.  any news on the final two specials?

so hubby turns on Pandora (the music app) on our little Google Home (it's an overgrown speaker XD)....and then watches videos on his phone.  and all i hear is noise. ugh.

Edited by trystan

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Have a good day. Hope you can get online when you want.

Another four-digit day!

And... the wifi issue was a setting that had somehow been toggled off. Now that it's on, all is well!

1 hour ago, Kestra15 said:

Yup, and definitely part of the Flux storyline

Please make it end.

1 hour ago, Kestra15 said:

Thank you for the birthday wishes, was in lectures then a 4hr drive home, but it meant seeing Lover :)

You're welcome. Enjoy the visit!

The dog went berserk when I returned for my things this afternoon, she was so happy to see ne. My house feels a bit flat now.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The dog went berserk when I returned for my things this afternoon, she was so happy to see ne. My house feels a bit flat now.

Dogs are just so good, aren't they? 

1 minute ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Dogs are just so good, aren't they? 

They are! :)

Cats aren't quite as effusive in their greetings, though Ginger tried to get in the house, and Jenny climbed into my car while we were unloading my things.

Edited by Lagie
typo

They're just so pure and sweet. I love cats too though! Enough to have several, well had several, until two ran away. Sigh. I miss those fuzzy little jerks. lol

Aww. It's hard when you don't know what happened to them.

My three out back are pretty independent but they always show up for food.

Yeah, but it gets easier every day. Even if some days I miss my Bean so bad. (His name is Gilbert, but I've always called him Bean. He looked like a lima bean as a kitten lol). But I still have my Kiki. And my best friend's cat is my baby now too, so... I guess it's not all bad. 

Don't own any pups though, but my mother does.