Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

So, I start back at uni today - 3 weeks to complete my Diploma in Tropical Nursing.

My student flat has no heating. In winter. Curses.

* sends blankets and warm clothes *

3 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Dang that looks awesome!

Thank you! :) How are you?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

We had a brief power outage this morning. It scares one of the dogs when the power's out.

Kitties and guinea pigs! :) Lots of cute pics to see here this morning.

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

In other pet news, I just weighed my guinea pigs! One of them is 1000+ grams and the other is 500+ grams! He's so tiny! xD

*tries to imagine how much yarn this would be* .... i weigh my yarn in grams ;)

*sees pics*

awww, adorable!

awesome kitties, Izzy!

9 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Edit: Yay! Tybalt used the new litter! Maybe now the babies will take a shot at it.

yaaay!!!

so.... when my youngest brother was a kid, he had a rabbit he named Rocky.  Roch (with that gutteral "ch" sound that you just can't phoneticize) means "soft" in Hebrew, and Rocky was a soft bunny.  i think only when he died, my mom and brother found out he was actually a she.

(the Hebrew word Roch is why we (read: I) decided to keep our floofy dude cat's name Rocky.  he's so soft....)

boss is out this week (we're I'm only here Mon-Wed though) , so i'll be playing with dragons! might even bring that blanket and make some squares too XD

Edited by trystan

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

boss is out this week (we're I'm only here Mon-Wed though) , so i'll be playing with dragons! might even bring that blanket and make some squares too XD

When the cat's away the mice play? XD

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

When the cat's away the mice play? XD

of course.  this mouse always plays XD

Happy playing! ;)

I keep getting work-related WhatsApp messages today. It's messing with my weekend. :P

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

* sends blankets and warm clothes *

*Hoards them*

I've slept in colder, but that was when I was using a four season sleeping bag halfway up Mount Everest.. 

Black Truffes are really bad at producing offspring. 😕

How many recoloured horse dragons are on this forum? I think I saw 4 or 5. There's the pink one, the redhead, the chocolate one, and other two I don't remember how looked.

Just now, Lost_Unicorn said:

Black Truffes are really bad at producing offspring. 😕

if you'd like a 2G PB, i'll be breeding Besseyi & Blake wednesday afternoon! if they give me another egg i can send it to you :D

Hi everyone! What is everyone up to today? I'm currently waiting to go grocery shopping. Hopefully the store still has items on the shelves (due to Thanksgiving this Thursday). 

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

if you'd like a 2G PB, i'll be breeding Besseyi & Blake wednesday afternoon! if they give me another egg i can send it to you :D

Thank you for the offer, but I want to do it myself. :) I am not even annoyed yet anyway, just shared the observation.

"Melanosporum" - is that Latin?

2 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Thank you for the offer, but I want to do it myself. :) I am not even annoyed yet anyway, just shared the observation.
"Melanosporum" - is that Latin?

ah. you're welcome.

pretty sure it is:  "Tuber melanosporum, called the black truffle..." ;) XD

11 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hi everyone! What is everyone up to today? I'm currently waiting to go grocery shopping. Hopefully the store still has items on the shelves (due to Thanksgiving this Thursday). 

i'm up to no good.  my shopping order is getting shopped for me, and i'll pick it up in about 2 hours, after work.  i wonder what's sold out! XD

Edited by trystan

I would love to just order it and pick it up. Don't think the friend would go for that. lol. 

why not? Giant Direct is one of the best things i've found... now that i know how to play the game XD

(don't substitute anything, go in and make your own if it's "out of stock")

My friend is autistic and new things stress them out. And then... their dad isn't used to the technology. He's in his seventies, and it confuses him sometimes. lol

3 hours ago, trystan said:

Rocky was a soft bunny.  i think only when he died, my mom and brother found out he was actually a she.

Uhm, yes, as the bunny aged, it would have gotten more obvious if it was a male. When they're still young, you need a trained eye and that's when they're six weeks old.

neither my mom or brother has a trained eye.  i don't even know how often the bunny saw the vet. i DO know hubby and i bunny-sat Rocky once, i don't remember where my brother went, but Rocky was at our apartment for a while.  and we don't have a trained eye either.

I raised lopears when I was a teen, but my eye was trained by checking kittens before that.

I'm tired. It's windy and getting colder even though it's midday.

It's bright and sunny, but wind.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've done my grocery shopping. A few empty spots on the shelves due to shipping issues.

We've just had window-rattling thunder... and the sun's still shining. :blink:

got the email invoice from my order - there were only three things that were out of stock.  i'll double-check that when i get there today, there's a few things i want to go inside to pick up, and i can look to see what else is there when i get there. :D

I went shopping while hungry. Surprise... there were extra things in my basket. :rolleyes:

Gee, how did that happen? 😀 

I went last week. I don't like crowded stores.

I don't even like the idea of Black Friday sales. Those hoomuns need to respect my personal space.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We've just had window-rattling thunder... and the sun's still shining. :blink:

Are you sure it was thunder? Grew up in oilfield country myself. Big booms were sometimes explosions.

The wind has died down some. Earlier I was listening to someone on the bay trying to load their boat on its trailer with the wind and water working against them. Calling it a bay is kinda generous, tho.

Definitely thunder. It did eventually pour with rain.

In a Zoom meeting now...

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

I went shopping while hungry. Surprise... there were extra things in my basket. :rolleyes:

yeah, that sounds about right.

there were three things that were out of stock from my order

1 was a lie and it was in the refrigerator case.  1 really was out of stock, so instead of the store brand i got another brand that was (of course) more expensive.  the last 1 can wait until next week XD 

time to go get blue eggs and see if Nyx and Neferet change them into vampires that stay on my scroll.  (need to be specific, the universe is weird that way.)