Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

40 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Now I'm watching a grown man microwave an entire dinner to see if it would cook everything. 

A grown woman already knows the answer to that without wasting food.

And I'm always up for more turkey, too.

Glad to hear the turkey turned out decent, Izzycat.

It worked out fine, and I found it rather amusing as well. Even as a grown woman. 

Can you buy that thin cardboard with the special grey plastic for making stuff crispier in the microwave and cut it into the sizes you need?

Dunno. I'm not making anything. xD I'm just gonna sit here and relax. But that would be a good idea for some leftovers. 

Families have departed, leftovers packed away, table cleared and wiped down, what little bit of dishes we used are in the sink, trash has been taken out. I can resume my daily routine and nap if I so choose. It was a nice visit though. We haven't really gotten to see our families for quite a bit of time now and everyone was sociable. I am pleased :3

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

My car is being washed this morning. I don't actually remember when that last happened. :blink:

Bright sunny day, too. I hope the car washing doesn't jinx it.

Hey all! If anyone has tiny animals that require hay, check out petsmart. Got 4 bags of hay today for the price of two~ Gotta love buy 1 get 1 free. 

worked today from 10 to 3.  it actually wasn't all that bad..... we had moments when the line got long, but there were only a few of those.

and they buy us lunch today.  i wonder if they will tomorrow too......

I have always made a point of staying home on "Black Friday". I am glad at least that most of the big stores seem to have decided not to be open on Thanksgiving. My daughter-in-law used to run out to all the sales, but I notice she doesn't do that any more. Glad things weren't to crazy at your store today @trystan.

We are hosting Christmas at our house this year. It will be the first time we have had company here in two years. I think there is rather a great amount of clearing and cleaning that needs to be done before then! XD

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am glad at least that most of the big stores seem to have decided not to be open on Thanksgiving.

i think the pandemic helped this.  many places were closed last year on actual Thanksgiving, so they just kept that into this year.  i thought we were actually closed, but in the end i think we might have been "open" for those people who placed a "buy online pickup in store" order.  i don't know for certain.

...i have to return some yarn tomorrow.   i hope - because i work there - i can get the money back on my card instead of as store credit, because the receipt expired like yesterday XD 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

i think the pandemic helped this.  many places were closed last year on actual Thanksgiving, so they just kept that into this year.

I think that is true. One of the very few good things to come out of the pandemic. I just hope it holds in the future.

oh i hope so too.

in the past, michaels has had really good coupons the earlier you came shopping - like 25% off regular and sale items friday morning; but only 50% off a regular priced item friday afternoon/night; and then 20% off regular and sale items saturday morning; but only 40% off a regular priced item saturday afternoon/night.  and when we were open thanksgiving night, it was 30% off regular and sale items - which is also the employee discount! :blink:

this year? 20% off regular priced items.  and that was it.  a few people grumbled, and people did ask if there were any better coupons - honestly, a few years a go, michaels had said they were going to have better "member-only" coupons - and they do, but it's random when you get them.

so maybe that's why it wasn't all that bad today - lack of coupons? i dunno.

We were crazy busy today, and even with a full 50% off everything except furniture, several people asked for even more off. :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, trystan said:

a few people grumbled, and people did ask if there were any better coupons

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We were crazy busy today, and even with a full 50% off everything except furniture, several people asked for even more off. :rolleyes:

Well, seems people are always gonna want more! XD

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

ain't that the truth!

I want to grumble!

But not about furniture discounts.

I need less funiture or, at least, different.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Always.

I do plan to continue the sale tomorrow. The shop is sooo overfull, we really need to get a lot of it sold.

Late? It's early. :P

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

It's chilly this morning. I may need to grab warm clothes from home before I head west to the next house sit tomorrow.

Congratulations to our US posters who survived Thanksgiving meals!

Edited by Kestra15

*crawls across floor with bulging belly*

Survived? For now. *groan*

It feels like this week has two weekends.